The Anna Edit #7 Rotten windows and floors, we’re bored to tears of the “girl next door”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to look up to Anna and read all her blog posts on organisation and so on and aspire to be like her - since buying the house I realise she literally has none - an organised person would have had a plan on renovating the house already put in place, would have had pre filmed content to cover all the time and so on.
And an organized person would use this “down time” to plan for when her job can resume, develop filming ideas, etc. She can get creative about doing her job, yet instead, she chooses to do nothing. And if she’s truly not working, build a backlog of reading content. Honestly, the options truly are endless, she just has to think, plan, and be creative & organized.

And totally about already having a plan in place for then renovations. They seem so ad hoc and like they’re waiting for the #gifted renovations to come rolling in.

Reactions: 23
Are those idiots really going to renovate a whole brand new nice-looking kitchen just so they can flip where the utility room is? What the hell. People really don't know what to do with their money.
I can't find the listing from 2 sales ago to see what the kitchen looked like, but from memory it was the same one, so it's at least 13 years old.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Anna also is looking quite down and sad in recent videos. So if she was pregnant she wouldn't be that sad right? I mean pregnant can look tired but she definitely looks unhappy and that fake excitement is quite noticeable, I think.
I totally agree. That's not how the happiness of being pregnant looks like to me. I don't really think Anna is one of those people who would be unhappy to have a baby no matter what she says. Something to look forward to during the lockdown is one of the reasons why so many people are having babies atm.

Reactions: 8
I've said it before, but I don't think Anna was ever the organisational guru she claims to be. She found a niche and ran with it (or maybe she just tried to copy Marie Kondo as we know Anna has never had an original thought of her own!) She has even said in an interview that she owes everything to Marie Kondo! It has been a successful (and lucrative) venture for Anna: book deal, Appointed collab, but now that she's told us she has trouble getting up and ready in the morning, I think we can all agree that she's no Marie Kondo (MK wakes at 6.30 am and starts her day with some morning exercise --I think Anna used to do the same once upon a time?)

It seems like ever since they moved into the house Anna has given up. Her drive seems to have disappeared. Maybe the house was her end goal and now that she's achieved it, she's lost all motivation. However, we know she can't rest on her laurels just yet. She has a house to renovate and a husband to support.

There could be something else going on with her. She's seemed a bit off ever since they moved into the house. Her productivity is at all all time low and she seems extremely unmotivated. Could be lockdown; could be something else.

Are those idiots really going to renovate a whole brand new nice-looking kitchen just so they can flip where the utility room is? What the hell. People really don't know what to do with their money.
I agree the kitchen looks nice, but it's definitely not new, and from what Anna has said, it's a total mess behind the scenes (lots of damp behind the cupboards etc.

Reactions: 25
I've said it before, but I don't think Anna was ever the organisational guru she claims to be. She found a niche and ran with it (or maybe she just tried to copy Marie Kondo as we know Anna has never had an original thought of her own!) She has even said in an interview that she owes everything to Marie Kondo! It has been a successful (and lucrative) venture for Anna: book deal, Appointed collab, but now that she's told us she has trouble getting up and ready in the morning, I think we can all agree that she's no Marie Kondo (MK wakes at 6.30 am and starts her day with some morning exercise --I think Anna used to do the same once upon a time?)

It seems like ever since they moved into the house Anna has given up. Her drive seems to have disappeared. Maybe the house was her end goal and now that she's achieved it, she's lost all motivation. However, we know she can't rest on her laurels just yet. She has a house to renovate and a husband to support.

There could be something else going on with her. She's seemed a bit off ever since they moved into the house. Her productivity is at all all time low and she seems extremely unmotivated. Could be lockdown; could be something else.

I agree the kitchen looks nice, but it's definitely not new, and from what Anna has said, it's a total mess behind the scenes (lots of damp behind the cupboards etc.
I have been watching Anna way before The Anna Edit happened, when everyone thought her name was Vivianna. It was a shock to be honest to see her do this as it just came our of the blue. It wasn't her niche before, she just took it and ran with it. To me it made no sense, since when was she organisational guru and lived an edited life?

Reactions: 26
I agree with everyone saying that she has been looking drained lately. Lockdown hasn't been easy for a lot of people, but she remained earning (a lot of) money and moved into her supposedly dream home. I wonder if either her or Mark fell out of love with the house and now see it as a big problem on their hands. I mean, rationally and financially the purchase wasn't the best deal and they could only really justify it playing the emotional card - I wonder if that initial excitement faded away and they (or she) now regret/resent their decision.

Alternatively, she has always been very good at keeping her private life private and she might be going through situations we are not remotely aware of.

Reactions: 24
I have been watching Anna way before The Anna Edit happened, when everyone thought her name was Vivianna. It was a shock to be honest to see her do this as it just came our of the blue. It wasn't her niche before, she just took it and ran with it. To me it made no sense, since when was she organisational guru and lived an edited life?
Me too! It felt to me that she was discovering organizational tips while she was writing the book. Like, in order for her to write the book on organization, she had to test out a bunch of different methods. For me, it became apparent when she was suddenly obsessed with lazy Susans. It was such a weird thing to immediately discover and then, lo, there’s a section on lazy susans in her book.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
With so many influencers buying million pound home and with their husband being essentially jobless, if I put myself in their shoes, I will want to make sure that in the event the influencer (Anna) is unemployed/maternity/ lack of brand deals, there are other forms of passive income (ad generated from YouTube/ AL) to support the mortgage, based on assumption that Mark's income is heavily reliance on Anna's. And put in a huge sum of deposit so to reduce my monthly mortgage.

My guess is that they must have put down at least £400k deposit, and make sure that their mortgage payment can be supported by passive income?

1615378349561.png

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Me too! It felt to me that she was discovering organizational tips while she was writing the book. Like, in order for her to write the book on organization, she had to test out a bunch of different methods. For me, it became apparent when she was suddenly obsessed with lazy Susans. It was such a weird thing to immediately discover and then, lo, there’s a section on lazy susans in her book.
Anna get obsessed and excited about things too quickly, only to get bored and give up. I feel I have seen this so many times with Anna ( I cannot point out what is it but I think it could be her exercise regime, Peloton, her cooking phase (or moment!) and organisational moment. The one thing she is consistent is the stupid capsule wardrobe

Reactions: 14
I agree with you saying that she has been looking drained and sad in the recent videos, and I feel like maybe she overcompensated with being overly enthusiastic about everything a few vlogs back (think it was the one where they showed the plans for the garden). I remember enjoying a little bit of Mark here and there, but it's too much now- working together doesn't need to mean that he needs to be a constant appearance on her platform.

The reason why I am saying this is because I was just catching up on Allana Davison, and her partner works with her I think? Doesn't he do all of her editing + general video content? I know Anna looks very up to her and mentions her a lot. What I like about Allana is that she seems to be quite transparent. Yes she gets lip fillers but she owns it, she is open about her health and fitness journey and she also explains why she wants to keep certain things private which I really respect. I'm not saying that we as an audience have the right to demand people to share all of their lives, but I have to say that I prefer Allana's approach instead of pretending everything is rosy when you are standing in front of a camera looking like you are about to burst into tears. Thougts?

Reactions: 34
How dare BB not use Anna’s diary, instead she bought a Japanese bullet journal. ‘Didn’t you know idolised you for yonks’

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
With so many influencers buying million pound home and with their husband being essentially jobless, if I put myself in their shoes, I will want to make sure that in the event the influencer (Anna) is unemployed/maternity/ lack of brand deals, there are other forms of passive income (ad generated from YouTube/ AL) to support the mortgage, based on assumption that Mark's income is heavily reliance on Anna's. And put in a huge sum of deposit so to reduce my monthly mortgage.

My guess is that they must have put down at least £400k deposit, and make sure that their mortgage payment can be supported by passive income?

View attachment 475887
£2k a month is nothing really, pretty much standard London rent for a 1 bed flat. It’s the massive lump deposit that they’ve gained through tax loopholes that is the frustrating part for us normal people.

Reactions: 27
£2k a month is nothing really, pretty much standard London rent for a 1 bed flat. It’s the massive lump deposit that they’ve gained through tax loopholes that is the frustrating part for us normal people.
I know, I agreed, no one can save 300,000 just by working hard. My brain fart is mainly about her passive income (potential) - the video/ AF/ blogs that could possibly generate up to 2k/ month. :)

Reactions: 10
Just a speculation but maybe she made her mind and decided to try for a baby and it turned out that she needs a bit of help such as hormonal therapy? That would explain the puffy face and slight weight gain as it might happen with this type of treatment. Would also explain why she looks a bit down at the moment? End of speculation 🙃

Reactions: 22
Her latest grid photo was six days ago. Pretty lazy in my opinion. Just say you’re going to take some time off!
Maybe she forgotten to put 'job' on her to do list. I hope she is okay though x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.