Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Cack Conroe

Chatty Member
Brain stem death is legal death. He is dead if his brain is dead. Anything else if your opinion rather than the accepted medical and legal consensus in the UK
No, what I wrote is legal fact. NOT my opinion.

He is not dead until the courts say so, which they haven’t as the last is being appealed. The judge strongly advised against ruling anyone dead in that unprecedented manner again.

He was unable to be declared brainstem dead because the tests could not be completed.

Therefore, he is not legally dead.

His body is still alive. It is not a corpse. All kinds of processes would have to be being followed if his body was considered a corpse.

Reactions: 4

Merpedy

VIP Member
I think the purpose of the judge putting the DNACPR in place was to reinforce the fact that relatives cannot demand CPR as a treatment (doctors cannot be compelled to offer treatment they consider futile or inappropriate), it takes a bit of pressure off the staff in ITU to continue with futile discussions behind the scenes (I'm assuming).
I think it's also giving them time to emotionally prepare to say goodbye tbh. Given the conversations happening in court it very much sounds like the judge isn't going to side with whatever the family's plan is

I think they wanted it to be private so she didn't have to defend any potential change of heart to the barmy army.......
I think so too tbh. It was a bit concerning earlier when they started talking about how Hollie should try and sue one of the reporters who was summarising what was happening on Twitter. That reporter never came back after the lunch break which I found a bit odd 🤷‍♀️
1657561680794.png

• Wow

FogOfWar

She still seems to be playing along with the "challenge gone wrong" story... lots of comments reference it every day, people suggesting they sue TikTok next.
It certainly makes sense that halfwits doling out terrible medical suggestions would not stop for a second to add terrible legal advice to their repertoire.

Cack Conroe

Chatty Member
They did an unofficial apnoea test (removing the ventilator to test breathing), it seems that Archie’s heart beats on its own (with medications) but he doesn’t breathe on his own.

• Sad

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member
Constantly changing your story regarding an incident is a massive red flag for child abuse. Just saying…
Yes it is.. has anyone actually seen video of her saying entirely. different things? I don't trust the media in any shape or form, nor do I trust abusers

I haven't watched or read anything about this awful case but have followed the thread since it started.

Merpedy

VIP Member
No, the other part of that post says she told the Dr that yes she knows as she was in the court.
I wish people just shared the full context of everything she posts 😭

I still wouldn’t put it past her to have made this conversation up as a way to mention what’s been decided in court. Again, I don’t think she’s actually made a post to confirm what’s been decided to the army personally, just that not everything being reported was true or something along those lines

MaldonMalaise

Hollie dance (the mother) is very dodgy apparently legally changed her name from Lisa Pittaway has convictions for assault and ABH. Has previous form for running to the papers when things don't go her way, there's a FB group talking about it all. There's definitely something weird going about the whole thing. I think the hospital should sue her for slander imagine being accused of murder when you are literally caring for a corpse.

The Archie's army and all the other Armies have an IQ of a goldfish.

What group is this?

I was just reading about local delight Jake Pittaway which I believe is a relative…

• Wow

bargainbetty

the Archie army group on Facebook is fucking bonkers. People selling things 🤬 making profit from a dying child, a go fund me, for what it doesn’t say what the money will go to

And you're not allowed to question what the money will go to either...

• Sad

monga

VIP Member
I don't think it was a TikTok trend kids would know where that's a big no,no as far as dares go , they've actually got a GFM up and running they were live on FB( from his bedside) a few weeks , if it is the case he's not as bad as the doctors are making out he should be able to support his own breathing after the tubes are removed ,they will then have to offer him support and re-evaluate his condition.

Leascarle

VIP Member
Jesus Christ

These absolute fucking idiots

Like… why would you make this picture of a seriously sick child and have it say VIBES.

They walk among us - truly. This is sick shit.
what are they accusing the hospital of doing and is that a bruise on his forehead ?

Tui

VIP Member
Maybe some one with a medical background can explain this to me.
In my mind it's only a matter of time before Archie gets sepesis due to the necrosis of the brain tissue.. Would that be the case?
Possibly, I suppose his blood/brain barrier will deteriorate. He’s more likely to get a pneumonia from the ventilator I would have thought though.

Tui

VIP Member
The similarities with parental behaviour/blame between AB’s situation and Jahi McMath are interesting.

It has been said that Jahi (who had fairly complex surgery for palate and tonsils) was given solid food by family against medical directions whilst in recovery. It’s also alleged that family were encouraging her to vocalise, laugh and talk when HCPs had stressed voice rest.
Apparently Jahi choked on the food and was suctioned by a family member thus removing wound site clots and resulting in the haemorrhage that led to her brain damage.

It’s suggested that the guilt the family felt led to them wanting to prolong her ‘life’ and from what I’ve heard about AB’s potential suicide attempt it seems like Lisa is following this pattern.

There was also a lot of shite dug up on Jahi’s mum’s social media about how she physically assaulted her kids and questions about general (lack of) parenting. Plus attention seeking stuff like Lisa/Hollie
Oh wow I didn’t know all of that about jahi mc math!

• Sad
  • Wow

ohannie

VIP Member
Some very strange people in that Facebook group... odd to see he has a circle mark on his head today, explained as "cupping" (the alternative nonsense medicine) - presumably an attempt to "wake him up". It's easy to understand how a parent would feel in that situation, but it's very sad to see how this is being dragged out.

• Sad

SonicTheSpikeyThing

Chatty Member
that’s horrific! Hope your son is ok
Thankfully my son didnt see it because I restrict his apps and stuff. The other children were really upset about it.

What is de aliving? I’ve seen this several times now on social media. I understand commit suicide is not considerd appropriate bu surely it’s still factual to say someone has killed themselves or ended their life or died?
Yeah sorry should’ve been quotation marks there. It’s what they call it all over TikTok as “suicide” is often flagged or removed quicker.

When are they back in court? Is it Monday?