The Anna Edit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I normally don't mind Anna. I think she is actually OK compared to a lot of her peers. But, this post on Instagram Stories today is horrendous. The message that gives out to people, especially young girls who look up to her, is awful. So disappointed in her.

You've got a heady mix there of disordered eating, fatphobia, making light of mental health, and problematic dynamics in relationships. Nice one, Anna!

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
I normally don't mind Anna. I think she is actually OK compared to a lot of her peers. But, this post on Instagram Stories today is horrendous. The message that gives out to people, especially young girls who look up to her, is awful. So disappointed in her.

You've got a heady mix there of disordered eating, fatphobia, making light of mental health, and problematic dynamics in relationships. Nice one, Anna!
It's a tit poem, but I think it's a stretch to accuse it of 'making light of mental health'.

Reactions: 6

What is that ‘poem’?!!!! 😂. Oh my god we’re all embarrassing ourselves with the tat that we make and buy.

Reactions: 4
705545DD-29C0-41B3-A2A2-11FD56D42FE2.jpeg
73BDBE02-CF65-4EBC-80FD-52A6F55B3B2B.jpeg

The top picture has been photo shopped look at her feet in the top picture plus her leg length. Same dress same shoes but in white/cream the difference is huge. The top picture looks weird.

I'm confused by her boots video. Did she pick stuff and they gave her it or did she pay? I maybe wasn't paying attention....

I'm confused by her boots video. Did she pick stuff and they gave her it or did she pay? I maybe wasn't paying attention....
No way she would have paid for it! Come on! I was very disappointed in boots for this! Yes they have a lot of high end products but come on who goes in there for that!!! Come on

Reactions: 2
No way she would have paid for it! Come on! I was very disappointed in boots for this! Yes they have a lot of high end products but come on who goes in there for that!!! Come on
It’s lovely that boots in Covent Garden has this high end beauty bit but realistically in London I’m going to selfridges etc to their beauty halls to get these products. Who is making a special trip to London to go to boots?!
Should have stuck with Rimmel and Maybelline etc that are in more of the stores nationally tbh Anna

Reactions: 1
It’s lovely that boots in Covent Garden has this high end beauty bit but realistically in London I’m going to selfridges etc to their beauty halls to get these products. Who is making a special trip to London to go to boots?!
Should have stuck with Rimmel and Maybelline etc that are in more of the stores nationally tbh Anna
I live outside London and I've always bought high end brands like Chanel and Lancome from Boots. There isn't a Selfridge's near me and I'd rather get loyalty points on my Boots card rather than buy them from John Lewis.

Reactions: 4
I live outside London and I've always bought high end brands like Chanel and Lancome from Boots. There isn't a Selfridge's near me and I'd rather get loyalty points on my Boots card rather than buy them from John Lewis.
Exactly. You live outside London and shop in boots like most of us do.
She’s advertising the Covent Garden store, would you make a special trip to London to go to boots?

Exactly. You live outside London and shop in boots like most of us do.
She’s advertising the Covent Garden store, would you make a special trip to London to go to boots?
No. But although her video showcases the flagship store, it highlights which brands Boots now stock, so customers around the country can now buy these brands from their Boots or Boots online if they are not available at their local branch.

In the process of growing my eyebrows for a threading appointment, so I've been thinking a lot about Anna. [emoji23][emoji23]
Came across this on Buzzfeed and I had tears falling down my face, so I thought I'd share and what better place?! [emoji1787][emoji1787]

I'm probably a bit behind, but surely a dupes video should be a cheaper version of the product, not even more expensive versions?

I mean, I like Anna, but fgs, I havent got Eleventy million pounds for a full face of Glossier makeup dupes.

Reactions: 3
This trend needs to die!!!
The fabric looks to me like it would be noisy and uncomfortable. Some of the thicker polyester stuff makes horrid noises everytime you move! I much prefer cotton or tencil etc. Also it looks like it would crumple around the belly when sitting down. Not a good garment, imo.

I like Bon Appetit videos but I’m not sure I’m on board with Anna’s “copy Bon Appetit” content that we are about to get...

TBF, if you go midweek it’s £400 per night. I don’t think she’s there this weekend as she has stories that she’s baking.
Still pricey though.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.