The Autumn Thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hate to say it… but looks like we won’t be getting the beauty of autumn leaves this year… because of the extreme heat a lot of the trees are dead and the leaves are falling in huge quantities already (might be different elsewhere but it is the case where I am sadly)

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I love that first day when you can smell autumn in the air. Also, that ‘back to school’ feeling every September. Makes me want to buy a new notebook and pens for no particular reason!

Reactions: 19
I love that first day when you can smell autumn in the air. Also, that ‘back to school’ feeling every September. Makes me want to buy a new notebook and pens for no particular reason!
My children go back to school on Wednesday. Dreading the school run in this heat but it’s supposed to cool down a bit by then. 🙏🏻

Reactions: 4
Ditto. The bonus of living in the countryside, in a village full of pensioners, is that nobody comes knocking on my door asking for treats, and I don't have to buy any pumpkins.
I'd love that, We get loads of kids round here and I have children so feel like I have to join in, even though I have it.
I love bonfire night and think more should me made of that like it was in the 80's

• Heart
Reactions: 6
What a fabulous thread 🥰 I love autumn (and winter), I’m not a fan of the heat or summer at all! I’m on leaf-watch whenever I drive around our local area, the colours are definitely starting to change 🤞🏻 and am I the only sad person who likes to see the nights drawing in?! It makes me so happy to check the earlier sunset times when I look at my weather app! 🤣
I love the nights drawing in, proper evenings are coming back!

I don't even mind the mornings being darker, as I hate hate hate broad daylight at 5am!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m the opposite, not fussed about Bonfire Night and only do it for the kids. We usually take them to up to the top of the brae overlooking the city to watch the fireworks, usually there’s a small crowd of families gathered. I hate when teenagers start letting off fireworks all through October, usually those loud bangers - stresses my cats out. 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’m the opposite, not fussed about Bonfire Night and only do it for the kids. We usually take them to up to the top of the brae overlooking the city to watch the fireworks, usually there’s a small crowd of families gathered. I hate when teenagers start letting off fireworks all through October, usually those loud bangers - stresses my cats out. 😬
I know what you mean about kids letting them for a few weeks, my family dog used to have fits due to the fireworks. I have always loved that day, I even got married on that date.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
When I was young I used to love bonfire night when we had family and friends round, fireworks and food etc, So much fun. I might have a little gathering this year actually.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It used to be more of a thing when we were younger, definitely. We used to go round collecting wood for the bonfire from the neighbours. I loved playing with sparklers 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Oooh I love bonfire night !
Prefer it to halloween as I think I am still mentally scarred remembering trying to hollow out a swede !

• Haha
I want that long black coat!!

I love this thread! Autumn is just the best. I’m not built for warm weather in the slightest! I just love the crispness in the air, the colours, the fashion - just everything. I want to wear cute skirts and pinafores and boots and not have to worry as much about covering myself up
I'm looking forward to the crisp air too. It feels like we have been starved of fresh air, this summer.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I have such fond memories of Bonfire Night and always remember the adverts reminding people to wear gloves and have a bucket of water to put sparklers in. I used to love eating candied peanuts (they had melted sugar on them) and roasted chestnuts with a nice cup of hot chocolate! Me too emmer! I really miss the fresh air - it's been very heavy, dusty and humid where I am for a very long time now

Reactions: 10
Oooh I love bonfire night !
Prefer it to halloween as I think I am still mentally scarred remembering trying to hollow out a swede !
I love a niche bad memory 😆

I woke up to it being overcast but I know it’s not going to last. I have a barbecue for 12 people today and I can see them on my phone tracker slowly ascending up the country towards me 😩 it’s going to be a long hot dusty day.

It’s overcast here and we’re going to the beach later. Still so hot though, hoping a paddle in the water cools us down 🥵

Reactions: 2
I’m getting married in October because it’s my favourite time of year!

I just love everything about autumn and September -January 1st is my favourite time of year!

can’t wait for winter dresses, big scarfs, boots, hot chocolates, Halloween & Christmas baking, Christmas shopping, cosy nights in, oh I just love it all!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
LOVE autumn! I could live in it all year round🍁 although I remember last year it took a while for it to feel quite autumnal, even November here in Scotland still felt a bit warm. Hopefully it feels a little crispier a bit sooner this year.

I’ve always got a stash of autumn scented candles ready to go. Palo santo, teakwood, sandalwood and myrrh, oud.. I could go on! I do love apple and cinnamon once December rolls around though.

Does anyone have any recommendations for tights that don’t rip so easily? I tend to go for Primark as they’re cheap and cheerful but I’m fed up of them ripping at the slightest knock. Looking for something slightly more on the opaque side but can still see skin through.

Reactions: 3
LOVE autumn! I could live in it all year round🍁 although I remember last year it took a while for it to feel quite autumnal, even November here in Scotland still felt a bit warm. Hopefully it feels a little crispier a bit sooner this year.

I’ve always got a stash of autumn scented candles ready to go. Palo santo, teakwood, sandalwood and myrrh, oud.. I could go on! I do love apple and cinnamon once December rolls around though.

Does anyone have any recommendations for tights that don’t rip so easily? I tend to go for Primark as they’re cheap and cheerful but I’m fed up of them ripping at the slightest knock. Looking for something slightly more on the opaque side but can still see skin through.
I love new look tights, really recommend them

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.