The Archie Battersbee case

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
Daily Mail sad face when he gets conjunctivitis...grins like a Cheshire Cat when he's lying brain dead next to her in hospital 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 42
In the latest interview, still in the pink cardi with the fur collar, we see a more sombre Hollie/Lisa, talking about her faith and how Archie just needs more time... 6 months is mentioned. I don't know how she's missing the major information that Archie is dead. I hope the courts take it completely out of her hands. She's happy for her son to lay there as a sophisticated, rotting wee bag and it's unforgiveable to me.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Ahh, her faith so strong that neither she nor Archie had ever been christened...that is until the Christian Legal Centre came calling with their offer of free publicity and a bit of pro-bono work.

• Sad
Reactions: 28
The Christian Legal Centre are complete parasites feeding off others pain and misery. Even the Catholic Church doesn't demand that dead people are kept alive.

Reactions: 32
I have been following this case & haven’t yet commented, yesterday I read the notes from the last court hearing & the mothers accusations were well addressed by the clinicians & judge. In one section she states Archie has told her previously if he was on life support he’d want to remain on it so he didn’t leave her, in what world does a 12 year old boy come out with a comment that they’d like to stay on life support. She really is clutching at straws, sadly this is no longer about Archie & only about her protecting herself from grieving his loss. I hope she does realise she lost him weeks ago & now she needs to allow him to rest.

Attachments

I have been following this case & haven’t yet commented, yesterday I read the notes from the last court hearing & the mothers accusations were well addressed by the clinicians & judge. In one section she states Archie has told her previously if he was on life support he’d want to remain on it so he didn’t leave her, in what world does a 12 year old boy come out with a comment that they’d like to stay on life support. She really is clutching at straws, sadly this is no longer about Archie & only about her protecting herself from grieving his loss. I hope she does realise she lost him weeks ago & now she needs to allow him to rest.
How heartbreaking to have a conversation with a 12 year old about life support?

Reactions: 5
How heartbreaking to have a conversation with a 12 year old about life support?
I doubt the conversation ever happened I think it’s the mums way of trying to keep him on the life support as she will say they are going again this wishes to turn it off.

I doubt the conversation ever happened I think it’s the mums way of trying to keep him on the life support as she will say they are going again this wishes to turn it off.
Can't imagine this family having any kind of meaningful conversation at all. They've barely evolved from grunting at each other.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I have been following this case & haven’t yet commented, yesterday I read the notes from the last court hearing & the mothers accusations were well addressed by the clinicians & judge. In one section she states Archie has told her previously if he was on life support he’d want to remain on it so he didn’t leave her, in what world does a 12 year old boy come out with a comment that they’d like to stay on life support.
The same 12 year old boy who also "regularly asked his mother if they could be christened together in the Catholic church near their home." 🤔. Every 12 year old boy's "lifetime wish", surely.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
I have a son just a few months younger than Archie and the only time I can envision a conversation like that happening would be if a family member was on life support. Even then I don’t think a child could really comprehend the reality of what remaining on life support for an extended period of time would mean and what would happen to your body etc so it wouldn’t be an informed opinion. The army have more than proved that even many adults aren’t capable of understanding this.

Reactions: 19
This boy is dead and should be taken off any 'life' support. That said I think there needs to be a new legal approach to these cases, because while the families are obviously acting irrationally and arguably selfishly (Mum wanting son to be 'alive' despite the fact he is suffering kept in the state he's in) their grief and pain is put under a very public magnifying glass and nobody should have to go through that.

Reactions: 22
Exactly my point. It's heartbreaking if it did happen (which I doubt very much that it did) and heartbreaking if it didn't, because it means that it's been made up. Whichever way you look at it, this case is tragic and should be dragged out no longer, for all of their sakes.

Reactions: 8
The same 12 year old boy who also "regularly asked his mother if they could be christened together in the Catholic church near their home." 🤔. Every 12 year old boy's "lifetime wish", surely.

I watched this interview on I think it was Sunday morning live. I was on the fence at that time as had little knowledge but even then I found it very uncomfortable viewing

Reactions: 7
This boy is dead and should be taken off any 'life' support. That said I think there needs to be a new legal approach to these cases, because while the families are obviously acting irrationally and arguably selfishly (Mum wanting son to be 'alive' despite the fact he is suffering kept in the state he's in) their grief and pain is put under a very public magnifying glass and nobody should have to go through that.
That only happens when they waive their right to anonymity, though. There are probably similar cases going through the Courts between the ‘high profile’ ones with various potential Armies non the wiser.

The Christian Legal Centre are complete parasites feeding off others pain and misery. Even the Catholic Church doesn't demand that dead people are kept alive.
I remember Alfie Evans and being completely boggled. Didn’t the Priest from Itay have to be removed from Alder Hey because they were basically calling the medical staff murderers and trying to convert them as they went about their work?
The Judge in that case got very tetchy with their lawyer and almost held him in contempt at one point, IIRC.

Reactions: 15
That only happens when they waive their right to anonymity, though. There are probably similar cases going through the Courts between the ‘high profile’ ones with various potential Armies non the wiser.
Yes but they do that because they're desperate and they have weird religious groups in their ears. All these cases end the same way, look at how long Alfie Evans was dragged out for and how many nutty groups and other countries got involved saying they could help - ultimately, same outcome. It's cruel to drag it on and give desperate parents hope. Personally I don't think there should be so many avenues for legal appeal when it's so clear cut medically. It does nobody any good and it certainly does not respect the welfare of the actual patient.

Reactions: 16
It's a very tricky situation. I think if he'd been adult they have been less likely to intubate him (get an airway down to hook up to a vent)., as it is they intubated him to try and save him, but mostly to be able to assess him. The mother doesn't have a clue.

I feel like she's viewing herself as some sort of warrior. Definitely a narc.

Reactions: 13
She and the Barmy Army are claiming Mum knows best. And I agree she knows Archie better than the medical team, she’s not a doctor. I found it incredibly sad to read in the court files that she prefers to listen to people in the internet than the medical staff caring for her son.

And yes they couldn’t have been that devout if the whole family didn’t get christened until this happened! But if faith helps her come to terms with it then more power to her.

The next court date is tomorrow. It’s public and she is encouraging everyone to come down for it.

• Sick
Reactions: 9
She and the Barmy Army are claiming Mum knows best. And I agree she knows Archie better than the medical team, she’s not a doctor. I found it incredibly sad to read in the court files that she prefers to listen to people in the internet than the medical staff caring for her son.

And yes they couldn’t have been that devout if the whole family didn’t get christened until this happened! But if faith helps her come to terms with it then more power to her.

The next court date is tomorrow. It’s public and she is encouraging everyone to come down for it.
Lovely. They could make it into a real party with a FB live feed, balloons - to harm the wildlife when they're released - fluffy key rings, fruit shoots and tee shirts with a hospital bed photo on the front 🙄

Let's hope this is resolved tomorrow and the poor kid can RIP.

Oh, and don't forget access to everyone's bank accounts for that all important dosheronney 🤢

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.