The Anna Edit #9 Praise be! Mark has planted his seed!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's probably doing so many ads so she can take a proper maternity leave, its not like they are on 2 seperate incomes and would go down to 1 while she is on maternity, its 1
Her work has been lazy and sub par for a while. She's also loaded so doubt she will be feeling the pinch!

Reactions: 13
They also won’t go down to zero income, as they will still have at least two active income streams: proceeds from affiliate link cookies, even if she doesn’t post any new ones for six weeks after the bebe is born; and AdSense money from her existing catalogue of YouTube videos.

Influencers will never spend a day on zero income, so long as that back catalogue is monetised and people click/swipe-up the affiliate links.

Reactions: 30
Mark can always choose to get a job if they get desperate (which they won't). He chooses to spend all day bird /neighbour watching, taking terrible pictures and lazing about. He has no impediment to work so any concern about their single salary household is entirely misplaced.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Thanks y’all for the retinol research! I’m just pulling a Lily over here...”nobody told me” and I’m incapable of using Google 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Like today right? You go on her Stories and it's like, oh, a morning routine, how nice? I mean, you know it's gonna be the tried and tested stuff but just in case there is actually something new or an old fave worth reminding of, you tune in. 3 Stories in - oh, an Ad Break. And then you realise you have been screwed again. She wouldn't have done any of these Stories if she didn't have the paid for content to push in.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I had a look at the ingredients and can't see a retinol but it has a form of azelaic acid (Potassium Azeloyl Diglycinate) and these three acids: PYRUVIC ACID, MANDELIC ACID, LACTIC ACID. I don't think any of these are particularly strong acids and also the description doesn't mention about any restrictions in using when pregnant/breast feeding so I guess it's safe?
AHAs, like mandelic or lactic acid, and BHAs, like salicylic acid, are generally safe during pregnancy although some women have reported sensitivity increasing during pregnancy so they just skip them!

Retinols aren’t generally unsafe bc like someone else said, it’s fairly low concentrations of Vitamin A, but also OBGYNs and dermatologists recommend staying away from them during pregnancy if you can because we just don’t have concrete evidence or any studies on them, because who really wants to put pregnant women through a study like that? It’s a major ethical dilemma

In my opinion, a phytoretinol, a plant based retinol, is generally a safer bet IF you are concerned about using retinol during pregnancy or breastfeeding! But I’d avoid bakuchiol unless it’s certified, as only one company has the refinement process of bakuchiol approved, as it is extracted and refined from a highly toxic plant! Herbivore, the insanely idiotic “anti preservative” green washing skincare brand is currently in hot water because of this if anyone is interested!

(I just got my chemistry degree and have nothing to do with it so here I am 😂)

• Heart
Reactions: 23
AHAs, like mandelic or lactic acid, and BHAs, like salicylic acid, are generally safe during pregnancy although some women have reported sensitivity increasing during pregnancy so they just skip them!

Retinols aren’t generally unsafe bc like someone else said, it’s fairly low concentrations of Vitamin A, but also OBGYNs and dermatologists recommend staying away from them during pregnancy if you can because we just don’t have concrete evidence or any studies on them, because who really wants to put pregnant women through a study like that? It’s a major ethical dilemma

In my opinion, a phytoretinol, a plant based retinol, is generally a safer bet IF you are concerned about using retinol during pregnancy or breastfeeding! But I’d avoid bakuchiol unless it’s certified, as only one company has the refinement process of bakuchiol approved, as it is extracted and refined from a highly toxic plant! Herbivore, the insanely idiotic “anti preservative” green washing skincare brand is currently in hot water because of this if anyone is interested!

(I just got my chemistry degree and have nothing to do with it so here I am 😂)
Super disappointed in Herbivore. A lot of these more popular/Millennial green beauty brands are greenwashing, but Herbivore did not handle the criticism well at all.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Super disappointed in Herbivore. A lot of these more popular/Millennial green beauty brands are greenwashing, but Herbivore did not handle the criticism well at all.
I’m also generally just super uncomfortable with buying “preservative free” skincare, especially at such a high price! If there’s no preservatives, how can I count on the efficacy lasting or the product to not be harboring bacteria? It actually worries me because there’s no trust in the product lasting as it should

Reactions: 15
Green washing aside, they are so overrated meh. I was so superficial and shallow, I bought it because it looks so cool on my dressing table. Other than that, they are just colourful oils..

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
What the chuffing duck is this "look"?!
Is she just trolling now?
She could, at last, have steamed the shirt.

Mabey she is transitioning her style into Walmart-luxe? I have heard rumors that people there often have interesting fashion statements if they wear clothes at all...

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I'm absolutely baffled as to why she hasn't corrected saying karma had been good to them re conception.

I'm 100% sure she forgot the concept of karma/used the wrong expression, or used it in the wrong way, but surely someone has pointed this out to her and is worth a correction?

Karma is quite literally the concept of doing good deeds, and therefore being more likely to receive good deeds/luck back in return, whether directly (e.g. being nice to strangers would make it more likely that another stranger will be nice to you, as you are personally contributing to the quality of stranger interaction) or indirectly (you help an old lady cross the road, and then 5 minutes later you find a fiver on the floor).
There is no other way her sentence could be interpreted other than "our luck here is related to all the good deeds we've done". The expression she was looking for was "luck has been on our side", "the universe/gods have been kind to us". We all use expressions wrong all the time, but should correct ourselves if we are accidentally harmful.

ALSO, people usually talk about karma when specifically mentioning the good deed they did, not the consequence alone, which is even more odd. Usually it's "I did X good thing, hopefully that will bring me good karma" or "I found a fiver on the floor the other day, may have been good karma from helping that old lady cross the road". Not "this good thing happened to us, must be all that good karma we've been storing up from being such great human beings!" as claiming you deserve good karma without a particular example is a bit boastful imo.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
I am a bit flabbergasted that she made a video about style and clothing when her outfits are so bad??? I mean maybe one of those outfits actually looked decent enough to nip to the shop for milk, nothing special, just normal and all of the rest looked really bad and try hard.
If she is feeling a little bit out of sorts with dressing at the minute and more comfortable in leggings and a baggy jumper then fine, great, just don't make a video about style choices when they are terrible. She is also trying to cross the gap of it not being a maternity haul and everyone could wear this but she says a couple of times she would never of bought some items if she wasn't pregnant. I don't think any of this will appeal to pregnant people or non pregnant people, regardless of lack of style.

Her "style" is whatever, it's just my opinion but out of the whole video, the thing that i couldn't believe is that with two full time, so called professional people earning a lot of money for this drivvle, they still managed a edit botch right at the end of the video. What was that?? Check your work guys as it's slipped right off. Embarrassing. 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 41
"Hey everyone, welcome back today we are doing a style video." She says in a tshirt that is too big for her, has a massive dimple above her chest from where it looks like it was hanging incorrectly and has creases all down the back of the arms.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
LMAO this girl’s head has become bigger and bigger. She really think she is some high fashion model now, what’s with the head tilting back situation. She is trolling for sure. That whole video is just for Ad-AL
Turned off after 3 seconds

Reactions: 29
"Hey everyone, welcome back today we are doing a style video." She says in a tshirt that is too big for her, has a massive dimple above her chest from where it looks like it was hanging incorrectly and has creases all down the back of the arms.
I don’t think I’ve ever seen her look as bad as she does in that baggy tea towel T-shirt.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I was about to check the video but then saw this "tease" on her stories and think I need to prepare myself...the second outfit is hideous
Screenshot_20210516-123059_Instagram.jpg

• Sick
Reactions: 20
The black dress will go better with a cardigan. Money cant buy style

Reactions: 21
I know summer is supposed to be hot and she's pregnant and all, but she might as well wear a burlap sack honestly.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.