The Autumn Thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
yay! 🍁 this thread speaks to me on every level.

it’s my favourite time of year (october-february 👌🏻) - breaking out my knitwear, my cinnamon scented candles, my cute matching scarves and gloves, ready to get all cosy as the nights set in. perfection!
I absolutely adore September and October. When the nights start drawing in and the air starts feeling crisp again. I get excited to wear nice boots and a nice coat. I always think autumn winter in the UK has something magical about it. Jan/feb can be a bit depressing without any snow. Love a bit of March and early April too with the daffs out and celebrating Easter.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I absolutely adore September and October. When the nights start drawing in and the air starts feeling crisp again. I get excited to wear nice boots and a nice coat. I always think autumn winter in the UK has something magical about it. Jan/feb can be a bit depressing without any snow. Love a bit of March and early April too with the daffs out and celebrating Easter.
Best way to combat january and February blues? Keep your lights up for Candlemas! https://www.english-heritage.org.uk/about-us/search-news/leave-your-decorations-up/

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I think my electricity bill would be through the roof if I did that this year. Plus I end up wanting to take them down before the new year because ✨ new year, new me ✨ and all that shite. 😂

I wonder if we’ll see less festive lights outside homes due to the energy crisis.

Does anybody decorate their home for Halloween? I usually get little bits and do pumpkins with the kids but nothing crazy.

Reactions: 7
I love autumn and winter! I’m already counting down the months until I can put my Christmas decs up😅
Also can’t wait to whack the slow cooker out and make some stews!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I think the only time we use our slow cooker is in the winter months. It’s great though, just chuck it all in and let it do its thing. Can’t beat nice hearty dinners when it’s cold outside. I love making homemade soup too! 😋 ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I love how Americans decorate for halloween. I just browse Pinterest and insta with envy lol.
I’d love something like this, wish we had porches in England
B87B1709-653B-4D8E-AC5B-08C8722FFFE0.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I’m making a list of things to watch and books to read for autumn. Does anyone know where I can watch twin peaks? Only place I can see online is Amazon but it seems to be through paramount + for £6.99 a month. I don’t have prime so is that £6.99 on top of the monthly prime fee?

Also can anyone recommend any good books for autumn? Especially ones based around halloween.

Thank you 😊

If you have a Now TV entertainment subscription you can watch Twin Peaks on demand on Sky Atlantic. With Amazon I think you can buy the series without a Prime membership.

ETA - It’s Twin Peaks: The Return which is on Now TV

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
If you have a Now TV entertainment subscription you can watch Twin Peaks on demand on Sky Atlantic. With Amazon I think you can buy the series without a Prime membership.

ETA - It’s Twin Peaks: The Return which is on Now TV
Yeah I have sky and found the later series. Might see if I can find the earlier ones on dvd cheap (not bought a dvd in around 6 or 7 years and honestly forgot they existed 😂)

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I spent the morning sorting my Halloween films all ready to watch

Dracula (Gary Oldman version)
Dracula and The hound of the Baskerville's (Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee star in both)
Silence of the lambs
King Kong (1933 version)
The exorcist and
The omen
The nightmare before Christmas (a film for between Halloween and Christmas)

Will have to search out Twin Peaks, with coffee and cherry pie of course.
Couch blankets are fresh out of the wash, just waiting for cooler weather.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Just sat here waiting for spooky season to arrive like:

We’re doing Orlando Florida at the beginning of October next year, I can’t wait to experience fall in the US (even although it’ll still be very warm).

Reactions: 13
Just sat here waiting for spooky season to arrive like:

We’re doing Orlando Florida at the beginning of October next year, I can’t wait to experience fall in the US (even although it’ll still be very warm).
Oh so jealous I’d love to see the Halloween decs! We’re hoping to go April time!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Went on a tk maxx candle spree yesterday. Found a really nice thyme and pumpkin one that isn’t too overpowering. Plus a pine tree Yankee candle and another in the shape of a butt, but that’s less wintry.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Love love love autumn candles. Will go to tk maxx soon as well and see if they already have some nice ones

Reactions: 2
I've noticed lots of brown leaves in my garden falling from the trees in the neighbours property. Getting me all excited for cold crisp mornings :)

I've noticed lots of brown leaves in my garden falling from the trees in the neighbours property. Getting me all excited for cold crisp mornings :)
On my drive into work I noticed a lot of bushes and trees have orange leaves, I guess the heatwave has made the leaves fall sooner.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Ah, this thread speaks to me! Yesterday where I live it was all drizzly and gloomy and with the blackberries out it smelt soooo autumnal. Recently moved house and cannot wait to get cosy and decorate for autumn and then Christmas. I need a new 'winter' White Company candle this year too - eek!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
95DA27DF-1B65-42EA-8D87-A2C0010D3FAD.jpeg

I’ve noticed the dark evenings are slowly creeping in already! Soon 🧡

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.