The Autumn Thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else get migraines when they go out in the sun? I can wear a hat, sunglasses, drink loads etc and I’ll still get a migraine and be sick 🤮

this is why I love autumn, I can go home, close my curtains, keep the lights off and light the candles.

Reactions: 12
I love that first day when you can smell autumn in the air. Also, that ‘back to school’ feeling every September. Makes me want to buy a new notebook and pens for no particular reason!
My favourite is when you feel the crispness in the air.. and it’s cool enough to wear jumpers but still warm enough to not need a coat. Perfection.

I’m a new mum and my baby will be 1 in October … what are some of your favourite autumn traditions that I can start with my little family?! 🧡🧡

• Heart
Reactions: 9
My favourite is when you feel the crispness in the air.. and it’s cool enough to wear jumpers but still warm enough to not need a coat. Perfection.

I’m a new mum and my baby will be 1 in October … what are some of your favourite autumn traditions that I can start with my little family?! 🧡🧡
you can get like autumnal nature checklists online of things you can collect in autumn,
875A63E0-1E5F-468E-8E52-92CAC599A663.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 10
What are some of your autumn dinner meals, I need some ideas. I am so excited for the cold weather, I can’t deal with this weather.

Reactions: 1
What are some of your autumn dinner meals, I need some ideas. I am so excited for the cold weather, I can’t deal with this weather.
-Spag bol (actually have this all year)
-Chicken noodle soup
-tomato & basil soup with cheese & ham toasties
-beef/chicken roast dinner
-chicken curry
-chips, beans & eggs
-full English
-meat & potato pie
-sausage casserole
-sausage & mash

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Beef stew is one of my faves. Potatoes, carrots and beef chunks 👌🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Does anyone else get migraines when they go out in the sun? I can wear a hat, sunglasses, drink loads etc and I’ll still get a migraine and be sick 🤮

this is why I love autumn, I can go home, close my curtains, keep the lights off and light the candles.
I do, I have to drink even more to try and avoid them. It's the only time I really need my migraine tablets, another reason I hate summer

• Heart
Reactions: 2
- Beef stew is a must!
- Spicy tomato and red pepper soup with cheese toasties
- Steak pie
- My gran’s ‘homemade soup’ which is carrot, potato, turnip and red lentils with ham stock. Must have excessive amounts of crusty bread with lurpack
- Risotto

I’m a pretty terrible cook as it can be quite overwhelming but find TikTok really helpful for following recipes as they show it step by step, and isn’t as long winded as watching a YouTube video. It’s also great for discovering new recipes!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
We love making roast veg - potatoes, red onions, beetroot, carrots - shove it all in an oven roasting tin with some sausages (can be veggie sausages!), cloves of garlic, olive oil & herbs over the whole lot, it's done in about half an hour & always delicious.

Also anything in the slow cooker is always a winner. Hubby likes to put a pork & lamb mince bolognese on the go early in the morning, then it's done in the evening, you just can't go wrong with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I love homemade soup and a toastie
Stew
Jacket potatoes
homemade cottage pie and lots of veg.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I love anything I can stick in the slow cooker and come home to 😋 beef ragu is a favourite!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
We’ll all need our slow cookers this autumn - really economical way to batch cook a load of bolognaise sauce, soup, stew to freeze for quick and filling winter meals. It’s pretty northern, but last year I made a pot of pease pudding (northern delicacy of split yellow lentils cooked down in ham stock) - a proper rib sticking dinner when served with the ham (pork knuckle, which used to be cheap till chefs discovered it!). The smell of pease pudding and ham, and my nans piccalilli is another smell of autumn for me. And leaf kicking! Roll on Autumn!!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I second the tomato soup with cheese toasties! Such a warming meal!
Cottage pie,
Chicken casserole (I always top mine with grated cheese)
Sausage and mash
Lots of homemade soups!
Basically anything soupy or with mash 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I have just bought a soup maker - ready in 30 mins.
God I’m BORING !
I got one for Christmas from my mum! I absolutely love it. I get home from work at 6pm and it’s so nice in the winter to just throw a load of bits in the soup maker and then leave it to cook while I do other things!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hope I’m not derailing, but as we‘re talking about slow cookers, can anyone recommend an air fryer

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.