The Archie Battersbee case

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I disagree that people hero worship NHS staff (as an NHS staff who has experienced quite the opposite) and I do agree that medical professionals do make mistakes, as do engineers and postmen and drivers, etc. I however have never personally experienced cover ups and find, from seeing colleagues go through trials, that my regulatory body, the NMC, are quite harsh and strict (as they should be) when it comes to disciplinary action, unlike some others. But that’s just my experience.

Also regarding staff not coping and “being in the wrong job”, I feel a little personally insulted by this but hey, whatever. I deal with some really sad tit almost every shift, as it’s just the nature of the place I work. Sometimes I can deal with and empathise the situations well and then one day it all just gets a little much and I become a bit invested, or a patient / family dynamic / mechanism of injury reminds me of my own life and things just get to me. I might cry when a family member hugs me, I might sit out of one of the family chats and let a colleague do it whilst I compose myself, I might need a hug in the linen cupboard, but it doesn’t affect the care I give to that family and actually I think it enhances it - it means I am human and that I care. I have had many families say to me “we saw you wipe your tears when we said our goodbyes, thank you so much for caring for Mum like she was your own” etc etc. Being able to care for a patient and see them as a person aids your decision making and ensures you are seeing them for who they are, not just a job to do. It’s not just go in, put the drugs up, do what needs doing and go home. It’s are these drugs and interventions relevant, does this brain dead child need these? Are they helping him or are we torturing his body and his family?

I’ve lost my point. But basically it’s okay to care. It’s not “not coping”. And I hope those nurses, as all healthcare professionals should, have access to TRIM practitioners.
100% spot on I’m the same as you especially more so in the last 2/3yrs I can’t tell you how many times it has broken me but still give a 100% in my care to my patients. X

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Oh god they’re going to try and feed him aren’t they 😬
Didn't they do this to Jahi McMath? Try and feed her?

Who knew the Avon Army would have a cure for every ailment and disorder going, even death!

'Get the choccy woccy lipbalm out hunniez, will bring Great Nana Jean right out from her grave, she will be 💫 glowin' 💫'

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Well, here we go. I'm far too invested in this, I'm jittery. Off to work I go, hoping for the outcome that puts Archie first. Hope that woman is given some basic truths that actually sink in. Time to stop using her dead son like a posable action man

• Sad
Reactions: 18
I’m interested to see if she’s going to be allowed to appeal the decision and drag it on for longer

Also how she’s going to spin it to her army. Guessing it will be “the Guardian doesn’t have Archie’s best interest in mind, just the hospitals and they’re trying to hide their mistakes!!!”

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I’m interested to see if she’s going to be allowed to appeal the decision and drag it on for longer

Also how she’s going to spin it to her army. Guessing it will be “the Guardian doesn’t have Archie’s best interest in mind, just the hospitals and they’re trying to hide their mistakes!!!”
The barmy Army have already had a go at the Guardian. For having the audacity to go on holiday and not cancel it. Also for “never being there but Archie’s mom always is” Except when she’s on tv or doing magazine and newspaper interviews. And of course she should be there, she’s his mother. The Guardian is not.

Is the court public today?

Reactions: 11
The barmy Army have already had a go at the Guardian. For having the audacity to go on holiday and not cancel it. Also for “never being there but Archie’s mom always is” Except when she’s on tv or doing magazine and newspaper interviews. And of course she should be there, she’s his mother. The Guardian is not.

Is the court public today?
No it’s a closed court

Reactions: 4
I can't find anything listed on the court lists for today? It must be behind closed doors.........

Reactions: 4
I can't find anything listed on the court lists for today? It must be behind closed doors.........
If it’s in the family court none of the parties’ names are published, just the times and the judge hearing it

Reactions: 5
I hope Archie gets the justice he deserves today to pass peacefully with whatever dignity he has left :cry:

Reactions: 10
They want more time according to the headlines I’ve been reading but they will never be satisfied.

Reactions: 5
I found this. Hopefully this means he can pass peacefully.
I genuinely think they're just lying to the court at this point tbh as this seems to have been their line of argument there for a while now - he won't wake up but the death should be 'natural', I assume by cardiac arrest? Of course, then we see on the wall that they want him to be resuscitated

If their line of argument has changed - great. They would probably then agree with the hospital and Guardian

Reactions: 6
Hollie never ever tells the army that he won’t wake up. It’s all talk oh how he drools over chocolate cake and how much weight he’s gaining.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.