The Archie Battersbee case #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
from what she’s “hearing back” from who??

If she actually believes he is trying to breathe, this all needs to come to an end very soon. I don’t know what the appeal processes include, but it’s quite clear she is becoming delusional and this isn't healthy in any way. She’s been told of his condition, with the necrosis etc which is even in his lungs - and she’s still saying things like this? Needs to stop, now

• Sad
Reactions: 22
Its clear a lot of the DFA are now here, no discussion just who can be the most spiteful neither side who is out only to row is covered in glory, but at least its understandable why the family ( not the army) are fighting back, why anyone would feel the need to beat up on a family who's child is dead just because they don't accept it, is beyond my understanding.

Lets hope the court ends this soon then everyone can go back to their soaps

• Heart
Reactions: 13
DFA did it with the last case too. I get they don't like the actions of the mother, neither do I, but I don't get the taunting and asinine behaviour. They all seem to want to 'win'. Although there really are no prizes.

I have no compunction about coming on here and saying what I think, this isn't Hollie's backyard so to speak, but I have no intention of butting heads with her.

I'm not keen on the level of excitement triggered on both sides when one of them 'wins' an asinine victory against the other side.

DFA seem to think they own the opposing side. They don't. I still think Hollie is a grade A weapon but I'm not going to slide in to her DM s to tell her so. I know for a fact that behind the scenes DFA will be in everyone's in boxes, they'll have privates behind the scenes to egg followers on, spies and all sorts of things that pass as excitement for them. They'll be winding it up and sending followers off to wind it up further.

I have no idea why or for what reasons they do this. They have opposition too, and they all wind each other up... It's actually completely crazy... And not about medical ethics at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Jesus Christ this is sick.

I think she knows the appeal tomorrow will be no.

She’s trying to convince the army that the court are going to murder Archie.

Reactions: 19
For any mother or father, this is obviously heartbreaking...but....this is yet the third story of a mother challenging doctors and nurses with years of medical background about the medication they are giving etc...and apparently wanting them dead. Its absolutely disgusting. All the mother is doing is bringing out the mob mentality. These consist of extremely uneducated people who say tit like 'omg they want him dead they are going to execute him' 'why aren't they giving him oxygen...he needs it!" Like how the hell do they think they know how to treat a brain dead child?? Its absolutely beyond me!! Why would a doc rock up to work and think ahhh duck it let's kill that boy can't be assed with him! Give your head a wobble!! My sister is a nurse on a pediatric ward and ive known yer come home in floods of tears because they couldn't save a child. They put on a brave face because they have to, but inside It kills them. To slag off these people who work tirelessly to save our children day in day out is vile. Same with the Charlie guard and Alfie story. She obviously can't accept that he has gone and why would she it's her child and my heart breaks for her...but why can't people accept that brains do not heal! Because you don't want to let go it doesn't mean that nurses should be blamed. Of my child was dieing no way would I have the mental energy to argue with people on fb and go on tele. Spend what time you have left with your son and to anyone else who feels they are a medical expert please go and get yourself a life and let the professionals do their job in peace!

• Heart
Reactions: 36
That is possibly one of the most tasteless things I've ever seen. It's up there with Alfie Evans' bouncy castle 😬

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
That is possibly one of the most tasteless things I've ever seen. It's up there with Alfie Evans' bouncy castle 😬
You’ve got to give the kiddies a good day out … and it keeps them entertained while you get down to the serious business of barracking the medical staff.
if you’re really lucky, you can get a few selfies for the album and a tea light as a souvenir.

• Sick
Reactions: 9
Its clear a lot of the DFA are now here, no discussion just who can be the most spiteful neither side who is out only to row is covered in glory, but at least its understandable why the family ( not the army) are fighting back, why anyone would feel the need to beat up on a family who's child is dead just because they don't accept it, is beyond my understanding.

Lets hope the court ends this soon then everyone can go back to their soaps
I don’t agree, the mother is creating a lot of this circus. She’s doing the rounds on tv, she’s banging on online about how the doctors are lying and trying to kill her son. Most parents whilst it would be the most devastating thing ever would trust and listen to and take guidance from medical professionals because funnily enough it’s not easy on them to have kids die either but it’s their job to do no harm, but not this lady why does she seem to think she is above medical professionals when she has 0 medical knowledge?

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I don’t agree, the mother is creating a lot of this circus. She’s doing the rounds on tv, she’s banging on online about how the doctors are lying and trying to kill her son. Most parents whilst it would be the most devastating thing ever would trust and listen to and take guidance from medical professionals because funnily enough it’s not easy on them to have kids die either but it’s their job to do no harm, but not this lady why does she seem to think she is above medical professionals when she has 0 medical knowledge?
Exactly.
She is purposely being obtuse when the army are asking if the doctors have actually confirmed he is breathing unaided.

Reactions: 18
You’ve got to give the kiddies a good day out … and it keeps them entertained while you get down to the serious business of barracking the medical staff.
if you’re really lucky, you can get a few selfies for the album and a tea light as a souvenir.
Someone was selling skull candles for Alfie Evans. Totally gave me the ick.

I do need some tatt to enhance my court case children shrine. It's lacking. I do hope someone does Christmas baubles soon because my (non existant) kids will cry if the don't have one to go with the Charlie and Alfie ones, it has to be Archie on a vent though, to match the others. 😜

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
It would be nothing short of a miracle if Archie was trying to breathe for himself, but I don’t see how is physiologically possible when the brain hasn’t had any blood supply for weeks. It’s all very convenient timing with the appeal decision being given on Monday. Also saying the nurses have noted it. Sorry, but if my patient, who had been declared brain dead, started triggering the ventilator I would be straight on the phone to the doctors

Reactions: 15
From the video she posted it definitely looked like auto triggering, most likely due to condensate in the tubing. There was absolutely no spontaneous effort seen on the waveform. This is so sad.
Was going to say exactly this. Empty the water from the tubing and tada, no “spontaneous” breathing any more. Comments were all “wow did you tell the nurse” “did the dr come” “can you extubate him now!!”. I hate it when relatives know (think they know) the vent and the monitors. 🫢 Imagine having to stand at the end of that bed and just nod along like yep, this creepy sounding breathing exercise might be doing it, keep trying!

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.