The Anna Edit #2 The nanna edit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They were very expensive "investment pieces". I still have and love my Mulberry Bayswater I bought 8 years ago. That was an investment in my wardrobe. It was a huge outlay, but I still love it and always feel great when I use it.
I’ve had my Mulberry for 10+ years as well and I won’t get rid of it any time soon. But I’ve certainly gotten rid of other bags since then.

Reactions: 3
Just watched her video and I have that YSL bag in slate grey (I didn’t pay £750 for it and the name hasn’t worn off). Until lockdown it was my everyday work bag and has had a lot of use and is still immaculate. It’s a great bag and I’ll prob use it forever so to me, that’s a really good buy.

Reactions: 1
I thought today's newsletter from Anna on how to budget was written pretty poorly. A lot of people are still on furlough or have been made redundant and I don't think any of us want to hear how Anna is saving up for a garden, especially not those who are struggling to pay rent.

Also for someone so "organised", she had £20 of unused app subscriptions that she's forgotten about - honestly, she seems more and more out of touch with normal life.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
I thought today's newsletter from Anna on how to budget was written pretty poorly. A lot of people are still on furlough or have been made redundant and I don't think any of us want to hear how Anna is saving up for a garden, especially not those who are struggling to pay rent.

Also for someone so "organised", she had £20 of unused app subscriptions that she's forgotten about - honestly, she seems more and more out of touch with normal life.
Did she really say she's saving for a garden, without disclosing that she has bought or is in the process of buying a new house?!

I don't know, you think you know where you are with Anna but when you analyse her a little...

Reactions: 11
Budgeting advice from someone who earns over 10x more than me, can easily increase her income by doing more sponsorships rather than being salaried, purchasing her next larger home, never been in debt (I think), never been furloughed or struggles to make ends meet.

Wow let me just run over to grab my bullet journal, gonna want to write this tit DOWN

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Budgeting advice from someone who earns over 10x more than me, can easily increase her income by doing more sponsorships rather than being salaried, purchasing her next larger home, never been in debt (I think), never been furloughed or struggles to make ends meet.

Wow let me just run over to grab my bullet journal, gonna want to write this tit DOWN
Don’t forget to do a WHSmith haul of gel pens! /s

Financial advice from a woman who has a very easy life in terms of money. She lives in la la land.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
This is the part of her “edited life” schtick that I find the most annoying. How can you give budgeting advice when your clothes are free (or discounted), expensive skin care and make up is free (or discounted) meals are free or discounted (waitrose, Hello Fresh partnerships etc).

Even if I can overlook how much more she earns than me, her advice is completely null and void because she doesn’t need to buy half the stuff I do? Like, if my foundation runs out I go “oh crap, I’m going to have to spend money on that” rather than choosing a new one from the many I’ve been sent for free.

Reactions: 24
Since Anna and Mark are randomly having a trip away in the UK, maybe they've got builders doing work in their new house while they're staying elsewhere? It seems very odd that she's mentioned saving for a garden when she hasn't disclosed the house move at all! I don't receive her newsletter though.

Reactions: 11
Since Anna and Mark are randomly having a trip away in the UK, maybe they've got builders doing work in their new house while they're staying elsewhere? It seems very odd that she's mentioned saving for a garden when she hasn't disclosed the house move at all! I don't receive her newsletter though.
firstly I must welcome you to the best time of the year - the three week stint where the optimal clothing combination is a knitted top, jeans and sandals. It is perhaps my favourite three weeks of the year and I encourage you all to embrace this wonderful moment. It's fleeting, but brilliant. One thing that isn't so fleeting are budgets. Budgeting and finances in general are both things that have played a big part this year as everything has been thrown up into the air and I'm not saying I've been a saint when it comes to my spending, but I've made some changes that feel like they've made a considerable difference to my habits and attitude with money. Have a read below to see what they are...

LESSON #34
The Budgeting Tips That Have Worked For Me
It's a strange time for finances and with things looking shaky across the board, it feels like the right time to hunker down and squirrel away a little extra. Without the expenses of travel and entertaining, we've been able to save far more this year than we'd anticipated and I've noticed a huge shift in my spending habits as I've implemented the tips below over the past couple of months. The extra time on my hands has meant I'm more in tune with my spending than I have been in years and 'Do I *need* this?' question is more often than not a big fat no. WHO AM I?! Here's what I've been doing...

Splitting my money. It might not make sense you for to split your money between accounts, but I like having a classic current account which I pay for all my household and utility-type payments from (a.k.a the boring adult stuff), then I transfer a monthly amount into my Monzo account which acts as my disposable income. Having this clear distinction between the two accounts and two types of money - what I can't touch and what I can - has really helped me curb my spending habits.

Visual banking software. THIS IS NOT SPONSORED BY MONZO, but Monzo if you're listening... I know there are a few other app-based banking companies now in the U.K (I've heard great things about Starling Bank too), but not only is app-based banking ridiculously easy to use, it's extremely visual and as someone who gets off on data I find it so helpful to see a breakdown of my spending. Nine times out of 10 Monzo correctly guesses which category a payment falls into and if not it's easy to assign to the correct one. It basically creates a budget for you. So at a glance I can see how much I'm spending on eating out and takeaways, shopping, charity, groceries, gifts etc. It's a game-changer.

Have something to save for. Saving without a purpose is smart, but it takes a special kind of person to have that discipline and that is not me. Whether it be a wedding, a big home move or something smaller like a weekend away or a renovation improvement, having a goal and a specific target in mind is waaaaaay more motivating than saving for a rainy day. One guess as to what we're saving for?! A GARDENNNNNNNNN! One day, eh?

Straight into savings. This is a new game I'm playing and one that is working out extremely well for me. Anything that is leftover in my Monzo at the end the month goes straight into savings. It might seem like an unnecessary journey for my money to make - starting in my current account, then going into my Monzo, and then being put into savings - but there's something so motivating about seeing the savings pot go up that I find myself checking my Monzo total before I make any new purchase. Last month it got to the end of the month and I still had 40% of my disposable income to put into savings and that has never happened before. Madness.

Cut down on the takeaways. A few weeks back we went Deliveroo CRAZY and you know what? It cost SO MUCH. Now I'm all for the odd takeaway here and there - eat out to help out and all that, I've done my fair share - but if it's creeping up in your weekly habits then it's time to log into BBC Good Food and start cooking from scratch again. I could eat a daily dose of the Five Guys BLT like the rest of them, but my budget says otherwise.

Save on subscriptions. I didn't realise how many app subcriptions I had that I haven't opened in months. Mark has a detailed list of every subscription he's ever had in his entire life, but when he asked me what I was signed up to I was stumped. ERM. I had fitness subscriptions, foodie subscriptions, subscriptions for photo layout apps that I'd completely forgotten about - OOPS. If you're on iPhone they are very easy to view and manage in your settings, so I went through and only the ones I actually use are remaining. It's saved me about £20 a month - totalling £240 a year. A decent saving and one well worth looking into.

Reactions: 5
firstly I must welcome you to the best time of the year - the three week stint where the optimal clothing combination is a knitted top, jeans and sandals. It is perhaps my favourite three weeks of the year and I encourage you all to embrace this wonderful moment. It's fleeting, but brilliant. One thing that isn't so fleeting are budgets. Budgeting and finances in general are both things that have played a big part this year as everything has been thrown up into the air and I'm not saying I've been a saint when it comes to my spending, but I've made some changes that feel like they've made a considerable difference to my habits and attitude with money. Have a read below to see what they are...
6ff2edc7-581e-461b-9459-52f4c38928dc.jpg

LESSON #34
The Budgeting Tips That Have Worked For Me
It's a strange time for finances and with things looking shaky across the board, it feels like the right time to hunker down and squirrel away a little extra. Without the expenses of travel and entertaining, we've been able to save far more this year than we'd anticipated and I've noticed a huge shift in my spending habits as I've implemented the tips below over the past couple of months. The extra time on my hands has meant I'm more in tune with my spending than I have been in years and 'Do I *need* this?' question is more often than not a big fat no. WHO AM I?! Here's what I've been doing...

Splitting my money. It might not make sense you for to split your money between accounts, but I like having a classic current account which I pay for all my household and utility-type payments from (a.k.a the boring adult stuff), then I transfer a monthly amount into my Monzo account which acts as my disposable income. Having this clear distinction between the two accounts and two types of money - what I can't touch and what I can - has really helped me curb my spending habits.

Visual banking software. THIS IS NOT SPONSORED BY MONZO, but Monzo if you're listening... I know there are a few other app-based banking companies now in the U.K (I've heard great things about Starling Bank too), but not only is app-based banking ridiculously easy to use, it's extremely visual and as someone who gets off on data I find it so helpful to see a breakdown of my spending. Nine times out of 10 Monzo correctly guesses which category a payment falls into and if not it's easy to assign to the correct one. It basically creates a budget for you. So at a glance I can see how much I'm spending on eating out and takeaways, shopping, charity, groceries, gifts etc. It's a game-changer.

Have something to save for. Saving without a purpose is smart, but it takes a special kind of person to have that discipline and that is not me. Whether it be a wedding, a big home move or something smaller like a weekend away or a renovation improvement, having a goal and a specific target in mind is waaaaaay more motivating than saving for a rainy day. One guess as to what we're saving for?! A GARDENNNNNNNNN! One day, eh?

Straight into savings. This is a new game I'm playing and one that is working out extremely well for me. Anything that is leftover in my Monzo at the end the month goes straight into savings. It might seem like an unnecessary journey for my money to make - starting in my current account, then going into my Monzo, and then being put into savings - but there's something so motivating about seeing the savings pot go up that I find myself checking my Monzo total before I make any new purchase. Last month it got to the end of the month and I still had 40% of my disposable income to put into savings and that has never happened before. Madness.

Cut down on the takeaways. A few weeks back we went Deliveroo CRAZY and you know what? It cost SO MUCH. Now I'm all for the odd takeaway here and there - eat out to help out and all that, I've done my fair share - but if it's creeping up in your weekly habits then it's time to log into BBC Good Food and start cooking from scratch again. I could eat a daily dose of the Five Guys BLT like the rest of them, but my budget says otherwise.

Save on subscriptions. I didn't realise how many app subcriptions I had that I haven't opened in months. Mark has a detailed list of every subscription he's ever had in his entire life, but when he asked me what I was signed up to I was stumped. ERM. I had fitness subscriptions, foodie subscriptions, subscriptions for photo layout apps that I'd completely forgotten about - OOPS. If you're on iPhone they are very easy to view and manage in your settings, so I went through and only the ones I actually use are remaining. It's saved me about £20 a month - totalling £240 a year. A decent saving and one well worth looking into.
@Freebies_come2me I seriously thought that first paragraph was you writing as an Anna parody! 😂 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Of course Mark has a detailed list of every subscription he’s ever had in his whole life. 🙄🙄🙄 Just like they probably have a detailed list of every time they ever had sex. “No babes, we did missionary last month, we gotta pick something else for September!”

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Of course Mark has a detailed list of every subscription he’s ever had in his whole life. 🙄🙄🙄 Just like they probably have a detailed list of every time they ever had sex. “No babes, we did missionary last month, we gotta pick something else for September!”
hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

• Haha
Omg this is so accurate

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I’m getting a little tired of the sandal and knits (or leather trousers) season references as well. She’s started almost every post with that.

If Anna is considered wide hipped I would hate to know what people think of someone with actual wide hips.

I just wish these pants tapered in and she wore like a pointed black flat or something that isn't the birks. She has great legs. Show them off. Her ability to make leather pants look frumpy is unparalleled

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
I really like these leather pants, in general and on her. But I just like straight legged trousers. I hardly wear anything skinny anymore.

Reactions: 3
Anna is always saying how sweaty she is, so surely leather trousers are a terrible idea. Won't they live at the dry cleaners?

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.