The Anna Edit #2 The nanna edit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is that the YSL one? If it is, I must confess, I love it!
I'm a sucker for an extremely plain, roomy bag.
Fecked if I'm spending £750 on it though when I can get something of equivalent quality for €140 or less.
I have to say, I have been dreaming of that bag for years. However, after this video, not so much. £750 and the logo rubs off in a few years? Yeah, not worth it.

Reactions: 5
Don’t get me wrong, I have nothing against spending £750 on a bag, and I can spend quite a lot on a bag myself as well.

I have a problem with calling it an “investment piece”.

Don’t get me wrong, I have nothing against spending £750 on a bag, and I can spend quite a lot on a bag myself as well.

I have a problem with calling it an “investment piece”.
Especially when it won’t go up in value. It’s not a bloody Birkin bag! It’s a splurge/treat, not an investment. Evidently they don’t stand the test of time either.

the term investment piece is the biggest con going and very frustrating as many influencers continually buy investment and 'forever' pieces, so it's just continually really.

I wish influencers would encourage people on how to find really well made bags online at a fraction of the price. perhaps search tips on popular second hand websites (not just vestiaire collective!!) I get most of my bags from ebay, have a specific idea of what i'm looking for and can usually find beautiful vintage bags for around £30 which have lasted me years! It takes ages though, but worth it!

Also, her last black £750 tote bag is honestly the most basic thing i've ever seen, can't believe someone could spend best part of a grand on such a blah bag!
If that’s what you’re looking for, there are plenty of other YouTubers who do look for bargains and are more focused on budget.

Personally, I’m not interested in that, but I do call it like it is when I buy something expensive. It’s simply spending money.

Is that the YSL one? If it is, I must confess, I love it!
I'm a sucker for an extremely plain, roomy bag.
Fecked if I'm spending £750 on it though when I can get something of equivalent quality for €140 or less.
i have a couple of black plain bags like that, but can't believe she's spend so much on something quite plain!

Reactions: 1
i have a couple of black plain bags like that, but can't believe she's spend so much on something quite plain!
To be fair, she actually sounded like she regrets it. She did say she wouldn't buy many of her bags again and she recommended the Madewell and Everlane totes over this one as better value for money.

Reactions: 2
Why does she always say “fun fact” when it’s never even remotely fun.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Thanks I actually thought she would be taller I'm 5'7 too and consider myself a dwarf 😂 she might really work out her legs then
I think she has a shorter torso and also she’ll pose in certain ways to make her legs look longer, like walking etc

^ agreed! She looks normal here, and the way she pose and she has quite slim legs hence why she looks taller i think?

1599425160523.png

It's only an investment if it appreciates or maintains its value despite being used. This is not the case for designer handbags.
TBF Chanel and Hermes bags do increase in value. If you’d bought a Chanel for, say, a grand in 2010, it would be worth more now even if it had been used although no idea if it would be more than inflation.

Reactions: 3
I have to say, I have been dreaming of that bag for years. However, after this video, not so much. £750 and the logo rubs off in a few years? Yeah, not worth it.
I have this bag and love it. It’s a workhorse and great for work commutes. BUT. My logo rubbed off in a few months and the corners are showing wear. I used it everyday for 3 years and wasn’t precious with it, but it’s definitely not worth the price tag. Would recommend Cuyana or Madewell.

The thing with Chanel and Hermes is that, yes, a lot of the styles can be sold for more than you purchased it, especially specific color ways, seasons or leathers. But unless you buy a bag, use it once and then sell it after one season, most of us intend to keep our designer bags for a long time and wear them. I guess it’s also the difference between something “keeping its value” vs appreciating in value; a similar return to what you initially paid (handbag) vs making more money (art, property).

Last edited:
I don’t think something needs to be extravagant just because it’s expensive. I don’t mind spending a lot on a plain bag, that’s just a matter of taste.

Reactions: 4
Anyone remember the Sophie Hulme bags she used to have? Then she got rid of them all.
But that’s years ago. I don’t have everything I bought in 2011 either. I get tired of things too. Especially things I bought in my 20s.

I bet she called those an investment piece too.

Last edited:
But that’s years ago. I don’t have everything I bought in 2011 either. I get tired of things too. Especially things I bought in my 20s.

I bet she called those an investment piece too.
They were very expensive "investment pieces". I still have and love my Mulberry Bayswater I bought 8 years ago. That was an investment in my wardrobe. It was a huge outlay, but I still love it and always feel great when I use it.

She bought the Loewe bag because she was idolising Lizzy at that point, think she is still now with the latest purchase of Celine. God knows which idol of hers bought the YsL bag.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.