Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

salexse

The patio floor is interesting. I don't care for the color and I think will get stained very easily. I understand the reclaimed brick (tile?), but if something happens you don't really have easy access to replacement parts. Do homes in Brighton Hove have issues with the salt air damaging walls or brick or whatever outside prematurely?
I used to live in a house built in the 80s that had a patio and garden steps made out of bricks like Anna's. It was brittle as hell after years of weather getting into the brick and causing it to crumble - rain, frost, snow, heat. Don't know if Anna's bricks are different but I'd say they won't have that patio there "forever" - 10/20 years max maybe.

Reactions: 4

Loolar

Omg. I was thinking I'm so over discussing the kitchen, but wtf.
Does she seriously want to walk a mile to the larder for every single spice she uses while cooking? Or pack a suitcase from the larder to the hob before even getting started?

I'm not a fan of having things that are sensitive to light standing in the open, but the only practical thing todo in this kitchen would be to put them on the shelf above the hob.

Also have fun trying to fumble out the cans.

I can't believe that Anna, Mark, her hired designer and the kitchen team all fucked up this badly
This. Doesn't the cupboard open out over the front of the oven, or am I seeing that wrong. The distance of the spices to the hob is sooooo strange. What's wrong with seeing spices?

Great_Kate

VIP Member
The pink colour will flatter her. The cut not so much.
I am happy they chose grass. It’s not as if you have to treat it with tons of stuff or water it like crazy. It might wilt in the summer but will come back just nicely. I think we just need to accept we won’t have perfectly green lawn all year round. Children can still play on brown grass. And it’s definitely better for the soil and all those microorganisms than putting green plastic on top of it.

How many receptions rooms do they have? Maybe they have a playroom. When my children were small we kept all their toys in their bedrooms and the playroom.

LittleBluebird

VIP Member
Yes, but they're her latest obsession that she has to wear to death regardless of appropriateness, instead of wearing in moderation in the right setting/weather...!

In all seriousness though, it's a bit concerning how she latches onto things and makes them her whole personality for a short period of time, then drops them when the next obsession comes along - it definitely gives the impression that she's trying to fill a hole in her life and is hoping that if she does something enough, things will start to feel better 😏
Maybe she was diagnosed with ADD or something and that was part of the fall out with Lily. That falls in line with the obsessing over things and then dropping them and then moving on. (Source: I have add and recognize that in her)