Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ECH

VIP Member
Sure, the 'average' size 12 narrative..

Average to me is 8/10 but to each their own. ✌🏼
Anna is a perfectly healthy weight and she looks fine, and we're not gonna judge her if she has put on some pandemic weight. I'm all for being critical about someone, but not about their body.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 78

Readinginks

VIP Member
Even now like who is hanging their washing out? Stingy mark not letting her have the radiators on? Or some stuff in the tumble? Like maiden’s are great because you can move them in and outdoors, I’m surprised she doesn’t have one of those heated rails from lakeland?
Wth! Who takes a polaroid of someone ready to put up the washing line. She is horrible and so annoying. Peg bag ...y is it so glorious I just don't understand.
As someone who grew up in a house with a huge garden and then have lived in tiny flats for the past 17 years, I can really empathise with their excitement over drying clothes outdoors, there’s nothing quite as fresh as wind blown, sun dried linen.

I also find it quite sweet she finds such moments worthy a photo. I believe they don’t often take polaroids but the format seems to be reserved for special occasions such as moving in days and other bigger events. I would much rather see her happy with a drying line, than pushing unattainable consumerist crap in her viewers face.

The peg bag was hand made by her grandma. There’s more value in sentimental pieces than money can buy.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 72

Readinginks

VIP Member
Guys we’ve got to admit, there’s some irony in this thread. We’re all complaining what an old couple they are, and here we are discussing arranging bookshelves and drying clothes. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 68

Sarahsnightmare

I'm not white knighting for Anns but...

Oh boy, moving into a new place, especially when you go to something larger, is always a bit sloppy. Curtain-gate isn't that big of a deal. Thats a pretty easy mistake to make especially as it seems everything moved extremely quickly once it closed. Curtains are the easiest panic buy.

We're all anxious to see more of the place but I think expecting her to go to parents to upload- which can take a while even with good internet- while they are still deep in unpacking is a bit much.

I know its "her job" but she also works for herself and can make her schedule. No offense to the earlier comment about how someone's job would only give them one day off for moving but I think that's more of a poor reflection of most workplaces not allowing employees to have a work life balance to take care of necessary things than Anna being lazy. Its not like she's being like Lily who didn't upload anything for weeks and then just did a half ass here are the sweats I wore all week video.

Reactions: 65

CheshireLove

VIP Member
I don’t get why everyone thinks Lily is moany and self entitled. I think she genuinely just has a bit of a sarcastic and dry sense of humour. I can’t bear people who are fake happy all the time. Also don’t get why everyone on the anna thread constantly relates everything back to lily. I personally think anna is SO MUCH more insufferable. She has zero originality and this new house is going to be as bland as she is, but she will make out like she is the first person to ever decorate a house. Also I was surprised at how much the house seems like it doesn’t actually need much work because I’m sure I remember her saying on the podcast that she wanted somewhere where she wouldn’t feel guilty for ripping stuff out. I think she’s going to be completely wasteful in her “renovation” of this new place.
Lily, is that you?

• Haha
Reactions: 64

oreococo

I'm gonna say something potentially controversial? But I'm just going to hop on it - I feel like there's plenty of valid things to criticize both Anna and Lily about all the time - their personalities, lack of fashion sense, excessive consumerism, the constant typos, etc, etc. But I also feel like people tend to hop on them for things that aren't a big deal either.

Who cares about which curtains she buys? When we moved into our house, we bought ill fitting curtains because we needed something to block the light; we didn't want to have the AC running constantly and we have so many windows that we needed something quick and easy. Why is it so.. "horrible and so annoying" that she was excited about the washing line or having the yard to put up her laundry? I thought that was insanely sweet, because I get that - when I grew up, we lived in apartments, but the minute we had a yard, you can bet my grandma was drying everything outside. I get that excitement. And someone was upset about her taking time off to move in .. like yes, I'm jealous she has that freedom, especially for a job in which she does fuck all, but if you have that option, why wouldn't you take it? I move quite frequently because I live in student housing and I would love to be able to take a week to move in.

Like I agree that there's a lot these women do that is so annoying, but I feel like a lot of people tend to blow those things way out of proportion.

The book thing was 100% gross and pretentious though - what's the point of displaying your books if they're backwards?

• Heart
Reactions: 57

Hally34

VIP Member
I have to admit I’m having ‘a bit of a moment with Anna’, she seems genuinely so happy and gratful about her house and I can relate to the joy of being able to hang out your washing, and having a utility room etc when you’ve been living in a flat. She’s not coming across as smug or showing off, and she seems to be approaching the house in the right way, living in it, not buying lots of new furniture straight away and doing it up slowly. Hopefully she’ll end up with a far more homely and cohesive home then the likes of Lily pebbles and inthefrow

• Heart
Reactions: 50

PiggyPoo

God this is so fucking depressing :ROFLMAO:

I'm going to have to live out my fantasy of having a nice house on the Sims...

• Haha
Reactions: 44

CheshireLove

VIP Member
I have to admit I’m pig sick seeing Anna’s new house. But unlike Lily, I’m not going to aggressively paint to compensate haha!

It’s so shocking that this is kind of property a blogger can afford. It’s nuts. All Anna does is tell us what pants to buy.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43

astridivy

Something really bugging me lately is that influencers mention the item they are wearing and provide an affiliate link without saying where it’s from. So you have to swipe up just to see what brand it is. I swear they didn’t used to do this a year or so ago and have now started. Anna has done it so often recently - I find it really sneaky and so clearly about getting cookies into your browser. I refuse to swipe up on anything like this. Maybe I would swipe up more if she said where it was from in the story itself! Grrr

• Wow
Reactions: 42

jeijddn

I don't think she's faking joy! Her house is stunning and I think she's aware that she's very lucky to be able to purchase something like that in her early 30s. I'm typing this from a small rented London flat so if I were her I'd be over the moon and taking polaroids of myself holding the door knobs tbh.

• Heart
Reactions: 41

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
The fact that Anna is so overjoyed and excited to keep the original features of her house is making me so happy, especially knowing lily ripped every out redeeming feature her house had purely because it wasn’t instagrammable enough

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39