The Anna Edit #3 We’re having a moment, a moving situation, oh my word.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think the heating thing is controlling. At the time I assumed they were splitting the bills evenly and he had less money. And if I’m buying something with my own money for our house my husband still gets a say because it’s his house too.
I get where you’re coming from, but it disproportionately affected Anna, because at that time, she was working from home, while Mark was still commuting into work. So she was sitting at home wrapped up in her dressing gown, while he was sitting in a (presumably) heated office.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Might just depend on upbringing, my shared house is bills included but we don't have the heating on in the day despite working from home because it seems excessive when you could just put on some extra clothes. Also I'm pretty sure when Anna mentioned this it was in reference to their rented flat in London, where the type of heater was especially expensive to run? Idk it just seems boring to keep going back to this as an example of Mark being 'controlling'...

Reactions: 10
We really ought to be discussing how Mark persists in wearing those god-awful yellow trousers.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
I get where you’re coming from, but it disproportionately affected Anna, because at that time, she was working from home, while Mark was still commuting into work. So she was sitting at home wrapped up in her dressing gown, while he was sitting in a (presumably) heated office.
I don’t watch every single video of hers so I don’t remember if I saw the vlog where she mentions this, but did she really say that Mark doesn’t let her turn the heating on when it’s freezing? Maybe she said something which possibly got misunderstood?

I still think when it comes to furniture regardless of who earns more, both parties should have a say and like what both of them will be looking at in their home. I wonder if it had been the other way round and he bought some expensive temporary nonsense, people would complain he’s wasting money.

Reactions: 1
I have the heating on during the day, it gets way too cold otherwise. Sure, I wear proper winter clothes, but it’s just too cold. Especially when you’re typing and sitting still behind your desk.

I don’t mind Mark by the way, I don’t really find him all that controlling.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
The thing is, you don't have to heat the entire place? Just turn on one room or something. It's ridiculous to be living in a developed country and suffering through the cold!

I don't think the yellow pants would normally look that bad but worn with a grey/silver-y jacket, a pompon hat and brown raybans, it's a lot to take in... Especially that the pants are in a warm colour and the jacket is a cold one and it just clashes! The pants would look quite decent with colours in a similar earthy palette, such as a nice green parka jacket, or a nice neutral such as navy blue.
Screenshot_20201129-023838.png

Reactions: 4
All I got from the moving vlog was that it's 3 floors and a bit more of the outside space. Still not enough to figure out where it is!

Well that was disappointing - I feel like we only saw half the house! Where were the other bedrooms? Where was the bathroom with the roll top bath? And the attic room? Not really sure why she showed so little? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 15
To build up the anticipation for next week. Smart move but bloody annoying!

Reactions: 16
Anna is smart. She is totally aware that people are curious to know where the house is/how much it was etc. She never showed us anything in the flat and we only discovered certain features after she moved out (i.e. stained glass window, layout). She knows to stay away from windows to avoid giving us any clues. Hence, such a boring video.

Reactions: 20
This is just a reflection - not a criticism and I know countries differ! It is a 4 or 5BR multi story house but bathrooms/toilets are only on the upper floors. In Belgium, where I live - even old houses have at the very least a small toilet room on the ground floor. Obviously super practical but it's interesting for me to see that in the UK that's really not a thing. Even for houses that have clearly been renovated between building and current times. It would drive me crazy if I was having people over/a party and they kept having to go upstairs to pee!

Anyways, her house seems hugeeeeee. I wonder if she'll show us 20% more next week...
I also wonder how much they're really going to stick to 'gradual changes' - I feel like a lot of influencers say that and then 2 weeks later they've ripped out a kitchen, bathroom, and are repainting the whole place at once.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.