The Anna Edit #8 The Ofmark Edit: Blessed be the crotch shot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey, I’m one of those that commuted and continued working until 38 weeks 🙋🏻‍♀️ However there were many, many times where I’d be sick on the walk to the train station lol. No, it’s not an illness. But many, many women suffer from symptoms. It’s hard to explain the tiredness unless you’ve experienced it. My friends tried to tell me but I had absolutely no idea until I felt it.
For so long women were made to feel bad if everything wasn’t sunshine and rainbows 100% of the time whilst pregnant. So yes while sometimes it can come across as dramatic if anybody shares the not so great side, it at least breaks this narrative that pregnancy is easy. For some women yes, but many don’t enjoy the experience at all.
I agree, I'd rather hear a realistic take on pregnancy, including the bad times instead of a "everything is sunshine and rainbows and this is a walk in the park"-approach when in reality it often isn't. Yes, for people who want kids it's wonderful to be pregnant but that doesn't mean the actual process is great. Just because you show yourself on the bad days doesn't mean you're not excited for your baby....

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Hey, I’m one of those that commuted and continued working until 38 weeks 🙋🏻‍♀️ However there were many, many times where I’d be sick on the walk to the train station lol. No, it’s not an illness. But many, many women suffer from symptoms. It’s hard to explain the tiredness unless you’ve experienced it. My friends tried to tell me but I had absolutely no idea until I felt it.
For so long women were made to feel bad if everything wasn’t sunshine and rainbows 100% of the time whilst pregnant. So yes while sometimes it can come across as dramatic if anybody shares the not so great side, it at least breaks this narrative that pregnancy is easy. For some women yes, but many don’t enjoy the experience at all.
thanks a lot for the very clear and respectful response; I get it now :)

Reactions: 7
Yeah, I don’t think that’s all that sneaky. It’s just a period.
Also, it’s pretty common to have period-like bleeding during early pregnancy - it’s not an actual period of course, but she could possibly have been talking about that?

Reactions: 9
Kinda new here, followed Anna for a while but don’t pay specific attention to Mark - do we not like him?

Reactions: 4
Actually sometimes it can be very much like an illness, and labour and delivery can often be life threatening. I’ve had 3 children and 12 pregnancies and the only way I can describe pregnancy is to think of a parasite that’s attached to you sucking all the life out of you 😂 (clearly I’m one of the women who doesn’t do pregnancy well lol) I have however also worked up to 38 weeks with each one, I think that’s pretty normal and mostly for financial reasons.
OK, thanks a lot for responding, it is very helpful♥

Reactions: 2
Yeah, I don’t think that’s all that sneaky. It’s just a period.
Agreed, when hiding a pregnancy this is a easy coverup as the symptoms are very similar to early pregnancy. Having my first trimester in a lockdown really helped me to not really need an excuse, but I wasn’t filming my life!

Reactions: 1
Also, it’s pretty common to have period-like bleeding during early pregnancy - it’s not an actual period of course, but she could possibly have been talking about that?
She said in the video that they fell pregnant right after moving in & they found out late December, so it was her last period before getting pregnant

Also everyone is different with showing, it's her first baby which makes a difference. I didn't start showing at all until about 24 weeks and even then it was pretty subtle, most people didn't realise until about 28-30 weeks.
Not sure if anyone here follows the Elle Darby thread, but I'm so skewed from her pretending to be showing at 10 weeks haha. I think a lot of the photos Anna has posted have just been cleverly angled tbh and she looks to me like she's showing exactly how I'd expect for 21 weeks right now

Reactions: 14
Kinda new here, followed Anna for a while but don’t pay specific attention to Mark - do we not like him?
A lot of people find him controlling for not letting Anna put on the heating and don't like that the content is very focused around him at the moment but to be honest I think that mostly was because she obvs couldn't show herself or she would've blown her cover a lot earlier.

About the controlling idk, personally I think people are reading too much into it. Anna's constant mentioning him can be annoying though....

100% agree with this. I worked past my due date because I couldn't afford a long maternity leave and didn't want to waste any of it before baby was born.

The tiredness is insane. I've never experienced anything like it, even with a newborn.

I also commuted to work by train. I had nausea and vomiting everyday from 6 weeks to the day before my daughter was born. Believe me, being sick in a train toilet/on the platform/in a bin on a regular basis is not enjoyable.

I was excited and felt so lucky to have a healthy (in terms of the baby) pregnancy and ultimately a beautiful healthy baby but I was also pretty miserable a lot of the time!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Anna's constant mentioning him can be annoying though....
Is this a new thing though? I will admit to binging a bit on some of her earlier content recently and it’s always seemed like the Anna and Mark show. Mark likes this, Mark does that, Mark‘s in charge of this ...

Reactions: 4
A lot of people find him controlling for not letting Anna put on the heating and don't like that the content is very focused around him at the moment but to be honest I think that mostly was because she obvs couldn't show herself or she would've blown her cover a lot earlier.

About the controlling idk, personally I think people are reading too much into it. Anna's constant mentioning him can be annoying though....
I agree, while I find Mark a bit boring and not really what I’m interested in seeing, I think some of the controlling/authoritarian personality claims are reading a little too much into/people just really hating mark in general. I think it can sometimes be a bit of a reflex- like Anna talks about Mark and gushes all the time about how wonderful and smart and lovely he is which turns people off and some then look for reasons as to why he’s actually horrible

I also kind of agree with an earlier responder that I feel like Anna has always talked about Mark a lot? Like it’s definitely amped up since he started working for her and then obvi in lockdown when she has literally no one else to reference bc he’s all she sees, but I feel like she’s always been gushy about him

Reactions: 6
Is this a new thing though? I will admit to binging a bit on some of her earlier content recently and it’s always seemed like the Anna and Mark show. Mark likes this, Mark does that, Mark‘s in charge of this ...
Nah, not new but as she had to keep the camera on something else, it has become more apparent. Especially since he declared himself project manager of renos

Reactions: 3
I agree, while I find Mark a bit boring and not really what I’m interested in seeing, I think some of the controlling/authoritarian personality claims are reading a little too much into/people just really hating mark in general. I think it can sometimes be a bit of a reflex- like Anna talks about Mark and gushes all the time about how wonderful and smart and lovely he is which turns people off and some then look for reasons as to why he’s actually horrible

I also kind of agree with an earlier responder that I feel like Anna has always talked about Mark a lot? Like it’s definitely amped up since he started working for her and then obvi in lockdown when she has literally no one else to reference bc he’s all she sees, but I feel like she’s always been gushy about him
I think she’s amped it up since they moved house which would coincide with the pregnancy, could be because she’s gushy about him as he’s now going to be a father and she can’t wait to watch that or as a deflection tactic because she didn’t know what else to talk about because she couldn’t mention she was pregnant

Exactly, I think the claims about him being controling mostly stem from Anna once mentioning that he doesn't like the heating on. Which is not a lot to go on in my opinion lol. I don't care for him and spying on the neighbors/bike guy bullshit but I find the "he's such a controlling arse" a bit ott

Reactions: 13
I think she’s amped it up since they moved house which would coincide with the pregnancy, could be because she’s gushy about him as he’s now going to be a father and she can’t wait to watch that or as a deflection tactic because she didn’t know what else to talk about because she couldn’t mention she was pregnant
oh 100% agree, I remember Anna saying/joking when they went to visit Lily and see Grey that watching Mark with Grey and seeing how good he was with her made her all broody and want to have a kid so I’m sure being pregnant now has just magnified her gushing tenfold

Reactions: 6
Thank you to everyone for giving honest pregnancy tales. I’m currently pregnant and it’s so bloody hard at times. And if you’re constantly reminded how so and so was fine and did so well and you can’t make it through the day without a nap you feel like a failure!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Exactly, I think the claims about him being controling mostly stem from Anna once mentioning that he doesn't like the heating on. Which is not a lot to go on in my opinion lol. I don't care for him and spying on the neighbors/bike guy bullshit but I find the "he's such a controlling arse" a bit ott
I also think a bit of it is from the way Anna tries to jokingly come off as relatable with marriage comments like the whole Mark saying no to them having a permanent dressing room thing. I (personally) don’t think there was a genuine convo where Anna like sincerely wanted to turn the room into that and Mark sternly said no. Think it was a bit more Anna being like “babes wouldn’t it be great if this was a permanent thing” and Mark replying “yeah no, that’s dumb” but I think Anna plays up the whole you know, “*chuckle chuckle* you know how husbands are am I right ladies?” bit

• Sick
Reactions: 38
Thank god, they can now talk about marriage, baby, renovation, pregnancy on repeat now :)

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
That’s really lovely for them; I also didn’t think she was, but clearly there’s been a fair bit of ‘good angles’ and a light photoshop here and there!

I will be very curious to see how much they show the baby, when the sweet AL will be calling...

I also think the nursery will be mostly done and that ‘the windows’ taking ages was cover for some of that work.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Thank god, they can now talk about marriage, baby, renovation, pregnancy on repeat now :)
oh for duck's sake I'll avoid that podcast like the plague. Can't take a second of Lily's "advice"...I hope she reins it in with the horror stories about labor and newborn life, I don't want to hear that and especially not any pregnant people.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.