The Anna Edit #13 The lying liar who lies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
100% this!

Also she could have done what she did while looking after the baby, he's not moving around yet, just pop him on the floor or in a bouncer and he'd be fine.
She could’ve, but why should she have to? The kid has two parents! The rhetoric that women should be primary caregiver regardless of paternal availability really winds me up - yes, not everyone is in a position to do this, and that’s tit and says far more about the government’s woeful attempts at balanced parental leave than anything else, but for those who can, what’s the issue? Yes, it’s a privilege, but it shouldn’t be.

I’m eight months pregnant with my second, and my husband is fortunately a contractor and in a position to take a few months off following the birth. You can be damn sure I’ll be taking FULL advantage of this, because why martyr yourself when you don’t have to? Cultivating a bond with both parents is important - the only unique selling point I have is the ability to lactate.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
She could’ve, but why should she have to? The kid has two parents! The rhetoric that women should be primary caregiver regardless of paternal availability really winds me up - yes, not everyone is in a position to do this, and that’s tit and says far more about the government’s woeful attempts at balanced parental leave than anything else, but for those who can, what’s the issue? Yes, it’s a privilege, but it shouldn’t be.

I’m eight months pregnant with my second, and my husband is fortunately a contractor and in a position to take a few months off following the birth. You can be damn sure I’ll be taking FULL advantage of this, because why martyr yourself when you don’t have to? Cultivating a bond with both parents is important - the only unique selling point I have is the ability to lactate.
Yeah of course, but I'm meaning for those parents who don't have that, male or female. I am lucky enough to have a super supportive husband, but there are still times where one or other of us has to leave the house early or travel for business or whatever.
She was making out like she was in a mad rush and that was with having someone else look after the baby, it's just not a relatable situation for a lot of people is the point I was making.

Reactions: 27
I quite like the fact that she said now it's gonna be baby stuff so go ahead to --:-- to skip ahead, because I have no interest in baby stuff. Now can she do that for when Mark appears too? please?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Yeah of course, but I'm meaning for those parents who don't have that, male or female. I am lucky enough to have a super supportive husband, but there are still times where one or other of us has to leave the house early or travel for business or whatever.
She was making out like she was in a mad rush and that was with having someone else look after the baby, it's just not a relatable situation for a lot of people is the point I was making.
Yeah, agree with you there, and I think it’s important for influencers to acknowledge that their position immediately post-childbirth is often not the norm (although it shouldn’t be viewed as a privilege either - it should be the de facto, and we are doing an incredibly tit job as a country in this respect). But I def don’t think anyone should be an apologist for simply having two hands on parents available!

Reactions: 5
100% this!

Also she could have done what she did while looking after the baby, he's not moving around yet, just pop him on the floor or in a bouncer and he'd be fine.
She could’ve, but why should she have to?
That's the point - she doesn't have to, and nor should she have to since her husband is around 24/7, but throughout the video she acts like a harried single mum who doesn't have a minute to herself. She has to have a quick breakfast 'on the go,' she barely has time to wash her hair or do her make-up etc. She's trying so hard to be relatable but in order to do this she has to tell a pack of lies! It's all so completely disingenuous.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
And the fact that she referred to her smoothie as “breakfast on the go.” You’re not going anywhere you twit! You are literally in your house, going into the room next door, to add affiliate links to your Instagram, while your jobless husband tends to the baby next door.
Also she drinks it in the toilet. What a weirdo. 5 bed house and she had to drink it in the toilet where she tit and pee.

The Super Speedy Beauty Edit: From Head To Toe
Now when I say speedy, I *mean* speedy…
This post contains ad affiliate links (denoted by a ‘*’) & gifted items (denoted by ‘ad - gifted). You can read my full disclaimer here.
fullsizeoutput_11c09.jpg

You don’t need me to give you the ‘new parent I have no time‘ spiel, but seriously people aren’t lying when they say that. These babies will only entertain themselves for an approximately two minute window in which I can now somehow load washing, make a morning smoothie and brush my teeth in. It’s miraculous what you can do without procrastination, it really is. So my beauty routine has been whittled down like never before and although there were a few weeks where if I even managed to cleanse my face it was a small miracle, I’ve now settled into a mini slimmed-down morning routine that makes me feel and look awake even when I’ve been up since 4am. TA-DAH! So today I thought I’d share my super speedy beauty edit from head to toe that makes me feel like an actual human again…
TheAnnaEdit-6216-Speedy-Beauty-Edit.jpg

TheAnnaEdit-6224-Speedy-Beauty-Edit.jpg

THE SHOWER
Before the little lad arrived I remember reading a blog post by Caroline where she mentioned the ‘Pyjama and Shower‘ rule. If you’re due to have a baby anytime soon I highly recommend a read and DAMN SHE IS SO RIGHT. You really, really need a shower everyday – even if you do just get into fresh pyjamas afterwards. It sounds completely obvious but when you’re really in the thick of it sometimes even just thinking about the energy it takes to stand up in the shower is enough to knacker you out, but have the shower – I always felt all the better for it. These days I keep my shower, body and hair routine extremely simple. Firstly a douche with the Kiehl’s Made For All Body Wash*, then I’ve discovered that the Beauty Pie Detox Shampoo* is just as good as other clarifying formulas I use and like half the price so I give my hair a rinse with that every other day. Then once I’m out the shower I rub the Susanne Kaufmann Stretch Mark Oil* on my belly (yes I’m still on that train!), throw on some deodorant, dry my hair if I’ve washed it and we’re done. Once a week I try and do a layer of the Tax-Luxe The Gradual* all over just because it makes me feel good and a Sunday bath always goes down well and I’m very happy to have the Therapie Himalayan Detox Salts* back in my life.
Actually I’m missing out a huge part of my beauty routine here – HAND CREAM! Oh my word when there is a newborn baby around you are washing your hands ALL. THE. TIME and I don’t think my hands have ever been so dry. Mark and I both love the Kiehl’s Ultimate Strength Hand Salve* (ad – gifted), but he has the Kiehl’s Richly Hydrating Scented Hand Cream in Grapefruit* (ad – gifted) in his bedside drawer and I badger him to let me use it before bed every night because it smells so ridiculously good.
SHOP THE SHOWER*

<
uAamOFhhxwTxzE93XLi..hLre_Zu_2cabIUPwSDoCieuJy4TIO.jpg
SSR7urdLA1GU.wMPiRLC7zy.4n_gteF.NeRx5kw.MsdiHHc2wB.jpg
Jzz0qmkcD6e2usHJhr8R8U3oIdsohAUHh7K1wEXbhCAI_MSDj_.jpg
Ff60b1.cYQM1ZwAZLMCmPfhMHkmkJxQfEF.EE19QczExCg64qI.jpg
RGXF4DjJY0jn4EpkOdWrHfmN8U4nESkfadQw0mhl2.X5MtkUXy.jpg
PX8pOo43fo62.W26dtcVKdXpoQbj2B8BKdV2myHqWiloziNAqD.jpg
o.8Nhb02i8W4b.AcpaQaBw8_O7LjG6i7gyzAM4EO.lgCbiTJY3.jpg

>

TheAnnaEdit-6200-Speedy-Beauty-Edit.jpg

TheAnnaEdit-6235-Speedy-Beauty-Edit.jpg

THE SKINCARE
Whereas my shower routine has been pretty standard, my skincare is a little all over the place so I’ll share a sort of ‘in the middle‘ routine; sometimes I do more and other times just use one or two products for the AM or PM. For both morning and night I try my hardest to cleanse and I’m still loving the Kiehl’s Centella Sensitive Facial Cleanser*, then I follow that with some kind of spray like the Dr Jart Ceramidin Spray Mist* (ad – gifted), and then an eye cream because DAMN my eyes are taking a battering right now and I’m currently using the Beauty Pie Triple Hyaluronic Acid Lifting Eye Serum* (ad – gifted). If it’s the morning then I sometimes follow this with some kind of Niacinamide and Hyaluronic Acid serums, then a moisturiser or oil and finish it off with the Beauty Pie Super Healthy Skin Feather Light SPF 50* or if it’s the evening I go straight in with the Allies of Skin Promise Keeper Blemish Facial* and call it a day. But really the bare bones are a cleanse, spray and SPF in the morning and a cleanse and the Allies of Skinproduct in the evening.
SHOP THE SKINCARE*

<
kjpH0Ar.hK9YYcxHpQWjuPMFkDIh9BZLH5u9awAaZa6tpo6en3.jpg
S_h1sfyjd7FekyMEfjgdM0doclW.Cnq_LCJ2vuk80mNiIJ5MbN.jpg

>

TheAnnaEdit-6229-Speedy-Beauty-Edit.jpg

TheAnnaEdit-6192-Speedy-Beauty-Edit.jpg

THE MAKEUP
I might not wear makeup everyday, but sometimes I just fancy a bit of a face, you know? And whenever I do get a chance to throw some slap on it just makes me feel good. I use just a handful of products, use one or two brushes and can apply it basically with my eyes closed. First up MAC Face + Body in C2*, squirted onto a flat-top kabuki and applied it all over. It just gives a light coverage and a bit of glow when I need it most. Concealer-wise I’ve had to step it up a bit so now dab on the Dior Forever Skin Correct Creamy Concealer in 2N*. This is actually great just on it’s own when I can’t be arsed to apply a foundation underneath. Next I do some bronzer – I’m currently using the Marc Jacobs Bronzer in Tan-Tastic* (ad – gifted) – and I just use a big powder brush to dust that all over. Then I use the Patrick Ta Major Brow Lamination Gel* which is just absolutely incredible, put a bit of bronzer over my eyelids with a small fluffy brush, apply some Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill Wet Waterproof Mascara*, then whatever lip balm I have hanging around (actually the Hermes Rosy Lip Enhancer in 30 is proper lush, if not ludicrously priced!), and I’m ready. Finito and ready to sing Old McDonald for the 188th time that day.
SHOP THE MAKEUP*

<

>
Photos by Mark Newton

OLDER POST
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Also she drinks it in the toilet. What a weirdo. 5 bed house and she had to drink it in the toilet where she tit and pee.

This post contains ad affiliate links (denoted by a ‘*’) & gifted items (denoted by ‘ad - gifted). You can read my full disclaimer here.
View attachment 867180
You don’t need me to give you the ‘new parent I have no time‘ spiel, but seriously people aren’t lying when they say that. These babies will only entertain themselves for an approximately two minute window in which I can now somehow load washing, make a morning smoothie and brush my teeth in. It’s miraculous what you can do without procrastination, it really is. So my beauty routine has been whittled down like never before and although there were a few weeks where if I even managed to cleanse my face it was a small miracle, I’ve now settled into a mini slimmed-down morning routine that makes me feel and look awake even when I’ve been up since 4am. TA-DAH! So today I thought I’d share my super speedy beauty edit from head to toe that makes me feel like an actual human again…
View attachment 867181
View attachment 867182
THE SHOWER
Before the little lad arrived I remember reading a blog post by Caroline where she mentioned the ‘Pyjama and Shower‘ rule. If you’re due to have a baby anytime soon I highly recommend a read and DAMN SHE IS SO RIGHT. You really, really need a shower everyday – even if you do just get into fresh pyjamas afterwards. It sounds completely obvious but when you’re really in the thick of it sometimes even just thinking about the energy it takes to stand up in the shower is enough to knacker you out, but have the shower – I always felt all the better for it. These days I keep my shower, body and hair routine extremely simple. Firstly a douche with the Kiehl’s Made For All Body Wash*, then I’ve discovered that the Beauty Pie Detox Shampoo* is just as good as other clarifying formulas I use and like half the price so I give my hair a rinse with that every other day. Then once I’m out the shower I rub the Susanne Kaufmann Stretch Mark Oil* on my belly (yes I’m still on that train!), throw on some deodorant, dry my hair if I’ve washed it and we’re done. Once a week I try and do a layer of the Tax-Luxe The Gradual* all over just because it makes me feel good and a Sunday bath always goes down well and I’m very happy to have the Therapie Himalayan Detox Salts* back in my life.
Actually I’m missing out a huge part of my beauty routine here – HAND CREAM! Oh my word when there is a newborn baby around you are washing your hands ALL. THE. TIME and I don’t think my hands have ever been so dry. Mark and I both love the Kiehl’s Ultimate Strength Hand Salve* (ad – gifted), but he has the Kiehl’s Richly Hydrating Scented Hand Cream in Grapefruit* (ad – gifted) in his bedside drawer and I badger him to let me use it before bed every night because it smells so ridiculously good.
SHOP THE SHOWER*

<
View attachment 867183 View attachment 867184 View attachment 867185 View attachment 867186 View attachment 867187 View attachment 867188 View attachment 867189
>

View attachment 867190
View attachment 867191
THE SKINCARE
Whereas my shower routine has been pretty standard, my skincare is a little all over the place so I’ll share a sort of ‘in the middle‘ routine; sometimes I do more and other times just use one or two products for the AM or PM. For both morning and night I try my hardest to cleanse and I’m still loving the Kiehl’s Centella Sensitive Facial Cleanser*, then I follow that with some kind of spray like the Dr Jart Ceramidin Spray Mist* (ad – gifted), and then an eye cream because DAMN my eyes are taking a battering right now and I’m currently using the Beauty Pie Triple Hyaluronic Acid Lifting Eye Serum* (ad – gifted). If it’s the morning then I sometimes follow this with some kind of Niacinamide and Hyaluronic Acid serums, then a moisturiser or oil and finish it off with the Beauty Pie Super Healthy Skin Feather Light SPF 50* or if it’s the evening I go straight in with the Allies of Skin Promise Keeper Blemish Facial* and call it a day. But really the bare bones are a cleanse, spray and SPF in the morning and a cleanse and the Allies of Skinproduct in the evening.
SHOP THE SKINCARE*

<
View attachment 867192 View attachment 867193
>

View attachment 867194
View attachment 867195
THE MAKEUP
I might not wear makeup everyday, but sometimes I just fancy a bit of a face, you know? And whenever I do get a chance to throw some slap on it just makes me feel good. I use just a handful of products, use one or two brushes and can apply it basically with my eyes closed. First up MAC Face + Body in C2*, squirted onto a flat-top kabuki and applied it all over. It just gives a light coverage and a bit of glow when I need it most. Concealer-wise I’ve had to step it up a bit so now dab on the Dior Forever Skin Correct Creamy Concealer in 2N*. This is actually great just on it’s own when I can’t be arsed to apply a foundation underneath. Next I do some bronzer – I’m currently using the Marc Jacobs Bronzer in Tan-Tastic* (ad – gifted) – and I just use a big powder brush to dust that all over. Then I use the Patrick Ta Major Brow Lamination Gel* which is just absolutely incredible, put a bit of bronzer over my eyelids with a small fluffy brush, apply some Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill Wet Waterproof Mascara*, then whatever lip balm I have hanging around (actually the Hermes Rosy Lip Enhancer in 30 is proper lush, if not ludicrously priced!), and I’m ready. Finito and ready to sing Old McDonald for the 188th time that day.
SHOP THE MAKEUP*

<

>
Photos by Mark Newton

OLDER POST
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
YOU DON'T HAVE YELLOW UNDERTONES ANNA STOP PAINTING YOURSELF LIKE A PUMPKIN AAARGH

Also no offense but every photo but one is out of focus or the focus is on a weird part like her sleeve or the bedsheet???

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
Her skin looks so splotchy, like she has fallen in a puddle face first and didn't bother to have a bleeping wash.
Also, pink lipstick + orange face = 2000 Clown

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I really don't understand why Anna is so busy. I can understand her being tired, particularly if she is breastfeeding and so solely being responsible for all the feeds. There are two young healthy adults looking after a healthy baby full time. For the last two months of Ralph's life they haven't been working so could concentrate on him solely. Why is she so busy?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
Amused by Anna saying she has “a douche” - yes I know it’s French for shower, but does she not know about the other meaning of douching?! 🙈

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 39

View attachment 867180
View attachment 867181
View attachment 867182
THE SHOWER
SHOP THE SHOWER*

<
View attachment 867183 View attachment 867184 View attachment 867185 View attachment 867186 View attachment 867187 View attachment 867188 View attachment 867189
>

View attachment 867190
View attachment 867191
THE SKINCARE
SHOP THE SKINCARE*

<
View attachment 867192 View attachment 867193
>

View attachment 867194
View attachment 867195
THE MAKEUP
SHOP THE MAKEUP*

<

>
Photos by Mark Newton

OLDER POST
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
A very small point, and probably just Anna over exaggerating but the kiehls grapefruit hand cream that she’s mentioned in her newest video and now that blog post that Mark is apparently obsessed with and she has to beg and steal for one drop of (🙄) was gifted - so does Controlling Mark go through her PR first and take what he wants before Anna gets a chance??? Aware this is all most likely Anna exaggerating things but surely she should get to try things first

reminds me of when they moved and Mark hung all of his clothes up first and used all of the hangers so Anna couldn’t do hers

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Wow I thought that Hermes lip gloss was a bad joke... she really thinks a relatable supermum on the go invests in one.

Plus, how is she so busy and rushing if there are 2 (at least) grown ups at home almost 24/7 - weird.
She is either really dumb or decided long time ago to treat us like sheltered idiots.

Reactions: 13
A very small point, and probably just Anna over exaggerating but the kiehls grapefruit hand cream that she’s mentioned in her newest video and now that blog post that Mark is apparently obsessed with and she has to beg and steal for one drop of (🙄) was gifted - so does Controlling Mark go through her PR first and take what he wants before Anna gets a chance??? Aware this is all most likely Anna exaggerating things but surely she should get to try things first

reminds me of when they moved and Mark hung all of his clothes up first and used all of the hangers so Anna couldn’t do hers
I can be wrong but I think that AD/gifted is also when the brands send you preloaded gift cards. Then influencers spend as they wish. So he can take the gift card and buy his beloved grapefruit hand cream from KIEHL'S

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.