The Archie Battersbee case

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
From one of the latest posts in the army group, it sounds like Archie has a broken neck.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I have mixed feelings about that Dignity page. While I think it’s great to have places where you can discuss cases like this away from the echo chamber army group I do feel that that page deliberately antagonises the family.
Bringing up convictions from years ago, which are irrelevant to what is going on now. making regular new posts when there isn’t much to say, baiting the family and their followers knowing that they will react. Whoever runs the page clearly enjoys the attention it brings them IMO.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
What gives Hollie reason to believe that he was taking part in an online challenge? An online challenge doing what exactly? I find it strange to have not heard anything explaining what this "challenge" was, and considering she believes he may have been taking part in such challenge, why hasn't she spoken out about the dangers of this "challenge" to prevent further tragedies?

Reactions: 9
If she had any class she would ask people not to send cards or gifts but rather donate that money to a proper registered charity
The hospital would probably also have a charity fund to buy extras for the wards.

Reactions: 3
Sorry about the bad paint job on the names, I promise I haven't been drinking!

archie1.jpg
archie2.jpg
archie3.jpg

There were also scan photos posted in the group the other day, you can see there's something going on in his neck.

• Wow
  • Haha
As if one of the medical staff/imagers wouldn't have noticed a break. It's probably because he's now skeletal and it's one of his vertebrae sticking out.

Wonder how many years that poster studied radiology for. 🤔

Reactions: 21
From one of the latest posts in the army group, it sounds like Archie has a broken neck.
Yeah I saw that! In hangings it isn’t unusual to have C spine fractures, but the very first thing they would have done once he was through ED would be a full head & neck CT. If he had a C spine fracture he would be in a collar (although probably removed now as no need to immobilise him anymore as he’s, sadly, dead). And she would have been told this if he did as the question of if he’s paralysed from it or not would have been a big one, as you wouldn’t 100% be able to know the answer until he’s woken up and there would have been discussions about going to surgery to stabilise the spine, etc.

Also I imagine what she means when she says things like “he isn’t comfortable on his right side” is basically she’s heard a nurse say that and has ran with it. Often ventilated, and brain injured, patients have a preference to one side because when titled their secretions shift, they have one lung weaker than the other, one side of the brain more swollen than the other, etc etc, so titling to one side often throws vital signs off a little so we say “oops he didn’t like that, best pop him back before everything starts beeping”.

And his neck is “floppy”, as she said on the post, because he’s unconscious, regardless of it’s broken or not.

Shame she’s not retaining any info. X

• Sad
Reactions: 26
What gives Hollie reason to believe that he was taking part in an online challenge? An online challenge doing what exactly? I find it strange to have not heard anything explaining what this "challenge" was, and considering she believes he may have been taking part in such challenge, why hasn't she spoken out about the dangers of this "challenge" to prevent further tragedies?
This plays on my mind a lot. If it was a challenge why aren’t we hearing about it from other kids in this country but also around the world? Surely other kids would have accidentally died from this if it was viral? I remember years ago near me a kid died from hanging himself and his family said it was a virtual challenge for a very long time, until it came out from a friend that he had said he was planning to end his life a couple of times at school, which they had laughed off because they were kids. Ofc not saying that’s the same here but also very similar situation.

Reactions: 12
I’m wondering this too. Was his phone set up recording him? Had he “liked” videos of people doing the exact same challenge? Just doesn’t make sense to me. 😔

Reactions: 11
There were also scan photos posted in the group the other day, you can see there's something going on in his neck.
Wait a minute..... I thought she was adament that they absolutely weren't his scan pictures?!

This plays on my mind a lot. If it was a challenge why aren’t we hearing about it from other kids in this country but also around the world? Surely other kids would have accidentally died from this if it was viral? I remember years ago near me a kid died from hanging himself and his family said it was a virtual challenge for a very long time, until it came out from a friend that he had said he was planning to end his life a couple of times at school, which they had laughed off because they were kids. Ofc not saying that’s the same here but also very similar situation.
She said on This Morning that a police officer at that hospital had mentioned the 'challenge' (allegedly the tiktok blackout challenge) and they asked her if he might have been doing that. She's heard this from them and ran with that in desperation to avoid the obvious reason for Archie's condition.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
There is no neck injury. This was explored during the mid May court case, an extract from the judgement reads;
"There was some question about whether a cervical spine injury may have been caused to Archie but not have been picked up by the tests, but it was clear in re-examination that scans had been carried out and nothing of that nature found."

I have mixed feelings about that Dignity page. While I think it’s great to have places where you can discuss cases like this away from the echo chamber army group I do feel that that page deliberately antagonises the family.
Bringing up convictions from years ago, which are irrelevant to what is going on now. making regular new posts when there isn’t much to say, baiting the family and their followers knowing that they will react. Whoever runs the page clearly enjoys the attention it brings them IMO.
They've always been like it, they like to poke the bear and act all innocent when it starts more trouble.
I steer clear tbh.

Reactions: 6
There is no neck injury. This was explored during the mid May court case, an extract from the judgement reads;
"There was some question about whether a cervical spine injury may have been caused to Archie but not have been picked up by the tests, but it was clear in re-examination that scans had been carried out and nothing of that nature found."
So she's lying again then.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.