The Anna Edit #2 The nanna edit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
it seems ridiculous to me! civil engineering is a steady industry unlike youtube. but i could imagine maybe his dad dying made him reevaluate what was important, if it was a high pressure job and the stress of his masters?
Maybe he will be a stay at home dad while Anna carries on working? I can see him enjoying that, and it’s not like Anna wouldn’t be able to join in with looking after the baby loads around her work anyway.

Reactions: 9
That 430 pound LED mask is almost half my monthly salary. Paired with that Augustinus Bader cream which costs around 200 pounds , does she really think that she provides accessible content for the average viewer?
I think if she insists on using these ridiculously priced products, she should try harder to find dupes/alternatives to them. She has the time, money, and dare I say expertise to look at ingredients and try to find comparable products at other price points - basically what she already does for her "capsule" wardrobe pieces.

Reactions: 1
I'm baffled why anyone would study for 6 years and then not do something with it. He is so lucky he could access and afford that type of education. He comes across as a right wimp.

Reactions: 12
I'm baffled why anyone would study for 6 years and then not do something with it. He is so lucky he could access and afford that type of education. He comes across as a right wimp.
Wouldn’t be surprised if she paid him a lower wage so he didn’t have to pay the student debt back hahaha

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
Wouldn’t be surprised if she paid him a lower wage so he didn’t have to pay the student debt back hahaha
His masters may not have been funded, but he went to uni for his undergrad when it was still only £3k so there’s not a chance he won’t have been paying that off! The wage to pay it back is much lower than it is now!

Reactions: 1
Well, it’s clear Anna makes well above a double full time salary and more, so they can save towards the future and have a more relaxed lifestyle. I can understand that mark would maybe not choose to work in an office with less free time and flexibility. I can’t blame them, I love my job, but it’s not always fun. And he can always choose to go back to engineering when needed. Now is the time they can do this, who knows what the future will bring? I wouldn’t want to slave away in an office if it’s not needed, out of fear that Anna’s income may dry up.

Edit: plus, they don’t live a super extravagant lifestyle, so it seems that they are definitely prepared for a drop in their income in the long run.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
His masters may not have been funded, but he went to uni for his undergrad when it was still only £3k so there’s not a chance he won’t have been paying that off! The wage to pay it back is much lower than it is now!
Ah yes, good shout! Not like the poor kids paying 9 grand these days.

• Angry
I think if she insists on using these ridiculously priced products, she should try harder to find dupes/alternatives to them. She has the time, money, and dare I say expertise to look at ingredients and try to find comparable products at other price points - basically what she already does for her "capsule" wardrobe pieces.
I do not trust bloggers promoting cheaper products, when they clearly use high end products themselves. Be honest about what you are actually using and buying, and if it’s expensive, so be it. Do not start promoting dupes when we all know that’s not your preference. It’s up to us as an audience to decide whether we like that or not.

Now it looks like I’m constantly defending Anna, I’m not, I have enough criticisms as well! Particularly about the capsule nonsense.

Last edited:
She must have a V high yearly income if they've been able to get a mortgage just on her salary alone, especially with the price of the house they must be purchasing which i assume will be substantial

Reactions: 8
Maybe Mark pushed his way into working for Anna. We know he’s a bit of a control freak (no shoes in the house, no heat in winter, stingy with money), so maybe he saw an opportunity to make more than he was making, maintain a little more control and keep her earnings within the family, if you will. I could totally see him saying to her “why do you pay for a professional photographer when I could do a similar or better job?”

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Ah yes, good shout! Not like the poor kids paying 9 grand these days.
Yeah, when I graduate from my masters I will be £62k in debt. To put that in perspective for Anna fans, that's enough to fund her clothing spending for (almost) 207 months.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I think gleamers earn a lot. I followed thestayoverlife , she was an ex BA air stewardess (think she gone part time before she left), pre-rona she is earning twice of what she made as a air stewardess; corono saw a 50% cut of her income

Reactions: 7
I think gleamers earn a lot. I followed thestayoverlife , she was an ex BA air stewardess (think she gone part time before she left), pre-rona she is earning twice of what she made as a air stewardess; corono saw a 50% cut of her income
And she is a micro influencer, her followers are nowhere near Anna's. It's crazy to think how much money you can make in that industry.

Reactions: 4
And she is a micro influencer, her followers are nowhere near Anna's. It's crazy to think how much money you can make in that industry.
There was a thread on the 'off topic' section about earnings and you could comment with your job and salary. There must be some influences that read on here and I would LOVE for them to provide this information. Anonymously of course. I know Patrica Bright did an in depth video about what she pays herself a month.

There was a thread on the 'off topic' section about earnings and you could comment with your job and salary. There must be some influences that read on here and I would LOVE for them to provide this information. Anonymously of course. I know Patrica Bright did an in depth video about what she pays herself a month.
Exactly! Don’t tell me how to budget when you’re opaque and shifty about yours. We really need to de-stigmatize talking about money, especially now that pay isn’t keeping up with inflation and there’s such a massive pay gap amongst gender, race, etc. @influencerpaygap on IG is a really interesting account to follow. It really highlights the pay discrepancies even within their industry.

Remember when we were in middle school and the career lectures and interest inventories started and we all hoped we would get lawyer or doctor?! Do you think influencer is now an option on those career questionnaires? How depressing.

Yeah I also don't get that. I am lawyer and for the last 4 months I could barely work because courts where closed for anything that wasn't urgent, and the longer I spent without doing any complex work I felt more useless. Like I need to use my brain for I what I am trained for. I know it's not the same for everyone, but it's hard for me to see someone who reached that level of education to leave it to take mediocre pictures of his wife for Instagram.

Reactions: 12
Mark, you can do better. The Victorian Red Dress on your wife is a no no, idk why is it allowed.

Plus, how can they have a 2 person team and posts still come with grammar errors and typos. How, how did you pass your probation? :(

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Mark, you can do better. The Victorian Red Dress on your wife is a no no, idk why is it allowed.

Plus, how can they have a 2 person team and posts still come with grammar errors and typos. How, how did you pass your probation? :(
hahaha I was thinking the same. She should add proofreading to his job description. If Mark doesn't log everything he does in a day on his to do list he may be at risk of being put on performance management. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Exactly! Don’t tell me how to budget when you’re opaque and shifty about yours. We really need to de-stigmatize talking about money, especially now that pay isn’t keeping up with inflation and there’s such a massive pay gap amongst gender, race, etc. @influencerpaygap on IG is a really interesting account to follow. It really highlights the pay discrepancies even within their industry.

Remember when we were in middle school and the career lectures and interest inventories started and we all hoped we would get lawyer or doctor?! Do you think influencer is now an option on those career questionnaires? How depressing.
This is her accounts from last year before mark joined so I would assume she’ll have made more this year in order to pay mark

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.