The Anna Edit #12 Growing a human is tiring, for the sloppy crotch shot Mark needs firing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Y’know, there is a bit of me that admires Anna a bit for committing to maternity leave so wholeheartedly. You wouldn’t expect someone in a ’normal’ job to be available for work so fair play to her, she’s taking that time out that she’s entitled to and that’s actually quite a good example to set. You do wonder though how it will work with the influencing, the public have short memories and she’s going to have to work quite hard to pick it all up. Or maybe she’s decided to retire gracefully from it all, which again I would have respect for especially if she’s doing it to give her kid some privacy.

I know none of this is likely to be the real reason but I can dream, can’t I?

Reactions: 31
Depending on how much deposit they had and the monthly repayments, she could retire from influencing and mark could go back to an engineering (?) job. They could’ve been very clever, but I doubt it.

Reactions: 17
I think she’s banking on the curiosity of people to see those first few (very carefully planned) videos (meet my baby, my birth story, life with a newborn, my baby essentials, my new mum wardrobe), hook everyone back in and then start interspersing that with lucrative Black Friday / Xmas run up content (planning my baby’s first Christmas with Waitrose & Partners lol).

I have no interest in the content but curious to see how it comes off and then how she chooses to market herself from there on. She doesn’t seem the type to develop a spin off channel (like Katherine ormerod’s mamalovesgrey which I think works really well for her but she’s not a full time influencer) but I don’t think she’ll want to morph into mummy blogger territory either. And witnessing Lily drift into no man’s land due to a lack of strategic direction / sheer laziness will have been a lesson. I’ve mentioned before I think Liv Purvis’ approach is a good one - ‘yes I’m a mother but it doesn’t define me as an influencer’ perhaps sums it up.

First video back on 31st October maybe? Too soon? Or 7 November would make it exactly (bar one day) three months since the last one, which I’m guessing she’d like.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Y’know, there is a bit of me that admires Anna a bit for committing to maternity leave so wholeheartedly. You wouldn’t expect someone in a ’normal’ job to be available for work so fair play to her, she’s taking that time out that she’s entitled to and that’s actually quite a good example to set. You do wonder though how it will work with the influencing, the public have short memories and she’s going to have to work quite hard to pick it all up. Or maybe she’s decided to retire gracefully from it all, which again I would have respect for especially if she’s doing it to give her kid some privacy.

Yeah, I don't have a problem with Anna staying offline for however long she wants. Or even forever! I'm not sure I can imagine her (or Mark) giving up the easy life, though. There are just too many perks. If Anna was to retire from influencing, then Mark would have to go back to working a full-time actual job, and I just can't see that happening. I don't see Anna working hard to pick things up either - I think those days are gone. I can see her focusing more on IG where the money making is quick and easy.

The best thing Anna can do for her baby, in my opinion, is to keep him offline. If anyone follows Jim Chapman, then you'll know what the alternative looks like, and it ain't pretty! For those that don't follow him, then just know that his baby was featured in an IG ad at just three weeks old. We'll see how Anna is moving forward...

What I do want to know is why Anna decided to show up on IG one afternoon and ask for questions for the Q&A that never was. Did she have second thoughts about sharing details about Ralph, birth etc? She hasn't been seen on IG since.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 35

Seeing how lazy she, well, both of them, were even before the baby was born there's nothing to admire here. I could be wrong, but I bet she's using giving birth as an excuse to do duck all without having to explain her laziness to her followers (this is not to say that women who just gave birth don't need rest, etc. but she's been half-arsing her work yonks before).
Not sure what Mark's excuse is.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I personally have a thing against youtubers who are mums or dads and who feature their kids (even the back of the head Lilly!) because that AD will eventually come and it just makes me sooo angry. Using babies for money is a NO.

Sad that I'm eventually gonna stop watching her.. I already started losing interest with Mark's invasion of her channel and IG... sad cause she seriously was one of my faves :sneaky:

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
Yeah, I don't have a problem with Anna staying offline for however long she wants. Or even forever! I'm not sure I can imagine her (or Mark) giving up the easy life, though. There are just too many perks. If Anna was to retire from influencing, then Mark would have to go back to working a full-time actual job, and I just can't see that happening. I don't see Anna working hard to pick things up either - I think those days are gone. I can see her focusing more on IG where the money making is quick and easy.

The best thing Anna can do for her baby, in my opinion, is to keep him offline. If anyone follows Jim Chapman, then you'll know what the alternative looks like, and it ain't pretty! For those that don't follow him, then just know that his baby was featured in an IG ad at just three weeks old. We'll see how Anna is moving forward...

What I do want to know is why Anna decided to show up on IG one afternoon and ask for questions for the Q&A that never was. Did she have second thoughts about sharing details about Ralph, birth etc? She hasn't been seen on IG since.
To add, Mark would have a bad time trying to find a job in his ex-field. Afaik he has his master's degree (although I only heard Anna say he studied for it but him graduating would've coincided with him starting work for her so idk if he actually has it) but never worked in his field bar the few years between his bachelor's and when he started working for her. So not a lot of experience coupled with not having worked in that field is not a great prerequisite. Don't think they have a lot of choice than to milk her career until it stops spitting out money.

Reactions: 19
Yep. Sitting alone in a field still waiting for that Q&A to happen. 😢
sooo not hyper-organized, super together, virgo-positive-vibes-only of her :cry:

i'm all for her taking a proper mat leave and taking whatever time away she needs, but i HAAAAATE when influencers make desperate attempts at engagement when they're 'on a break' as if their audience doesn't know exactly what they're doing... like lily and her 'plan my vlog' schtick. just an easy way to gain engagement. yuck.

Reactions: 11
Seeing how lazy she, well, both of them, were even before the baby was born there's nothing to admire here. I could be wrong, but I bet she's using giving birth as an excuse to do duck all without having to explain her laziness to her followers (this is not to say that women who just gave birth don't need rest, etc. but she's been half-arsing her work yonks before).
Not sure what Mark's excuse is.
Busy bird watching? Harvesting potatoes? Learning Esperanto? Certainly not doing anything useful.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I agree. It’s good she is actually serious about the maternity leave. BUT you would have thought our favourite super organised Virgo would have at least some stuff per-recorded to keep up with her channel. Batch cooking/baking, garden sorting, renovation content, Q&A…… even just one 12min video per month would be good to keep your place in the minds of people.
As for Mark…. I hope he is busy serving her food, doing the washing, parenting his child, putting the heating on, supporting her if she is still finding her groove and finding is own groove as a father.
I hope they are doing fine, and the silence is not because something went downhill. But we would have heard it from Lily by now. I wonder if they already realised they might have prioritised the wrong renovations or regret the single glazing. Maybe they are living in a wonderful warm, triple glazed hotel suite atm while the much needed renovations are actually going happening.

Reactions: 13
The thing that winds me up is that she really emphasised how she will have no income during maternity leave but she is the one who dictates her income being self employed. If mothers in the UK didn’t get any income during maternity leave (including statutory maternity pay) the vast majority would go back to work and many do after a few months purely because the amount they receive lessens.

Reactions: 19
The thing that winds me up is that she really emphasised how she will have no income during maternity leave but she is the one who dictates her income being self employed. If mothers in the UK didn’t get any income during maternity leave (including statutory maternity pay) the vast majority would go back to work and many do after a few months purely because the amount they receive lessens.
Plus the fact that it’s just blatantly false that she’s making no money. What about all the aff links sprinkled around her socials. That passive income might not be much, but it’s definitely more than £0!

And book sales of course, although probably not a reliable source of income 😂

Reactions: 21
I doubt she’s still making any money from book sales, as she would have received her advance a long, long time ago. And I don’t think it sold so well to still need reprints, surely?

Reactions: 7
I doubt she’s still making any money from book sales, as she would have received her advance a long, long time ago. And I don’t think it sold so well to still need reprints, surely?
No, you’re right. I was just being a jerk 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.