The Anna Edit #3 We’re having a moment, a moving situation, oh my word.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really hate the dynamic that he was the sole decider of when Anna would be proposed to.

I hate that an amazing woman had to wait for some guy to decide the next chapter of her life.
I haven’t watched Anna for long enough to understand the dynamics of their relationship. Was she keen to get married and Mark refused?

Anna’s a people-pleaser and it makes her vulnerable to others taking advantage.

Lily’s a case in point. She seems competitive, bitter and envious of Anna. She rides her coattails (podcast, etc) because her career might otherwise be over. But Anna permits it all!

Reactions: 13
I DESPISE Mark. He comes across as SO controlling (remember how Anna had to wear the purple dressing gown 24/7 because he didn’t want her to put the heating on during the day)? Anna is too nice a person to see through it I reckon - think about her relationship with Lily and how she’s a walkover - it’s the same. Yuk he gives me the worst vibes! Also hate how he clearly thinks he’s hot tit when he’s a total nerd

• Wow
Reactions: 28
he definitely has a brummy accent though not a black country one, I’m from the black country and it’s quite different. We’re known as ‘yam yam’s’ 🤪
fellow yam yam!! I'm not alone 😂

Do you still live there or you are living in London or some of the major cities? People must be like what, Lily won't think you're speaking English
I'm from the black country and lily would absolutely not understand a word I'm saying

Reactions: 2
I also think he seems controlling about money stuff, and to be fair I guess Anna is okay with it. I would tell him to duck right off - I also do shared household finances but the balance is so disproportionate in this situation ... if it wasn't for her good luck / timing with her job, his life would look very very very different. I think he should be more humble about who brings in the money. A marriage or relationship (ie podcast story) is one thing, but I believe there is a limit to how much one partner can say to the other about how they spend once they've met all their obligations.
Although I agree with most of your points I also can imagine I would come across controlling about money if my partner was spending £600 on a flimsy looking jumper. 😆

I can also get anxious over my partner’s occasional extravagant purchase purely because I grew up with hardly anything as opposed to him, so the reality of struggling financially in my childhood has more vividly left me with a dose anxiety.

Also let’s not forget that at the very beginning of her career YouTube wasn’t as lucrative as it is today. Anna wasn’t making much while Mark was working full time and despite of that was always totally supportive of her making blogging and YouTube her career.

I’m not sure why, but I just don’t want to jump to conclusions about someone whom we see through Anna’s “edited” (pun intended) videos.

Reactions: 22
I haven’t watched Anna for long enough to understand the dynamics of their relationship. Was she keen to get married and Mark refused?
Anna was desperate for a proposal for ages before Mark popped the question. Can't remember the exact details but they've talked about it a few times on the podcast. Lily is usually the one who brings it up, naturally!

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
Not allowing heating, when you can totally afford it, is incredibly controlling. I'd throw him out and crank up the heat.

Reactions: 21
Anna was desperate for a proposal for ages before Mark popped the question. Can't remember the exact details but they've talked about it a few times on the podcast. Lily is usually the one who brings it up, naturally!
She did mention she was disappointed he didn’t propose on their New York trip. I can appreciate that he did it on a less predictable moment. It would feel more genuine to me that way.

Reactions: 7
She did mention she was disappointed he didn’t propose on their New York trip. I can appreciate that he did it on a less predictable moment. It would feel more genuine to me that way.
You mentioned about NY so I just randomly watched one of her vlog years ago.

She dressed so well, so classic and timeless. I love the Whistle cigarette trousers, but RIP now. The way she dressed now makes her look bigger than she is.https://youtu.be/WEGAmmjpoYs

Reactions: 9
I used to love watching Anna's vlogs but not she has become unbearable. Obviously I have unfollowed and unsubscribed both Anna and Lily. Only watch them for the laughs and gossip sometimes. I would have been looking forward to her moving vlogs if it was 2017 but now ..meh...it's going to be boring and ad filled and oh my word more boring.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
You mentioned about NY so I just randomly watched one of her vlog years ago.

She dressed so well, so classic and timeless. I love the Whistle cigarette trousers, but RIP now. The way she dressed now makes her look bigger than she is.https://youtu.be/WEGAmmjpoYs
So true. I really don’t like her style now at all, everything is so big, bland and unflattering - and ridiculously priced for the most basic items! It does nothing for her at all 🙈

Something really bugging me lately is that influencers mention the item they are wearing and provide an affiliate link without saying where it’s from. So you have to swipe up just to see what brand it is. I swear they didn’t used to do this a year or so ago and have now started. Anna has done it so often recently - I find it really sneaky and so clearly about getting cookies into your browser. I refuse to swipe up on anything like this. Maybe I would swipe up more if she said where it was from in the story itself! Grrr
I totally agree and on principle I don’t swipe up either! I rarely buy clothes anyway so the cookies lurking in my browser aren’t in danger of earning them any money from me but I hate the sneakyness of it.

😂 Remember when Lily said no video this Sunday « because there will be Anna moving in vlog and she just wants to watch that » (I’m not sure I’ll ever get past this one hahaha)

And you know how Anna then said (yesterday I think) that actually tomorrow is just a vlog where they get the keys and a first look at the place, but the big « moving in » vlog is next Sunday?

Sooo Lily just said on her stories that she managed to finish « the video that was meant for tomorrow but then she thought it wouldn’t be able to go up, so good news it will be up tomorrow » (and she wrote below, « because she thought she couldn’t finish the video for sunday)

PLEASE.

First, I thought she said she didn’t want to upload her video on Sunday because all she wanted was to watch Anna’s (like youtubers cannot pre-upload) Now she’s saying she had thought that she wouldn’t finish her video on time for Sunday or something along those lines. Maybe choose one reason and stick with it? 🤣
Second, of course that last minute video has nothing to do with Anna’s explaining the next 2 vlogs... I’m guessing then no video next Sunday for the big moving-in vlog? Or maybe there will, she seems to be sitting on a couple of last minute video solutions to feed us in case of emergency..
Third, could it be that Gleam told her off for saying she didn’t want to upload because « all she wanted to do was to watch Anna’s » (not a very professional « influencer » attitude..)
So many thoughts...

The house cake that Anna’s mum has made is so cute! They really seem like a sweet family.

Ps: do we think the cake is representative of the shape of the house then 👀😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
😂 Remember when Lily said no video this Sunday « because there will be Anna moving in vlog and she just wants to watch that » (I’m not sure I’ll ever get past this one hahaha)

And you know how Anna then said (yesterday I think) that actually tomorrow is just a vlog where they get the keys and a first look at the place, but the big « moving in » vlog is next Sunday?

Sooo Lily just said on her stories that she managed to finish « the video that was meant for tomorrow but then she thought it wouldn’t be able to go up, so good news it will be up tomorrow » (and she wrote below, « because she thought she couldn’t finish the video for sunday)

PLEASE.
Oh my goodness can Lily be any more transparent!? :rolleyes: We ain't buying your explanation!. Like I said before, I think a "home update" (downstairs wardrobe reveal) will happen either tomorrow or next Sunday to coincide with Anna's house vlogs. Can't have Anna being the only one doing a home update can we Lily :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: 12

PLEASE.

First, I thought she said she didn’t want to upload her video on Sunday because all she wanted was to watch Anna’s (like youtubers cannot pre-upload) Now she’s saying she had thought that she wouldn’t finish her video on time for Sunday or something along those lines. Maybe choose one reason and stick with it? 🤣
Second, of course that last minute video has nothing to do with Anna’s explaining the next 2 vlogs... I’m guessing then no video next Sunday for the big moving-in vlog? Or maybe there will, she seems to be sitting on a couple of last minute video solutions to feed us in case of emergency..
Third, could it be that Gleam told her off for saying she didn’t want to upload because « all she wanted to do was to watch Anna’s » (not a very professional « influencer » attitude..)
So many thoughts...

The house cake that Anna’s mum has made is so cute! They really seem like a sweet family.

Ps: do we think the cake is representative of the shape of the house then 👀😂
Totally agree and yes, Anna’s family seem like a really decent, caring family! ❤

Reactions: 5
Totally agree and yes, Anna’s family seem like a really decent, caring family! ❤
LOL Anna 1, Lily 0. Lily already on the phone to her mum forcing her to bake her something. Honestly is give and take, if you're nice and generous to your family and I am sure they will do the same. Dare I say this, when she lived with her parents in her 20s, I doubt she helped out around the house

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I have to admit I’m having ‘a bit of a moment with Anna’, she seems genuinely so happy and gratful about her house and I can relate to the joy of being able to hang out your washing, and having a utility room etc when you’ve been living in a flat. She’s not coming across as smug or showing off, and she seems to be approaching the house in the right way, living in it, not buying lots of new furniture straight away and doing it up slowly. Hopefully she’ll end up with a far more homely and cohesive home then the likes of Lily pebbles and inthefrow
completely agree. I sit watching her stories with a smile on my face because their happiness really radiates and comes across as being grateful and not entitled unlike the other two!

Reactions: 5
When I first started watching Anna, I thought he seemed like a nice, albeit boring, guy. However, the more snippets I've caught of him the more I dislike him. I really hate the dynamic that he was the sole decider of when Anna would be proposed to. She's not the most exciting ride at Disney, but she is pretty great - takes care of herself, nice family, kind, absolutely raking it in, responsible etc. He looks like sand and seems super dull and should be grateful she's so smitten with him.

I'm not the biggest influencer fan and defo not the biggest Anna fan, but I hate that an amazing woman had to wait for some guy to decide the next chapter of her life.

I also think he seems controlling about money stuff, and to be fair I guess Anna is okay with it. I would tell him to duck right off - I also do shared household finances but the balance is so disproportionate in this situation ... if it wasn't for her good luck / timing with her job, his life would look very very very different. I think he should be more humble about who brings in the money. A marriage or relationship (ie podcast story) is one thing, but I believe there is a limit to how much one partner can say to the other about how they spend once they've met all their obligations.
He looks like sand! AHAHAHAHAA, I’m dead. HE DOES!! 😂🤣 Thank you! 🤣
I agree about the controlling behaviour. If my boyfriend told me I couldn’t buy the clothing rails I want with MY money for MY clothes, I would tell him to duck right off. He would never do that though, because he knows how bleeping ridiculous that would be.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I don’t think the heating thing is controlling. At the time I assumed they were splitting the bills evenly and he had less money. And if I’m buying something with my own money for our house my husband still gets a say because it’s his house too.

And if I’m buying something with my own money for our house my husband still gets a say because it’s his house too.
So true. We do the same, and it can be a bit frustrating at times, like if I set my heart on something and my husband doesn’t like it. Works the other way too, so we didn’t end up with the Death Star lamp from IKEA 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.