The Archie Battersbee case

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That only happens when they waive their right to anonymity, though. There are probably similar cases going through the Courts between the ‘high profile’ ones with various potential Armies non the wiser.
Yes sadly it happens fairly regularly. But only in paediatric land. Never in young adults / adults. Often if there is an objection / disagreement, it can be worked out. I’ve seen threats of legal actions and the “you’re not abiding by his wishes” etc but no one ever follows it through… Which is why I’m so fascinated that they do with children!

Are these weird groups just lurking around hospital corridors preying on upset looking parents, wondering if they could be their next candidate??

I just can’t help but think about the other parents in the unit, who are going through a similar situation or dare I say a worse one. Who have had to say goodbye to their child, the ones who have left the unit without their child. The ones who haven’t organised vigils, released balloons, done online interviews, set up Facebook lives, got on with the nurses without calling them murderers - how must they feel seeing this show go on in the bed space next door? Are they awful parents for not fighting for their child to be “kept alive”? Not at all. But according to half of Facebook the NHS / legal system (makes no sense) have killed their children - how must that make them feel?!

Reactions: 30
Archie's mother is a liar and an unfit mother, she is not putting her child first.
Hopefully the court puts an end to the indignity displayed by his mother.

Reactions: 17
I can't see the Court of Appeal doing anything other than upholding the High Court's decision, and they'll set a date as to when the machines need to be turned off. So then they'll most likely appeal to the Supreme Court, who will also reject it. IIRC, Alfie Evans' parents even brought it before the ECHR, who dismissed it out of hand.

Archie's Army are thick, but they don't seem quite as crazily motivated as Alfie's Army. Remember the guy who turned up outside the hospital with oxygen canisters, in the hope that they could be used in transporting Alfie to Italy?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I can't see the Court of Appeal doing anything other than upholding the High Court's decision, and they'll set a date as to when the machines need to be turned off. So then they'll most likely appeal to the Supreme Court, who will also reject it. IIRC, Alfie Evans' parents even brought it before the ECHR, who dismissed it out of hand.

Archie's Army are thick, but they don't seem quite as crazily motivated as Alfie's Army. Remember the guy who turned up outside the hospital with oxygen canisters, in the hope that they could be used in transporting Alfie to Italy?
I remember a scavenger hunt for a CPAP machine which was a bit baffling.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Apparently that same guy sent Hollie a bible which she posted pictures of on facebook recently.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 6

please excuse my ignorance what does IIRC mean

Reactions: 2

Smoking a fag with a load of oxygen cylinders in his car. He was my favourite twit. He's very invested in sick kids 😬

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
The Facebook group is made up of people who are ignorant, when people comment with anything factual, no matter how kindly they are attacked and the comment deleted
I totally agree....I was blocked just for agreeing with someone who was being honest. It's seen as 'negativity' to point out the truth. Unless you hang onto Hollie's every word and agree with her, you're gone.
I've watched the video of him allegedly 'gripping' her hand and have been willing it to show some sign of movement but saw nothing, just like the group members saw nothing but if Hollie says it happened, they imagine that they did too. It's exactly the same with the 'eye flickering' vid. Lots of the members saying... "his eye moved!!", that shows he's still 'in there'....they're like a cult.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
I just watched a bit of the hearing and now I’m even more lost. So the family want to let nature take its course, god to do his thing, and for Archie to die by cardiac death and not neurological death. So 1. Take down all the medications and machines, they aren’t nature/God? And 2. Removing all the medications and machines will stop his heart = cardiac death. What do these people want??

Reactions: 12
the Archie army group on Facebook is bleeping bonkers. People selling things 🤬 making profit from a dying child, a go fund me, for what it doesn’t say what the money will go to

And you're not allowed to question what the money will go to either...

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I think there needs to be a process set in future where appeals like this can't happen in case of certain medical death ....... it's heinous to think of that poor darling boy decaying in a hospital bed at his parents whim.

Reactions: 13
I just watched a bit of the hearing and now I’m even more lost. So the family want to let nature take its course, god to do his thing, and for Archie to die by cardiac death and not neurological death. So 1. Take down all the medications and machines, they aren’t nature/God? And 2. Removing all the medications and machines will stop his heart = cardiac death. What do these people want??

Where did you manage to watch the hearing please?

Reactions: 2
All of this is just delaying the inevitable and it’s not fair on that poor child, or the doctors and nurses who are caring for him. I don’t mean to sound heartless because I’m absolutely not, but people are being so naive considering the medical evidence in this case.
Yes but they're going on Hollie's theory that it's a 'mothers intuition', and mother knows best..

• Sad
Reactions: 3

NB the link will change if they stop for a break I believe

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.