The Anna Edit #5 Anna and the thermostat prison guard.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Guys, I don't know if this is of assistance to anyone but if you contact your bank and ask for a chargeback they basically refund you as the company hasn't provided the service that you paid for. When they refund you they also write to the company you've bought from to give them the opportunity to either prove that they've sent you the item or acknowledge that the bank has refunded you and that they now owe the bank the money. I used to work in debt collection and I have done this countless times myself when items I have paid for have failed to show up on time.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Hello, I wondered if anyone could help?

Anna’s deleting comments from her YouTube page about her Appointed diary. She deleted my question today (within seconds!).

She’s not replying to emails. She’s also limited the number of comments on Instagram.

How are we supposed to get any information when she’s deleting comments and closing literally every avenue of communication?

I thought Anna was okay, but this has shown her true colours.
Sadly this is what they all influencers do when you tell them something they don't like even if you are right. Not sure if you still want the planner I personally would cancel it and report Anna to ASA for misleading advertising as I'm pretty sure the planners have never actually had an stock in the UK.

Reactions: 12
Don’t go through Anna. Go through the company you purchased from.

Reactions: 7
I wonder if she's had a falling out with Appointed, seems like she is throwing them under the bus and not wanting to take any ownership of this mess.

I was looking at appointed on the papersmiths website before Christmas and all of their diaries were out of stock but more were coming in. Papersmiths said they couldn't guarantee delivery before Christmas though - this makes me think that Appointed have stock issues and would rather people order and wait for more to be produced that over produce stock. From what Anna is saying this seems to be the case and makes me think it's more of an issue with them than her but I don't think she is handling it well.
Even if Anna had very little to do with the logistical planning of this collab, she should still release a statement, like:

“Hi everyone! Thank you so much for your ongoing support and patience as Appointed and I try to rectify the situation (!). We’re working together to make sure you receive your orders as soon as possible. Unfortunately, we were not prepared for the number of UK orders and have had to start shipping products from Appointed’s US warehouse via DHL. We’ve been told duties will not be applied, but if for some reason you believe they have, please contact customer service. Be sure to include your order number and your receipt showing the duties paid and we’ll make sure you’re refunded that amount. If your order has not yet shipped and you’d like to cancel it, please...Etc. Etc.”

Honestly, they should have done a pre-order back in October/November (or whenever it was announced) and then would’ve known exactly how many US/UK/EU orders there would have been and could plan accordingly. If there had still be a shipping delay, at least it’s less suspicious then saying orders will ship on this date and then they don’t. I suspect the collab itself was rushed too.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Even if Anna had very little to do with the logistical planning of this collab, she should still release a statement, like:

“Hi everyone! Thank you so much for your ongoing support and patience as Appointed and I try to rectify the situation (!). We’re working together to make sure you receive your orders as soon as possible. Unfortunately, we were not prepared for the number of UK orders and have had to start shipping products from Appointed’s US warehouse via DHL. We’ve been told duties will not be applied, but if for some reason you believe they have, please contact customer service. Be sure to include your order number and your receipt showing the duties paid and we’ll make sure you’re refunded that amount. If your order has not yet shipped and you’d like to cancel it, please...Etc. Etc.”

Honestly, they should have done a pre-order back in October/November (or whenever it was announced) and then would’ve known exactly how many US/UK/EU orders there would have been and could plan accordingly. If there had still be a shipping delay, at least it’s less suspicious then saying orders will ship on this date and then they don’t. I suspect the collab itself was rushed too.
Good statement, you are stealing Mark’s job

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
It's Appointed's fault as they're the ones who are supposed to be fulfilling the orders but she has put her name to it and encouraged poeple to buy, to now delete and ignore the comments is terrible.

How can it have been a shock that there were lots of orders from UK?! They shouldn't have accepted more orders than they had stock in the UK distribution base for (if they even had any)

Reactions: 25
Guys, I don't know if this is of assistance to anyone but if you contact your bank and ask for a chargeback they basically refund you as the company hasn't provided the service that you paid for. When they refund you they also write to the company you've bought from to give them the opportunity to either prove that they've sent you the item or acknowledge that the bank has refunded you and that they now owe the bank the money. I used to work in debt collection and I have done this countless times myself when items I have paid for have failed to show up on time.
The company will also get charged £15 to £25 for the chargeback so you can bet they will try and get it sorted asap for you if you do that!

Reactions: 28
If Appointed have stock issues they should have never done a collab and Anna should have done some kind of due dilligence - or as someone pointed out isn't that Gleam's job. Really poor form all around, I would be ticked off if I bought anything. It's put me off of appointed either way!

Reactions: 13
It looks like Appointed has been gambling with this collab from the beginning ans specially with the stock, I mean all this delay is probably they are actually printing more or they took the money and then started to print I thought she said there was a limited stock, so why the company didn't just hanged the sold out banner?
Logistically is not her fault but if I was her I would double check these things because my name and image are highly involved even more than the brand

Reactions: 12
I’m watching Dancing on Ice and it’s just occurred to me that Mark reminds me of Christopher Dean 😂

• Haha
I love how she's so casual about how open people's schedules are! "Take some time and go for a walk!"

No Anna, we WORK. Not only that, we work NORMAL jobs that require us to be focused for 8+ hours a day.

The absolute ignorance!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31

She probably has to wait for the Appointed PR/marketing department to come back in on Monday before she makes any promises on their behalf. Seems like many of the complaints came rolling in this weekend.

If Appointed have stock issues they should have never done a collab and Anna should have done some kind of due dilligence - or as someone pointed out isn't that Gleam's job. Really poor form all around, I would be ticked off if I bought anything. It's put me off of appointed either way!
I’m afraid Gleam probably pushed Anna to do this. It’s not their personal name attached to it, they probably just get a cut.

Friend has just received this email from Appointed. She had emailed asking to cancel about an hour before 🤷🏻‍♀️ The whole thing has gone a bit tits up really, not looking good for more collabs with them like she hinted at when she announced it
They didn't want to cancel her order?

Reactions: 3
sure they knew brexit would mess the postage up, that you could see a mile away, they should be giving more than just shipping costs back they should give you the cost of jan and feb back because this is a joke, but again I’m not that interested in that stuff so didn’t order but surely as a good will gesture that’s what they should do

Reactions: 9
Thanks for everyone’s replies...

This whole thing has left a bad taste in my mouth and I don’t want any of my money going to Anna.

Her reply about “learning” is bullshit. She’s been in this game for over 10 years! She has the experience of Gleam behind her!

Actually, no, she does need to learn. She needs to learn how not to treat her followers with contempt and block/delete them when they only need help.

Reactions: 15
Who in their right mind decides to launch a 2021 calendar two weeks into January when you know it's probably already going to be too late for most and then add the uncertainty of Brexit on top. They could claim as being a US company they were unaware of the impact of brexit BUT this is supposed to be a UK distribution centre with a UK influencer. I really don't understand their logic in this at all, this should have been launched back in October or November at the latest so they could have guaranteed delivery of orders before 1 Jan (taking into account seasonal delays etc). If there was no way of changing the launch of this collab - nothing on it should have been dated. Just screams of being rushed, and for a company that produces calenders and an influencer known for planning screams of no real planning or organisation - the irony of it!

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.