The Anna Edit #17 When capshool becomes capshill

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree, apparently alot on a previous tread.
I made a mistake and I will keep the thoughts for myself, I didn’t want to body shame her, we are all different sizes and we all try to fit in some beauty standards weather by applying makeup to cover our insecurities, by dressing the way we dress ourselfs or by wearing a thin or padded bra.
It should be totally fine to mention her boobs. It‘s not actually as mean as mentioning her jaw, she can wear a different bra, what can she do about her jaw as easily?

I don’t have a strong opinion on her tits but really think it’s fair to pile on someone just because more people have saggy boobs 🫣 there I said it. theres no rules on Tattle about what we can slate about an influencer other than their kids appearance

But her face, eyebrows and jaw are ugly AF 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
First rule of tattle:

Don't attempt to moderate, tone police or tell people what they can post

If you don't like it, report the comment for moderation &/or unfollow the thread.

Anna is a fashion & beauty influencer (barely). It's therefore nonsensical for her appearance not to be a point of discussion on a tattle threas. Are some of the comments here meaner than what we would say to her face? Yes, but that's why we are posting here rather than directly to on her tiktok/insta etc. If Anna chooses to look at this tattle thread and get offended, that's on her, she's always on that good vibes only BS, so why would she seek out comments that cause may cause upset?

She has chosen to be in the spotlight to make a living, therefore has to take the good with the bad as with most jobs.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
First rule of tattle:

Don't attempt to moderate, tone police or tell people what they can post

If you don't like it, report the comment for mpderation &/or unfollow the thread.

Anna is a fashion & beauty, influencer (barely). It's therefore nonsensical for her appearance not to be a point of discussion on a tattle threas. Are some of the comments here meaner than what we would say to her face? Yes, but that's why we are posting here rather than directly to on her tiktok/insta etc. If Anna chooses to look at this tattle thread and get offended, that's on her, she's always on that good vibes only BS, so why would she seek out comments that cause may cause upset? She has chosen to be in the spotlight therefore has to take the good with the bad as with most jobs.
👏👏👏👏

On every other thread someone gets a bit virtue signal-ly about commenting on someone’s appearance. It massively confuses the tone of the thread and misses the point of Tattle I feel. Also quite frankly, why join a thread to slag someone off if you are going to take issue with them being slagged off? I have influencers i don’t mind that get a bashing on here, so I avoid their threads 🤷‍♀️ It’s not a space for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
What was she thinking wearing THAT to an EVENT!

She wore those jeans and shoes on the journey home from the BAFTAS. Switching the jumper for a shapeless shirt doesn’t make it dressed up. I have no words for the hairstyle.

Nanna love, tuck the shirt in. Wear a belt. Wear some heels. Add a chunky headband and a bold lip. You’re welcome.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
👏👏👏👏

On every other thread someone gets a bit virtue signal-ly about commenting on someone’s appearance. It massively confuses the tone of the thread and misses the point of Tattle I feel. Also quite frankly, why join a thread to slag someone off if you are going to take issue with them being slagged off? I have influencers i don’t mind that get a bashing on here, so I avoid their threads 🤷‍♀️ It’s not a space for me.
Yes and it's always with a tone of like I was not brought up to comment on someone's face or speculate if they are pregnant or whatever. Like why are you on a gossip site? Lol.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
👏👏👏👏

What everyone's level of "too far" varies and not everyone on this board has to unanimously agree on what that line is.

Anna looks average - she does b/c she's thin, she has straight hair (which is still considered overwhelmingly the most desired hair texture in the Western world) big eyes and she's white. The flaws of her jaw/chin and eyebrows are what make her look average. I would bet all my savings if she were a person of colour there is no way she'd have 1/3 of the career she has now wearing expensive designer/bland clothing and makeup.

Many ppl think that she (and Lily for that matter) needs to look a certain way in order to justify her income/freebies but they just got lucky in when they decided to become an influencer in the same way some ppl got lucky investing in Apple or Amazon early on or are born to rich/wealthy/upper middle class families. Many ppl still believe you need to look a certain way or have a certain talent/intellect to earn a high income and while those things can help, more often than not luck plays a much bigger part than all those things (and sometimes that can be too much to take esp for those who work long and hard for not even 1/10 of that income/success).

For those worried if comments go too far, I'll end on this quote from Mindy Kaling, "I used to get so upset by this one account that went out of their way to shade me constantly. They knew everything I’d ever done and read every article/latest post about me and had a criticism for all of it. Then I realized: they’re watching EVERYTHING i do! They’re my biggest fan!"

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Now what do we think, will our Anna log on to log off this fine Friday? It's waaay past 9:45am.

ETA just saw that her TikTok bio says "Minimalist style, beauty & interiors" and I don't know how to feel about it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Now what do we think, will our Anna log on to log off this fine Friday? It's waaay past 9:45am.

ETA just saw that her TikTok bio says "Minimalist style, beauty & interiors" and I don't know how to feel about it.
Nothing minimalist about those eyebrows or that orange base....

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’ve been following Anna since vivianna does makeup. Back then I was a fan of course, but the industry was completely different. She was a uni student and I was basically a child. I read beauty blogs so I knew I was spending my pocket money in Boots wisely.

Back then, when she first started YouTube videos, she said she always wore the same thing - back then it was a pleather jacket and really worn out primark boots. Even I, at my young age, was sourcing bits and bobs from charity shops and trying to develop a bit of my own style. So I’m sure at her stage she could have done a bit better.

What I’m trying to say is, even when I was in school, very young, impressionable and following Anna… I remember being quite shocked that someone of an older age, at uni, pretty, nice hair, could afford nice makeup, had such poor personal style.

And see that’s the thing. I don’t think she has a personal style; It’s been observed here too. She’s not an influencer, she’s a follower. Her fashion and interiors are astoundingly dull, bad even. So hey, why not repackage them as ‘minimalist’.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Sorry for repeating what has been said in here said so many times, but I honestly think that the only goal Grandmark and Nanna has is to get as much as possible out of the influencer occupation for as long as possible. It's low effort for a big income and a chill life. The low quality stuff they post kinda shows that they care less and less though, and I don't give it that many more years to be honest.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Sorry for repeating what has been said in here said so many times, but I honestly think that the only goal Grandmark and Nanna has is to get as much as possible out of the influencer occupation for as long as possible. It's low effort for a big income and a chill life. The low quality stuff they post kinda shows that they care less and less though, and I don't give it that many more years to be honest.
Agree with this and @Silentcritique!

10 years ago it was totally okay to be a follower because the influencer industry was so new. Even if she wasn’t wearing anything inspiring, it was still more “accessible” than seeing the same/similar outfit on a celebrity or someone of higher standing. But the youth today are beating to their own drums. Sure they might follow trends, but they inject their own personalities or styles in there too. They don’t necessarily care for the label as long as it reflects their own tastes and style evolution. They’re uninhibited and creative. Anna, unfortunately, is none of those things and is trying desperately to cling on to her USP that is quickly becoming irrelevant, while trying to maximize her income.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
What everyone's level of "too far" varies and not everyone on this board has to unanimously agree on what that line is.

Anna looks average - she does b/c she's thin, she has straight hair (which is still considered overwhelmingly the most desired hair texture in the Western world) big eyes and she's white. The flaws of her jaw/chin and eyebrows are what make her look average. I would bet all my savings if she were a person of colour there is no way she'd have 1/3 of the career she has now wearing expensive designer/bland clothing and makeup.

Many ppl think that she (and Lily for that matter) needs to look a certain way in order to justify her income/freebies but they just got lucky in when they decided to become an influencer in the same way some ppl got lucky investing in Apple or Amazon early on or are born to rich/wealthy/upper middle class families. Many ppl still believe you need to look a certain way or have a certain talent/intellect to earn a high income and while those things can help, more often than not luck plays a much bigger part than all those things (and sometimes that can be too much to take esp for those who work long and hard for not even 1/10 of that income/success).

For those worried if comments go too far, I'll end on this quote from Mindy Kaling, "I used to get so upset by this one account that went out of their way to shade me constantly. They knew everything I’d ever done and read every article/latest post about me and had a criticism for all of it. Then I realized: they’re watching EVERYTHING i do! They’re my biggest fan!"
That Mindy quote is exactly the type of faux positivity Anna would love. Sounds profound but is essentially meaningless. Obviously a lot of people hate watch influencers that doesn't mean they're fans/fanatics? It's true that influencers still make money from hate watchers. Its takes me me while to disengage with some of the older influencers as I followed them for years, so still check here but I can't remember the last Anna video I watched though, must be months.

Reactions: 10
That Mindy quote is exactly the type of faux positivity Anna would love. Sounds profound but is essentially meaningless. Obviously a lot of people hate watch influencers that doesn't mean they're fans/fanatics? It's true that influencers still make money from hate watchers. Its takes me me while to disengage with some of the older influencers as I followed them for years, so still check here but I can't remember the last Anna video I watched though, must be months.
I respectfully disagree. While there are ppl who "hate watch" certain influencers/celebs, attention in any capacity is still attention which translates to money and status esp for influencers. There's no getting around this. Even engaging on tattle means someone on here has to be the one watch the content/click on the items their shilling to see how much it costs (contributing to clicks) and the glue that holds these boards together is the continuing supply of content. Influencers are not politicians/billionaires so there's no incentive to watch them or their content regularly. Yeah sure it might make ppl "feel better" to see how talentless/dumb they are but that hate is still contributing to their views (the Kardashians know this very well) and enabling them to have overprivileged life with a stupidly easy job. Some fans on here have contacted brands to dissuade working with Anna and Lily but unless Anna and Lilly did something incredibly damaging for the most part the brands ignore the hate emails.

The exception to hate watching are ppl in power b/c sadly they wield alot of influence in society which can impact our lives directly. B/c of that, hate watching politicians/lobbyists/billionaires makes sense. Hate watching a mid-tier influencer's content either daily/weekly are still eyes and attention that they continue to monteise. Why do you think Lily sporadically gives a nod to those who send her "hate comments" same with Anna in one of her most recent TikToks? They will delete the hateful comments to keep things " faux positive" but make no mistake as long as you are watching them they are laughing all the way to the bank (views on reels/stories is a big money maker for them - views aren't categorised by "fans" or "hate watching" - its all views at the end of the day) until the influencer industry collapses or has a reckoning.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.