The Archers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I always think Shula looks like Fern Britton. I think it must be her voice (obviously I suppose 😂).
Lillian looks nothing like the actress in my mind, though I couldn't tell you who she does look like.

Reactions: 3
I enjoyed the omnibus earlier and for the amusing comments already mentioned above.

I love fiction novels as I can picture how I think a character looks in my minds eye, the same with radio plays, especially The Archers. Looking at the website, I was surprised how different the actors look to what I imagined:

The two who immediately came to my notice were Alan Franks - the actor looks too young and hip to play such a boring character. And, Susan Carter - this actor looks far more fun than than her actual gossipy character.
Yes, I much prefer to listen to the omnibus edition, I'm unable to tune in on most weekdays but getting the whole week's worth in one go on a Sunday is great.

Reactions: 1
I hate when I accidentally see a photo of one of the actors online! They don’t exist outside of my imagination as far as I’m concerned 😂

Reactions: 5
I hate when I accidentally see a photo of one of the actors online! They don’t exist outside of my imagination as far as I’m concerned 😂
The Beeb used to have a "flip" option almost like an advent calendar to reveal the photos of the actors if you wanted to see, I don't want to see.

In my head:
Lillian looks like Blanche from the golden girls.
Jolene and clarrie - Lisa Dingle from Emmerdale (from what I remember of her 20 years ago!)
Natasha - Amy from SCD
Leonard - Miss Marple in trousers

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Jazzers behind with his rent payments
Harrison is having another crisis of confidence as to whether or not he has been baptised "I probably shouldn't have played Jesus" 😁

😫😩 the non accident, Leonard's Bonsai, jealous Jill, and Alistair to the rescue to remind us that the Archers is a farming drama.

• Haha
Isn't Jill sounding frail now. I know the actress is 91 and doing amazingly well - but she sounds so old compared to Leonard.

Isn't Jill sounding frail now. I know the actress is 91 and doing amazingly well - but she sounds so old compared to Leonard.
I don't know her voice has irritated me for many years so I can't put it down to frailty 😛

• Haha
Well that was a pretty dull Sunday omnibus edition, a cow with displaced hips being the highlight.

Well that was a pretty dull Sunday omnibus edition, a cow with displaced hips being the highlight.
I know. All centred around Ambridge's dullest smuggest family.
I was sure Ruth had concussion due to feeling constantly tired. But alas no.
I like Leonard.

Are the storylines just completely off? Random.
The Bull puts on dragons' den style competition.
Chris gets shingles to test the strength of Alice's vodka
Ian and Susan are bff.

• Haha
Are the storylines just completely off? Random.
The Bull puts on dragons' den style competition.
Chris gets shingles to test the strength of Alice's vodka
Ian and Susan are bff.
I wonder if Helen will huff now Ian has a new bestie. Especially as Susan is an employee 😂

Good lord this is boring, unless Martha having Chickenpox pushes Alice back onto the TommyTippee bottle teat. :oops:

I used to love The Archers, but I had to switch off when those terrible monologue episodes started during lockdown and then I never got back into it because I got out of the habit of listening.

Is it fully back to normal these days? I've missed well over a year apart from when I've listened to the odd episode (e.g. I know Alice went off to rehab for her alcoholism). I think it'd be fairly easy to get back into though!

I used to love The Archers, but I had to switch off when those terrible monologue episodes started during lockdown and then I never got back into it because I got out of the habit of listening.

Is it fully back to normal these days? I've missed well over a year apart from when I've listened to the odd episode (e.g. I know Alice went off to rehab for her alcoholism). I think it'd be fairly easy to get back into though!
Yes entirely back to normal. Though I do think less people appear regularly - possibly still covid restrictions/shielding. But it isn't that noticeable tbh.
Alice's alcoholism, marriage break up and fall out with Ruari are big stories you may have missed. Also Jazzer is now with Tracey Horrobin! Tom and Natasha are expecting twins, and Burt died.

I feel the show has been going nowhere for many weeks, surely the producers must realise that characters like the brilliantly wicked Hazel, Jazzer, Moss & Blake, Chelsea etc are more entertaining?
Used to really look forward to the Sunday omnibus but it's really just became background noise now.

Yes entirely back to normal. Though I do think less people appear regularly - possibly still covid restrictions/shielding. But it isn't that noticeable tbh.
Alice's alcoholism, marriage break up and fall out with Ruari are big stories you may have missed. Also Jazzer is now with Tracey Horrobin! Tom and Natasha are expecting twins, and Burt died.
Thanks for the summary! I'm surprised Natasha stayed, when they first brought her in she seemed like she was going to be a flash in the pan and unsuited to Tom.

Not too sad about Burt... his poetry and long boring lines were tiresome and not funny. Is that mean? :D

• Haha
It’s all so bizarre. The Harrison stuff in particular is odd… I wouldn’t want my local policeman to not even have the detective skills to think of asking his parents who attended his christening! I also think it’s a pretty lazy stereotype to suddenly have the only gay couple in the village becoming catty gossips.

Aw Kirsty and Tom with their baby. Actually made me cry.

Has Amy got her eye on Chris? There is something a bit funny about her anyway.

ETA just heard the end. I reckon Amy is going to be creepy and manipulative with Chris and Alice.

Last edited: