The Archie Battersbee case #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the mother is a master of spin and manipulation. The staff will have explained to her what's going on. She's winding her followers up.

Reactions: 20
Can someone who’s connected to DFA tell them to post the info clearly? It’s literally impossible to stay up to date on what’s happening because the majority of information is being posted elsewhere. No one cares for their petty quotes and implications

I almost feel bad for Hollie. At the end of the day she’s still a mother who’s spending a ton of time in a hospital room looking at the same machines and now she’s convinced herself that he’s starting to breathe and that the hospital staff are probably lying to her, as I’m sure it’s been mentioned to them and they’ve explained that nothing has changed

Her media and social media circus are sort of whatever in that scheme of things imo. I think she’s a lot more “grey” than people think she is, it’s just hard to comprehend how someone could be so stuck on this one thing

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I‘ve said it before but I have found the mothers actions/behaviour very manipulative.
This new claim that he is trying to breathe doesn’t surprise me at all. Remember a few days ago in court we all heard that the family accept Archies condition and some of the army were questioning it and now she posts this.

Reactions: 19
Was going to say exactly this. Empty the water from the tubing and tada, no “spontaneous” breathing any more. Comments were all “wow did you tell the nurse” “did the dr come” “can you extubate him now!!”. I hate it when relatives know (think they know) the vent and the monitors. 🫢 Imagine having to stand at the end of that bed and just nod along like yep, this creepy sounding breathing exercise might be doing it, keep trying!
Exactly and even if he was attempting to breathe on hid own....that doesn't indicate quality of life?? Taking a few breathes? Patients can apparently (and I say that cus that's what I heard I'm not medical expert) breathe unaided for a few weeks after ventilation is turned off. He would be led in a vegative state being kept alive by a machine....so basically dead but not. Why do that to him? Obviously we're not in her situation but why an earth would you not trust what a doctor says?? They cant save absolutely everyone they r medics not wizards!

Reactions: 8
Can someone who’s connected to DFA tell them to post the info clearly? It’s literally impossible to stay up to date on what’s happening because the majority of information is being posted elsewhere. No one cares for their petty quotes and implications

I almost feel bad for Hollie. At the end of the day she’s still a mother who’s spending a ton of time in a hospital room looking at the same machines and now she’s convinced herself that he’s starting to breathe and that the hospital staff are probably lying to her, as I’m sure it’s been mentioned to them and they’ve explained that nothing has changed

Her media and social media circus are sort of whatever in that scheme of things imo. I think she’s a lot more “grey” than people think she is, it’s just hard to comprehend how someone could be so stuck on this one thing
I think it’s absolutely possible to feel terribly sympathetic to the situation they are in but also think some of the things they are doing are inappropriate.

And also to think that the various unrelated hangers on Army should pack the tea lights, balloons, honey, Jif lemon and ICU Care For Dummies books back in the CaringMobile and take themselves off elsewhere.

Also I sort of skim read some of the conversation about why grief tourists basically exist. I think it’s just a form of entertainment or to feel like they’re part of a community

How many of the people on that Facebook group are going to be unemployed/part time and just need something to fill their time?

Reactions: 16
Honesty if she’s so damn convinced his taking breaths, she should agree with court pulling away the machines keeping him alive, and see what happens then.

She’s disgusting, and I full believe she might end up on a involuntary mental health hold if she keeps going.

She’s literally trying to live a double life, one in court, where she accepts he won’t recover, is one online, where she says he’s getting better.

Something needs to be done, I really wish the court could order her to stay off social media.

Reactions: 22
Was going to say exactly this. Empty the water from the tubing and tada, no “spontaneous” breathing any more. Comments were all “wow did you tell the nurse” “did the dr come” “can you extubate him now!!”. I hate it when relatives know (think they know) the vent and the monitors. 🫢 Imagine having to stand at the end of that bed and just nod along like yep, this creepy sounding breathing exercise might be doing it, keep trying!
People are staring to question whether she was moving him/the tubing, pushing on his chest, to try and trick the vent. I wouldn’t be surprised at this point. :(

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
So DFA shared a video where Hollie was asking the low IQ brigade for their opinion on a fluctuation in the respiratory rate on the ventilator. One of them replied that she wasn’t a nurse or doctor, but there was no other logical explanation and that Archie must have taken a spontaneous breath.
No other logical explanation except artefacts and auto triggering of the ventilator… These people are deluded, even giving their opinions on matters that they have no qualifications to have opinions on.
On what planet does it make sense for anyone to be asking Facebook 'medics' their opinion...words fail me.

BIB - I watch programmes like 24 Hours in A&E, I expect I will be practising medicine any day now. 🙄
If it wasn't so bloody tragic and a young child wasn't dead, it would be laughable ☹

Some beautiful images being created by the Army this weekend :love:
That woman seems to be going berserk on her photolab app, putting loads of photos of someone else's child with whatever random filter. And then connecting it to Archie's ordeal in the most marginal way. Bizarre.

Reactions: 9
Hollie is still maintaining doctors are lying. This was a thread in response to a newspaper article which claims the Judge made mistakes in this case.
I really think she should be told to keep her fat mouth shut.
How can she say the court transcripts are lies 🤯

And she's saying he isn't on all these meds because she is there all day...seriously?

Reactions: 9
Hollie is still maintaining doctors are lying. This was a thread in response to a newspaper article which claims the Judge made mistakes in this case.
They’re trying to stop their army from watching and believing what goes on in court so they can carry on manipulating them.

Reactions: 17
Well she’s not there 24/7 is she because firstly it’s impossible to run on zero sleep and secondly we have seen her in court for hours at a time and on tv interviews, so we are meant to not believe our own eyes.

as for telling fans to ignore all court hearings and media and only listen to what they say is basically just creating an echo chamber of what they want to hear

Nobody is stupid enough to lie about what treatment her son is receiving. Does she honestly think any medical staff would put their careers on the line over this?

She's trolling everyone.

Id love to see the evidence of the doctors lying!! But i have a feeling pigs will walk on Mars before she produces any legitimate evidence.

Reactions: 17
I can guarantee that everything the doctors are doing will be totally above board, ran by the consultant, witnessed and documented to the nth degree. Nobody is going to get themselves into trouble over this thick chav.

Reactions: 18
Also I sort of skim read some of the conversation about why grief tourists basically exist. I think it’s just a form of entertainment or to feel like they’re part of a community

How many of the people on that Facebook group are going to be unemployed/part time and just need something to fill their time?
I did a media studies module about social media, hashtags and how people ‘participate’ in their favourite shows when they tweet along while watching an episode, or when forum groups are made. This is exactly the same thing. It’s a soap opera to ‘participate’ in. The doctors are the baddies, Hollie is the goodie, etc.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.