The Anna Edit #14 Mrs Mark Newton continues to cosplay a beige upper middle class brand bore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anna could take some tips from Rosie Ann Butcher - she manages to have a good variety of outfits, wears them much better than Anna, recently had a baby and her content is still much the same, however she has subtly included things like breastfeeding friendly outfits, but you wouldn’t know unless you bothered to read the caption. She’s sprinkled a tiny bit of motherhood in, including an ad 🙄 but I would say she’s retained privacy. it’s not about the baby, it’s about her life now as a mother. I think Anna should have gone down this route, providing for her followers who have grown with her and are interested in Mum stuff, but kept the majority of her content true to her brand (whatever that is) for her followers who aren’t interested in babies. What she’s doing now doesn’t work for either.

link to Rosies insta -https://instagram.com/rosieannbutcher?utm_medium=copy_link

Reactions: 9
Anna could take some tips from Rosie Ann Butcher - she manages to have a good variety of outfits, wears them much better than Anna, recently had a baby and her content is still much the same, however she has subtly included things like breastfeeding friendly outfits, but you wouldn’t know unless you bothered to read the caption. She’s sprinkled a tiny bit of motherhood in, including an ad 🙄 but I would say she’s retained privacy. it’s not about the baby, it’s about her life now as a mother. I think Anna should have gone down this route, providing for her followers who have grown with her and are interested in Mum stuff, but kept the majority of her content true to her brand (whatever that is) for her followers who aren’t interested in babies. What she’s doing now doesn’t work for either.

link to Rosies insta -https://instagram.com/rosieannbutcher?utm_medium=copy_link
Speaking of, how does one breastfeed in an oversized sweater? Nothing Anna wears is really that baby friendly.

Reactions: 6

I'm genuinely curious how many ppl are ragging on Rosie Ann Butcher for not showing her baby either on her IG page. Does she have a tattle page?

I think it's easier for influencers to either embrace being a mummy vlogger or just go cold turkey and not show that at all b/c hinting at a baby and not showing it would piss off their viewers I would think. How could it not? It's already started to piss off Nanna's viewers which is hilarious.

Lily shows Grey (despite her initially saying she was leaning toward not featuring Grey on any of her content) b/c she wanted the ads/revenue from the labour and hospital bag video numbers. Any photo/content that shows Grey (she'll do far away shots but we can still see Grey's face) are the only content that does well on any of Lily's social media platforms. Hence Lily is an extremely reluctant, lazy and unoriginal mummy vlogger now.

Nanna is desperately angling for Lizzy Hadfield's audience but that ain't ever going to happen. She never had the body shape (mind you she was slim but not model proportions), looks ( her eyebrows start an inch width distance from her face..), confidence nor originality (not that there is much with Lizzy tbh) to pull off designer potato sacks.

Reactions: 6
I also thought Vivianna was her name, but it’s not that big of a thing. Most people that started young or don’t want to be identified by people in real
life straight away use a pseudonym or a not personal name related name. At least she started out for fun. Most people are now going into it with the absolute clear intent of using it as a business to get rich. It’s so blatantly obvious and really turns me off. Yes, the content is higher quality and better scheduled but in those cases I can spend my time watching home shopping as well. If I wanted to be actually “influenced” (be it lifestyle or fashion or whatever to spend money on) I would watch many of the recommended channels that came up. They will sell me stuff in a nice way. But that’s all they do. Anna has lost all her appeal over the last 5 years, but her origin on SM is still more natural than most of the others mentioned. I guess that is why the lucky OG you tubers still can live unbelievably comfortably off it. Because their “old fans” stay subscribed out of nostalgia, while the new “content creators” (🤮) just never get you on that level. They are pure business relationships while the OG make you actually a bit sad when you finally cancel them.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
She even said that she has had it for YEARS, so she is using an expired product...
I’m sorry, but I don’t even care for expiry dates on food, no way am I throwing out a shampoo, bronzer or powder or whatever purely based on the expiry date.

[…]
Nanna is desperately angling for Lizzy Hadfield's audience but that ain't ever going to happen. She never had the body shape (mind you she was slim but not model proportions), looks ( her eyebrows start an inch width distance from her face..), confidence nor originality (not that there is much with Lizzy tbh) to pull off designer potato sacks.
Lizzy has such a small audience (including bought subscribers) and very low engagement, why on earth would Anna want that?

Reactions: 10
But don’t you have to like take your arm out of a sleeve and then you’re half undressed and your wool/acrylic oversized sweater is all bulky around the baby?!
Why would you need to take your arm out? I never bothered with any special breastfeeding garments ( except for nursing bras). I just lifted my top and unclasped my bra cup.

Reactions: 8
What I’m saying about Rosie is that she seems to have embraced where she is in her life without the need to make the baby a feature, but just by including some outfits relevant to her life now. Her breastfeeding friendly outfits look just the same as all her others, it would actually be hard to pick out which post it is on her feed. Her outfits are inspiring to both parents and non parents.

What I think doesn’t work are lifestyle vlogs. A baby is quite literally the centre of your universe, it’s going to be very difficult to not embrace that and be honest about your real lifestyle. Personally I wouldn’t want to be wearing super expensive cashmere jumpers, or playing on the floor, or curling up on the sofa in leather trousers. If I was a new mum I’d want clothes that suited my lifestyle that didn’t look drab and mumsy. There is a place for this kind of content, so many mums struggle with fashion after baby. There is a way to appeal to both audiences. But Anna seems too interested in trying to be someone else, and getting that #AD money of course.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
That's the point though. Nanna doesn't want ppl to look at her like a mum b/c the only influencer mum around the same age that she follows is Lily and she's terrified of losing those beauty/fashion sponsorships/gifts the same way Lily has. What Nanna fails to realise is that Lily's career tanked by her own doing not b/c she had a baby.

Can it be done better? Possibly but the reason this younger influencers like Rose can do breastfeeding outfits and not show the baby (though I'm sure some ask) is b/c she doesn't have the followers who are accustomed to seeing everything about their lives.The OG influencers got their following by being lifestyle influencers with some "beauty" and "fashion bits" sprinkled it but what sustained their engagement was they opened the doors inside their home and private lives full stop and more importantly monetised on that. Nanna decided to go cold turkey and not show that life bc she doesn't want ppl to view her as a "mum" but she fails to realise she needs to up the quality of her content but she won't hence I don't feel sorry for her whatsoever.

Nanna wants ppl to view her like they do Lizzie Hadfield. Yes she has a smaller following on YouTube but she's surpassed Nanna and Lily on IG despite starting later. Yes i'm sure she's bought followers but all of Nanna's outfits and handbags have been inspired by Lizzy she's said it herself a few times. But like I said before ppl will never view her as a fashion influencer.

I think those that still follow Nanna do so as nostalgia and entertainment the same way having a show you watched for years just play on in the background. They're just background noise b/c no way anyone can afford nor want to look like Nanna.

Once an influencer decides to become a full time influencer which are over 90% of all influencers, can you really trust their opinion if they are opening up themselves to all types of ads/sponsorships/collabs for money? They're all salesmen at the end of the day some are better at it some are worse but at the end of the day they are still a salesmen.

Last edited:
Reactions: 22
I could be wrong but I think her little sister and Zoe were friends before youtube

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I really rather they don’t show the baby at all. I don’t understand the point of blurring or putting a sticker on the baby…just don’t share it 🙄 is not rocket science. They want the cake and also eat it.

Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.