The Archers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And there's the Hazel we know and I don't feel sorry for Tom and Natasha!

Reactions: 1
And there's the Hazel we know and I don't feel sorry for Tom and Natasha!
I am in a FB Archers group 😂 and someone there said legally Tom and Natasha are in a strong position, to get more time before they have to leave. I can't remember the exact details but they definitely need to get the elusive Usha on side.

MIA Missing in action Usha, she's got too many legal cases on to even talk to her husband 😂

Reactions: 2
Hazel :oops:
Absolutely wicked

It's been the Hazel show this week, quite funny though when Grundy asked her if she wanted to slaughter & pluck her own turkey 😁

Last edited:
  • Haha
Maybe just me but I thought the programme was poor this week, pretty boring.
Surely there is something big brewing as we approach Jesus' Birthday? :unsure:

I've been dipping in and out of the daily programmes for a while and still haven't really caught up with Sunday omnibus', so have missed quite a lot. Yet, I haven't been interested enough to properly catch up as what I have heard has bored me. So, Tom and Thingy are having a baby; Mia is trying to set up Will and Stella; Lynda wants Harrison to wear a loin cloth 😑

Thanks for the updates here that I may have missed. Hopefully I'm allowed to comment without actually listening to every single programme beforehand...

Reactions: 4
I just dip in too. Tom and Natasha are having a baby, and moving back in with Pat and Tony as evil Hazel has turfed them out of their flat.
Apparently Usha (who??? 😂) has been in it recently, but I haven't listened to that yet.
Nothing has been terribly interesting recently really. I see the Mystery Plays will be on the radio over Christmas. I did like The Canterbury Tales when they had it as a separate programme.

Reactions: 3
I remember Usha being a lawyer (?) and is married to Alan the Vicar. As a fairly new convert to The Archers, there are many characters I am not aware of, including Hazel. At least I can show my ignorance here without being ignored or even ridiculed for not knowing the whole family tree.

In the recent years I have been a listener, I remember some sort of play over the Christmas period. Last year, were the Canterbury Tales recited/performed individually because of Covid?

What a odd story with the normally unheard of Usha. At least the 2 cultures Bollywood and Disney were mixed in 😆

• Haha
Is no one else sick to the back teeth of the bloody mystery plays?
Like people would give up a lazy sobbing around eating chocolate in your pyjamas Boxing Day to take part in it!
Long past time someone told Lynda Snell MBE to do one.

• Haha
Is no one else sick to the back teeth of the bloody mystery plays?
Like people would give up a lazy sobbing around eating chocolate in your pyjamas Boxing Day to take part in it!
Long past time someone told Lynda Snell MBE to do one.
I heard earlier today on R4 that there will be 2 (?) separate 'specials' of the Mysteries over festive period 😒

Yes, these Christmas plays have become very boring and as you rightly said, especially on Boxing Day. Possibly they would have more credence if performed the week leading up to Christmas.

@Jelly Bean and @Sea I totally missed your point before about Usha turning up when she is hardly ever featured 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Can’t say I blame you, I was hoping covid would put a stop to any play/pantomime/production whatever they want to call it.
I’m fed up to the back teeth of this mystery plays 💩
It really was dire.
They need to come up with a decent storyline soon, people must be switching off in droves.

So mild mannered Ruari has turned. I'm torn. I feel a bit sorry for Alice but she was foul to him.

Reactions: 5
Ruari - I was pleased he told Alice he couldn't forgive her and the pretence was for the sake of Jennifer, but he went too far with his malice.

Mike - another MIA character brought back (after Usha). Why doesn't he want to return to Birmingham..

Ruari - I was pleased he told Alice he couldn't forgive her and the pretence was for the sake of Jennifer, but he went too far with his malice.

Mike - another MIA character brought back (after Usha). Why doesn't he want to return to Birmingham..
Ruairi definitely went too far.
Is he forgetting about Martha?
Because she’s a small child that needs her mother around, the damage done to her in the long term if Alice just upped and went would be quite immense.
Also Jennifer has surely had enough of daughters abandoning their children with Kate and her selfish antics I don’t think she could bear to see Alice go down that path too.