The Archers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I missed it last week, and annoyingly my OH insisted on chatting at the beginning of the omnibus - but why was Usha at the Vicarage and didn't want anyone to know? It all seemed quite silly from what I could make out. She wanted to be left alone or something - but is she that in demand by other people anyway?

Reactions: 1
I missed it last week, and annoyingly my OH insisted on chatting at the beginning of the omnibus - but why was Usha at the Vicarage and didn't want anyone to know? It all seemed quite silly from what I could make out. She wanted to be left alone or something - but is she that in demand by other people anyway?
Because she's an arse with a squeaky voice.
Usha was exhausted from her intense job and wanted to avoid the parishioners over Christmas and enjoyed it being her silly secret.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Jesus and St John the Baptist headed back to the village Amb, where breakfast was available for those who wished it... at The Bull
:unsure:

• Haha
Relieved Alice didn't succumb to the alcohol, don't think I could handle more months of rehabilitation and her regret.

So that was Mike's secret 😴
Forgot about the baby news, that's how invested I am in Tom and Natasha, give more more nasty Hazel!

Reactions: 2
Relieved Alice didn't succumb to the alcohol, don't think I could handle more months of rehabilitation and her regret.

Forgot about the baby news, that's how invested I am in Tom and Natasha, give more more nasty Hazel!
Yes absolutely, more Hazel, Trevor & his trains & the Jazzer, Blake & Chelsea triangle please.

Big Archers fan - guilty pleasure! Really feel for Chris could have cried for him when Alice rejected him at the lights at lower loxley he had been getting mixed messages. Really dislike Alice she’s an entitled foul little creature!
Wondering when Hazel will be back with her vindictive poison I can’t cope with her voice makes me edgy!

Yes absolutely, more Hazel, Trevor & his trains & the Jazzer, Blake & Chelsea triangle please.
Noooo not Trevor!!! I visualise Stephen Merchant playing Trevor 😄.
As for Natasha I think of Amy from SCD, not just the Welsh accent but I think of high maintenance Natasha and Amy's eyelashes!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Some of the most under-used characters are the best, just my opinion.
Jazzer, Blake, Harrison etc

I'm always a week behind as I try to listen to the Sunday omnibus. How rubbish were Alice & Amy in the playground? I think I could have succumbed after listening to that boring episode.

Where has Natasha been? Always being mentioned yet hasn't said a word, for a change.

I've heard his name but don't know who he is. I was getting confused with Tony and his trains. Are they both anoraks?

I couldn't care less about Tom and Natasha. Both bore me to death. I wish they would both move to Wales and leave the rest of the family in peace.

Last edited:
I've heard his name but don't know who he is. I was getting confused with Tony and his trains. Are they both anoraks?
Trevor is Bert Fry's (RIP) son. He came and stayed for a week in Bert's bungalow with Rex when B died. Yes he was a crashing bore, but quite entertaining too.
I wonder if Mike will stay in Ambridge - seems to be heading that way but who knows.

• Heart
Trevor is Bert Fry's (RIP) son. He came and stayed for a week in Bert's bungalow with Rex when B died. Yes he was a crashing bore, but quite entertaining too.
I wonder if Mike will stay in Ambridge - seems to be heading that way but who knows.
Yes, that was it, when old Bert died, Trevor appeared.
Thanks

Enjoyed hazel hearing tony and Peggy bitching about her she’s a nasty piece of work hope she comes to some terrible end falling down those stairs with all her shopping

• Haha
Reactions: 5
A voucher for a virtual cheese-tasting session as a gift.
😁
Please don't leave Hazel

I wonder who she has rented the flat out to?

Last edited:
I was wondering about likely candidates - Stella? Rex? Can't think of any else.
Hopefully there's something brewing, not a lot been happening really since Moss and Blake and the modern slavery story.
Hazel will hopefully start something, or else it's all about Tom's twins and the pitfalls of the yoghurt industry 😁

I enjoyed the omnibus earlier and for the amusing comments already mentioned above.

I love fiction novels as I can picture how I think a character looks in my minds eye, the same with radio plays, especially The Archers. Looking at the website, I was surprised how different the actors look to what I imagined:

The two who immediately came to my notice were Alan Franks - the actor looks too young and hip to play such a boring character. And, Susan Carter - this actor looks far more fun than than her actual gossipy character.

Reactions: 1