Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ShoeGal

Well I've finally unfollowed her, I'm childfree and have no interest in babies of people I don't know. I respect she has kept it quiet and not done loads of ads
Also unfollowed. I've been trying to conceive for four years and recently had an early miscarriage after my second round of IVF so I'm out. You never know what someone's been through to have a baby, but so many people have announced pregnancies recently it feels like the whole world is super fertile and rubbing it in my face. I wish Anna all the best but just know I won't be able to watch any more.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 93

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
I thought the idea of Anna and Mark banging couldn’t get worse, but then you add in Anna crying afterwards... I might have nightmares!

Imagine: just two huge eyebrows sobbing in the dark, while Mark ignores her and polishes his binoculars (not a euphemism) for a post-coital neighbourhood watch session. It’s probably so cold they can see their own breath, like a scene from The Exorcist. Then suddenly, Anna breaks the icy feeling by cheerily chirping “I had a hormonal moment! Let’s hope this is a pregnancy situation! I won’t be ovulating again for yonks!”.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 90
I've got to be honest, I really dislike the pregnancy speculation, especially the fact that it's mentioned constantly!
Her content has taken a nosedive, it does seem like something is going on with her but really who knows and the constant speculation doesn't sit well with me.

She could be pregnant, trying, have had a miscarriage, be battling any kind of health condition or not even thinking about kids right now but I just feel really uncomfortable with the deep analysis of every glimpse of her looking for a bump.

• Heart
Reactions: 84

libelle80

Also unfollowed. I've been trying to conceive for four years and recently had an early miscarriage after my second round of IVF so I'm out. You never know what someone's been through to have a baby, but so many people have announced pregnancies recently it feels like the whole world is super fertile and rubbing it in my face. I wish Anna all the best but just know I won't be able to watch any more.
Oh I feel you! I’m 40 and trying for years and all I see is pregnant women. I’m happy for them but it kills me on some days. Only yesterday I’ve shopped baby accessories for 3 soon to be borns in my immediate circle plus both my boss and my colleague (in a super small company) have given birth in the last 2 months. It’s so hard to keep trying and giving them the happy faces they expect when showing you baby pics etc.

Sorry for the off topic post but it felt good to get this off my chest.

wanted to add: i am happy for everyone that is and wants to be pregnant. I would just want for it to hurt me less.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 84

wagner1985

I hate listened to the podcast. These two are INSUFFERABLE. Sorry I don't know which thread to put this on, but I'm sure most people read both. Lily's comment about how glad she is Anna didn't have to go through "what I went through" when TTC. Sorry, Lily, but what exactly did you go through? It took you all of five months to get pregnant, and that resulted in a beautiful, healthy baby. And the reason it took you 5 months is probably because you had no idea women ovulate once a cycle. Honestly. I wanted to punch them both in the face.

• Heart
Reactions: 81

Shmoogles

Running out of people to watch as they're all getting pregnant. Really not interested in anything to do with babies or children. Happy for them, if it was truly what Anna wanted, too.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76

MoniC

Chatty Member
I cannot believe she managed to make renovations boring as fuck. Personally I love watching reno content but holy heck if I hear the fucking window story one more time. The 25 minutes of recycled waffle could've been condensed to about 5 minutes.

Her content has become the influencer version of "this meeting could've been an email."

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75

MissD

She admits in the podcast that she was making comments about kids being a while away to fool her audience - personally I think that’s a bit off? Like fair enough, don’t tell until you’re ready, but admitting you’re actively trying to deceive your audience doesn’t sit right with me.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 74

Kitkatkut

Chatty Member
Wtf. Did she steal this from the UPS delivery guy when her Appointed collection finally got shipped?
80AEE471-B322-4A92-A450-998AC7585862.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 74

Shmoogles

at Chez Newton does my head in.
At = Chez :rolleyes:
So use one or other, not both

Also, when she lists things in one sentence, she uses words which can be both nouns and adjectives and it just makes it so hard to read anything she writes :mad:

She uses unnecessarily elaborate language too, just so pretentious ...
"head down to your local Garden Centre to scope out their wares"
Excuse me, whaaat?

She can't even spell it properly. It's actually TYLKO 😂

"It's At Chez The Newton's Place" needs to make it's way into the next title somehow. 😂

And "The Anna (Needs an) Edit(or)" teehee

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69

sadoldtroll

Chatty Member
I think they seem excited. But it’s got to be awkward showing your true emotions on camera.

Pleased for Mark especially as he’s been in training for this, dressing like a Center Parcs dad for YEARS

• Haha
Reactions: 68

Wobblehead

VIP Member
Can I just say that I renovated a house employing trades etc, organising the whole thing with all workmen whilst holding down a full time job as a lawyer and a child at school... not to humblebrag at all I am just saying Jesus Christ stop making a meal of it and stop trying to make out Mark is freaking superman... he ought to be able to organise a reno as he has fuck all else to do.

• Heart
Reactions: 64

Helmi

I mean that’s a good question about how much “we” have contributed to Anna’s wealth. I never even click on any of her links or swipe ups, because I know that everything she shows is way out of my budget, so I haven’t even contributed to her income even via the affiliate links. I also have an Adblock, so she doesn’t even get money from the YouTube ads from my views.
Do I care how much her house is? Not really, I would have just loved to see the floorplan 😂 I am not envious that she has more money, there are plenty more people with different careers that earn more money than I will ever earn. I guess we allwould like to have a snoop around her house/accounts, but I don’t think that she has to declare how much she earns/how much her house is. Whenever I worked (I am still unemployed thanks to Covid), I never knew how much my coworkers earn, let alone the managers, why would I expect Anna to disclose her earnings?
I don't think it's so much about the money with Anna. She has worked for over a decade in a highly competitive industry and I'm sure many people are glad to see the hard work paying off. It's the dishonesty of it all that's probably annoying a lot of people, myself included. The fake humble "oh, I wish I could afford a garden one day" while finalising a sale on a massive house behind the scenes or "if we could only have a garage" only to whip out the blueprints for the said garage mere weeks later. It's just not genuine. If you have loads of money, own it, don't pretend that you're a regular 30-something in the property ladder when you're not. Flexing is not good but neither is faking to be poor. Neither is very relatable to those of us who actually have to save to afford a £400 hoover.

• Heart
Reactions: 63