The Anna Edit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I watched her latest video and saw Lily’s Instagram story. Neither of them have addressed how privileged they are to be able to stop using their Chanel bronzers and foundations and buy 3/4 Fenty ones and other bits of makeup because the shades are more inclusive. They shouldn’t be giving airtime to non inclusive brands but A) we’ve been aware of this issue for years and they still chose to support white only brands and B) not very many of us can choose to just bin our makeup and buy loads of new high end products
THANK YOU! When she mentioned throwing out the Chanel bronzer I literally yelled out “THAT’S NOT HOW YOU ANTI-RACIST”. So privileged to be able to do this PLUS she wants to come off as more sustainable/minimal and throwing stuff out because it’s not iNcLuSiVe, but that is so wasteful. Just use it up, acknowledge it’s only available in one shade and move on.

I’m actually really disappointed she didn’t mention Bon Appetit, but not surprised. I would’ve much preferred her mea culpa regarding her fangirliness of BA rather than “Chanel isn’t inclusive so I can’t use it”. Pretty sure all of her cookbooks are written by white women, even though they’re very “infusion”.

No mention of her partnerships with Topshop or H&M (& Other Stories, Arket, etc.) who both 100% profit off the backs of Black and Brown women. Ganni also got called out because of lack of inclusivity.

THANK YOU! When she mentioned throwing out the Chanel bronzer I literally yelled out “THAT’S NOT HOW YOU ANTI-RACIST”. So privileged to be able to do this PLUS she wants to come off as more sustainable/minimal and throwing stuff out because it’s not iNcLuSiVe, but that is so wasteful. Just use it up, acknowledge it’s only available in one shade and move on.

I’m actually really disappointed she didn’t mention Bon Appetit, but not surprised. I would’ve much preferred her mea culpa regarding her fangirliness of BA rather than “Chanel isn’t inclusive so I can’t use it”. Pretty sure all of her cookbooks are written by white women, even though they’re very “infusion”.

No mention of her partnerships with Topshop or H&M (& Other Stories, Arket, etc.) who both 100% profit off the backs of Black and Brown women. Ganni also got called out because of lack of inclusivity.
Oh, and let’s not kid ourselves that Peloton doesn’t appropriate Black culture and exude “exclusivity” (in terms of price, the space needed to house the bike, the time commitment to make the investment worth it, etc.).

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 10

Oh, and let’s not kid ourselves that Peloton doesn’t appropriate Black culture and exude “exclusivity” (in terms of price, the space needed to house the bike, the time commitment to make the investment worth it, etc.).
I am sorry, but it’s not the brand’s problem that only some people can afford it. I am white and I don’t have the money, the space to put the bike in, etc. There are much cheaper alternatives that are just as good if not better considering the price difference.
I cannot afford Fenty makeup, does it mean that Rihanna exudes exclusivity with her prices? No, I just cannot afford it. There are rich black people and there are rich Asian people, and there are rich white people and they are going to carry on buying Pelotons and Chanel bags, and everyone else is not going to be able to do that. We are in a capitalist world, not in communism.

Reactions: 6
I am sorry, but it’s not the brand’s problem that only some people can afford it. I am white and I don’t have the money, the space to put the bike in, etc. There are much cheaper alternatives that are just as good if not better considering the price difference.
I cannot afford Fenty makeup, does it mean that Rihanna exudes exclusivity with her prices? No, I just cannot afford it. There are rich black people and there are rich Asian people, and there are rich white people and they are going to carry on buying Pelotons and Chanel bags, and everyone else is not going to be able to do that. We are in a capitalist world, not in communism.
I thought the problem with Chanel was the poor shade range. Especially at launch in the U.K. they usually have lots of shades of beige and only one darker shade. They seem better in recent years but obviously can’t compare to Fenty who have built their brand on shade availability.

Reactions: 4
I thought the problem with Chanel was the poor shade range. Especially at launch in the U.K. they usually have lots of shades of beige and only one darker shade. They seem better in recent years but obviously can’t compare to Fenty who have built their brand on shade availability.
I more meant the Peloton. It doesn’t have shade ranges, and it is expensive, so poor people (whether black, white, asian or anyone else) cannot afford it.
it is always going to be the problem of catering to a certain brand audience, especially with makeup. Chanel or Dior eyeshadows are never going to be as pigmented as let’s say Anastasia Beverly Hills - their formulas includes a lot less pigment and a lot more softer components that are better to use on the skin of slightly older women, because Chanel and Dior in theory cater to 40+ audience with money.
ABH on the other hand cater to younger audience that like to try new looks, so their pallets have a lot of pigment and a lot of bright strong colours. People at Chanel know that there are more white and Asian rich women in their forties who like makeup than there are black women. It is sad that this is the way things are at the moment, and hopefully sooner rather than later things will change. But until then there is no point from Chanel‘S point of view to spend the money on developing new shade ranges - their audience is big enough as it is, and they don’t believe that the new shades will be worth developing.
Also whilst Fenty, ABH, Morphe etc know that their younger audience care about how inclusive they are, the majority of Chanel audience are more like older versions of LilyPebbles - very privileged and don’t give a damn about BLM at best, and racist at worst.

Reactions: 4
So Anna just bought this -https://ovate.ca/collections/all/products/poetesse-shirt-black

Do people find her relatable at all? looks like the top that my grandma wearing and can easily be found in charity shop

Reactions: 1
So Anna just bought this -https://ovate.ca/collections/all/products/poetesse-shirt-black

Do people find her relatable at all? looks like the top that my grandma wearing and can easily be found in charity shop
I won’t lie I have a similar shirt in purple but I work in a cooperate environment where you need to look put together all the time, and so having bigger sleeve is a way for me not just to wear the same style all the time.... although mine was from primark for less and £10. she isn’t relatable and hasn’t been for awhile when you look at what she promotes, one thing I’d love to know is what her plans for moving out the flat are, she has been talking about it on and off and I wonder if they waiting till mark has worked for her long enough for it to be a bit more seemless?

Reactions: 2
Oh God, I don’t anticipate that top looking good on her. She already has an enormous black shirt with huge sleeves, doesn’t she? I remember her wearing something similar in a recent-ish video, and the style was awful on her, way too top-heavy.

I really wish Anna would stop trying to be so trendy - she has a stunning figure and used to look fabulous, but it all feels a bit try hard now which is a real shame.

Reactions: 6
My comment was more general in terms too - I’m also white, have considered a Peloton, but don’t have the space. I have a trainer like Mark’s. But that’s really the point - why buy a Peloton if there are cheaper/potentially better quality alternatives if not for the exclusivity factor?

I think the conversation is a lot more nuanced than someone can’t afford X brand. Influencers can splurge because they get so much for free that the rest of us have to pay for (makeup, vacations, skincare, groceries, clothing, electronics, etc.). I work for a luxury clothing company so I definitely understand that it’s not necessarily the brand’s fault that some people can’t afford it (even though it is because their margins are so high but that’s another convo). That’s why luxury small leather goods and shoes have taken off because they’re an entry point to the brand at an “attainable“ price point.

This is definitely a bigger convo about equity and equality and the fact that socio-economic, political, etc. factors prevent many from being able to attain a particular lifestyle that influencers advertise.

The way she styled that puffy sleeve shirt with Tevas and straight leg jeans is just...🤦🏻‍♀️🤢🤣

Reactions: 2
My comment was more general in terms too - I’m also white, have considered a Peloton, but don’t have the space. I have a trainer like Mark’s. But that’s really the point - why buy a Peloton if there are cheaper/potentially better quality alternatives if not for the exclusivity factor?

I think the conversation is a lot more nuanced than someone can’t afford X brand. Influencers can splurge because they get so much for free that the rest of us have to pay for (makeup, vacations, skincare, groceries, clothing, electronics, etc.). I work for a luxury clothing company so I definitely understand that it’s not necessarily the brand’s fault that some people can’t afford it (even though it is because their margins are so high but that’s another convo). That’s why luxury small leather goods and shoes have taken off because they’re an entry point to the brand at an “attainable“ price point.

This is definitely a bigger convo about equity and equality and the fact that socio-economic, political, etc. factors prevent many from being able to attain a particular lifestyle that influencers advertise.

The way she styled that puffy sleeve shirt with Tevas and straight leg jeans is just...🤦🏻‍♀️🤢🤣
Hi, just tapping into this, what did you get in the end?

One of the things with Anna is, she doesn’t dress for her body shape. It’s almost like she doesn’t know how too, or is worried about the attention, why is everything so oversized? She has previously put together some outfits which do this but she rarely does now

Reactions: 5
One of the things with Anna is, she doesn’t dress for her body shape. It’s almost like she doesn’t know how too, or is worried about the attention, why is everything so oversized? She has previously put together some outfits which do this but she rarely does now
She has a great body so I don't know why she's lost her style.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.