The Anna Edit #8 The Ofmark Edit: Blessed be the crotch shot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Running out of people to watch as they're all getting pregnant. Really not interested in anything to do with babies or children. Happy for them, if it was truly what Anna wanted, too.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76
You guys were right! 😂 Ah, I’m happy for them, blessed be!

I don’t think Mark is controlling, just a dork and a bit annoying on camera.

Reactions: 19
The heating thing (part 1 I think) happened when Mark was still working elsewhere and Anna was working from home, telling everybody how cold she was because Mark would leave the house and forbid her to turn on the heating in order to save money. Back at GG we talked more about how dumb this was and then one day, as everyone predicted, they did have a burst pipe, because you should not turn off your heating completely, especially not in winter. Then there was the thing with their wedding guests, because they had a super cheap wedding in oder to save money and Anna couldnt invite some people she was very close to. Not sure though if this was Mark's doing or not.
I'm never sure if he's really controlling or if she's just a very dependent "I need a man to tell me what I can or can't do" type (which makes Ofmark such a perfect name tbh!). I thought it was weird that, according to Anna, he was also against her having a wardrobe room in their house.

The thing I find cringey about them is the way Anna talks about him. It's not even that she shows him more or whatever, it's the new gushing and presenting him as the Best Man Ever to her followers all of a sudden. When he's just....not.
I really doubt Anna would have wanted a big wedding and had wanted to invite more people. In fact, I think she may have been the one not wanting all of that. I think her sister had a big wedding that was called off or something went wrong and that’s definitely not been an experience she wanted for herself.

I’ve said this here before, but the wardrobe thing, I always took more as a joke, not literally that Mark doesn’t allow it if she really wanted it, but more as a joke around the actual purpose they had decided on for a certain room she’s now using for her clothes, in a you-know-what-men-are-like-amirite-ladies, type of way.

Deciding on the heating thing when you’re not the one at home during the day was crazy to me, and they’ve obviously had some chilly moments in this house as well.

Reactions: 13
Aw, congrats to Anna. Can't believe she didn't reveal it until she was 20 weeks or so. Good on her. I think she will be a really great mum.

Reactions: 11
I didn’t believe Anna was pregnant (like some of you suggested, I thought she’d wait until more house renovation progression), but after you predicted Sunbeams Jess was also pregnant, I never should have doubted you guys!

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I respect the boundaries but here are my unsolicited thoughts:
- Being pregnant is not a sickness; maybe people in here can enlighten me but why did she and Lily make it all as if it is a difficult very difficult sad sickness. I have seen all my life ladies commutting and working while heavily pregnant. I just dont understand.
- It is a bit cringe; she comes accross as uncomfortable and bizarre in the reveal..
Regardless, Congrats to Anna if she reads here lol
Idk I loved being pregnant but the both times I was I was soooo sick. I still managed a commute to work, but some days I was sick in public so if I could have afforded to take time off I would have for sure.

Reactions: 6
Running out of people to watch as they're all getting pregnant. Really not interested in anything to do with babies or children. Happy for them, if it was truly what Anna wanted, too.
I'm exactly the same - I feel like everyone is having a lockdown baby right now - happy for them, but absolutely no interest in it.

Reactions: 47
They also find him a freeloader, living off his wife’s money.

I personally don’t mind Mark too much, but I don’t need to see him constantly. And for me, Anna can keep the adoration to herself, it’s getting out of control with all the praise.
For me, I used to love Anna and would watch all her YouTube videos. Then Mark started appearing and it annoyed me as I thought, here we go another ‘influencer husband’ (I think it was the New York blog where I started thinking whyyy is he in them, go away!) then he starting being more regular in the videos and it came to light he left his job to work for Anna 🙄 That’s when Anna’s content and personal style started going downhill imo. She used to wear some lovely clothes and makeup, now it’s all beige frumpy sacks (don’t think it’s to do with pregnancy).

Regardless of that though, it just annoys me when influencers start bringing their husbands/partners into videos, I didn’t follow for them to be forced on me (obviously this was done so that people got used to Mark before the reveal about his ‘input’) but still, ugh.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I'm exactly the same - I feel like everyone is having a lockdown baby right now - happy for them, but absolutely no interest in it.
Me too. I’d already unsubscribed but I definitely won’t be watching anymore if it’s going to be baby spam from this point on 😴

Reactions: 19
I got a bit emotional watching Anna’s video, she seems really happy and it was sweet to watch. Did anyone notice she is down to 498k (from 499k) on YouTube? Guess there are a few people not interested in pregnancy/baby content! I thought it was usually the opposite effect, Wonder if she will get a surge later with new followers.
It was down to 498k before she announced, it's just her not being able to keep an audience, nothing to do with the announcement

Reactions: 6
I get the impression that her audience is quite young, so I’m not sure what this is going to do to her followers. The shift from talking about university, boys and “Scandi” home interiors to full throttle pregnancy chat on social media and on the podcast is going to be very interesting in terms of stats.

Reactions: 17
Those people saying that Grey and baby Mark Jr. will be next generation bff is so cringy.

Reactions: 23
I get the impression that her audience is quite young, so I’m not sure what this is going to do to her followers. The shift from talking about university, boys and “Scandi” home interiors to full throttle pregnancy chat on social media and on the podcast is going to be very interesting in terms of stats.
Do you reckon. I feel like her content has been targeting a sort of 25+ audience for a long time. Veg patches in the garden, expensive skincare, ‘capsule’ wardrobes, grannies apple crumble recipe. Does talking about Mark’s bird watching count as talking about ‘boys’. Maybe younger people are watching but I don’t know why! Nothing is very relatable to them but then nor is a pregnancy particularly but maybe it’s escapism?

Reactions: 13
Okay, so this explains the weird crying after Lily's maternity ward story on their podcast. So those who don't listen to this snooze fest (lucky you), – a few weeks ago, Lily told a story about comforting a mother whose baby was not putting on enough weight. Then Lily said that Anna would have a whole new respect for other mothers "one day when you have a baby" and Anna started crying. Apparently they had to edit out several minutes of her crying. That was the moment I knew she must be pregnant. Nobody would be that moved by that stupid story (which was basically just Lily bragging about being a good person) unless they're a) super hormonal b) pregnant/about to have a baby c) had fertility issues – and despite everything said about her, I don't think Lily would say something like that to someone who's childless against their own will.

I am very happy for them both. It would have been tragic for them to buy that massive house "for future kids" and then not have that dream come true. I hope everything goes well with her pregnancy.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Do you reckon. I feel like her content has been targeting a sort of 25+ audience for a long time. Veg patches in the garden, expensive skincare, ‘capsule’ wardrobes, grannies apple crumble recipe. Does talking about Mark’s bird watching count as talking about ‘boys’. Maybe younger people are watching but I don’t know why! Nothing is very relatable to them but then nor is a pregnancy particularly but maybe it’s escapism?
I feel like her audience are for people between 22-25 (post-university) but the whole veg patch, expensive skincare, granny recipes are more so a dream that she sold. Just my impression from those ladies on the FB Group

Reactions: 9
Idk I loved being pregnant but the both times I was I was soooo sick. I still managed a commute to work, but some days I was sick in public so if I could have afforded to take time off I would have for sure.
I respect the boundaries but here are my unsolicited thought:
- Being pregnant is not a sickness; maybe people in here can enlighten me but why did she and Lily make it all as if it is a difficult very difficult sad sickness. I have seen all my life ladies commutting and working while heavily pregnant. I just dont understand.
- It is a bit cringe; she comes accross as uncomfortable and bizarre in the reveal..
Regardless, Congrats to Anna if she reads here lol
For my 2 the nausea was a nightmare I couldn’t bear the smell of food cooking and lived in breakfast cereal for quite a while

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Well I've finally unfollowed her, I'm childfree and have no interest in babies of people I don't know. I respect she has kept it quiet and not done loads of ads
Also unfollowed. I've been trying to conceive for four years and recently had an early miscarriage after my second round of IVF so I'm out. You never know what someone's been through to have a baby, but so many people have announced pregnancies recently it feels like the whole world is super fertile and rubbing it in my face. I wish Anna all the best but just know I won't be able to watch any more.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 93
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.