The Anna Edit #11 Dusty, musty, fusty and content very rusty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It seems so weird to me. Anna seems the sort that won’t buy anything because she so used to getting stuff gifted so what a weird life it’d be that you’ve got your Freddie’s Flowers, Hello Fresh meals and Kiehl’s shower gel but no loo roll or bog-standard household stuff. I can’t quite get my head around how Anna and Mark mange their finances and increasingly they are coming across as totally short-sighted. I guess it’s entirely possible that if they’ve been paying themselves 300k for a few years (and if they made a reasonable profit on their last house) then the mortgage on their house is quite small or non-existent, but long-term you wonder what they’ll do when it all dries up. Neither of them seem like they’d want to go back into standard employment and even assuming they can fund the house refund, that’s a big house in terms of ongoing costs.

I’m probably just really naive in terms of how much they’re actually earning (and how much they can write off as a ‘business expense’ on top of that, but it seems dangerous to me to bank on this kind of fame lasting. One really stupid post or comment could end it all.
But then they will have still made much more than they would have ever made in most regular office jobs.

• Angry
Reactions: 6
They would have savings! I can go 6 months leave too and she works for the past 10 years, she wouldn’t starve.
If Mark continues working hard on his gardening he could always have a market stall if they get desperate. 😉
Lol the very mean me hope that wind or rain will destroy his garden.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I think they want to move to a different and more sustainable audience, not so tied to fashion and beauty.
I follow quite a few sustainable / more sustainable influencers, and I think it’s unlikely that she’ll ever really go that direction because most truly sustainable brands wouldn’t be caught dead working with her. I think they’d know better than to work with her or it’d be like when plus sized brand 11 Honoré worked with Lena Dunham and their entire fan base revolted.

But then they will have still made much more than they would have ever made in most regular office jobs.
Also I remember her saying she’s been working with an accountant since she first started making money on YouTube (like she said her dad marched her down to an accountant, which I assume he then paid for till she could?), so they’ve probably talked this over with someone who knows money way better than them. I assume at this point she has an accountant through Gleam and they’ll be used to this nonsense.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
She's signing off "for a bit of rest". Also I hate that 'the one with' Friends episode title rip off. Everything she does is lazy and unimaginative.
But wait, she’s saying follow me on IG for updates? Is it just the videos she’s quitting? Because those are probably not as profitable these days anyway.

Or maybe she just means she’ll announce the birth there.

Reactions: 17
I follow quite a few sustainable / more sustainable influencers, and I think it’s unlikely that she’ll ever really go that direction because most truly sustainable brands wouldn’t be caught dead working with her. I think they’d know better than to work with her or it’d be like when plus sized brand 11 Honoré worked with Lena Dunham and their entire fan base revolted.

Also I remember her saying she’s been working with an accountant since she first started making money on YouTube (like she said her dad marched her down to an accountant, which I assume he then paid for till she could?), so they’ve probably talked this over with someone who knows money way better than them. I assume at this point she has an accountant through Gleam and they’ll be used to this nonsense.
I don’t think Gleam will provide an accountant for her finances. And personally, I would not want that either. I’d keep those things separate.

I didn’t mean sustainable as in the environment. I meant sustainable as in, being able to keep as audience in the future. Her current audience is growing out of this influencer business. But if you target more ageless topics, such as garden and house, you may have better chances in the long run.

Reactions: 9
I don’t think Gleam will provide an accountant for her finances. And personally, I would not want that either. I’d keep those things separate.

I didn’t mean sustainable as in the environment. I meant sustainable as in, being able to keep as audience in the future. Her current audience is growing out of this influencer business. But if you target more ageless topics, such as garden and house, you may have better chances in the long run.
Sorry I misunderstood about sustainability! Yeah I guess they might not, but I wouldn't be surprised if Gleam has associates they recommend to their clients. I still think she probably has a financial advisor who's told her it's possible for her to take 3-5 months off without it having a negative impact financially. Ofc if they're not versed in 'influencer' they may not realise how much that could affect her following.

Reactions: 7
Going on maternity leave from what? Working 30 minutes, taking pictures of tomatoes and showing us her mouldy house? Please.
😂

‘Going on maternity leave from what?’ - next thread title.

Honestly the earnings figures being mentioned here nearly made me spit out my coffee. The amount these ‘influencers’ make for doing SFA is obscene. Surely it’s a bubble that has to burst eventually.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
I could be misremembering but I think Anna shared her reaction to finding out she was pregnant in that first trimester vlog - as in she had just taken the pregnancy test and then filmed her reaction. I think that probably counts as oversharing. I mean, shouldn't that have been a private moment? Then again, she went into detail about the conception on the podcast. She massively overshared with her 'crying after sex' comment, while Lily just sat back and laughed. I'm sure there must have been more oversharing, but I can't recall. She was also super smug in that video re: hiding her pregnancy from viewers, saying that kids were something that might happen 'one day' when she was already pregnant etc. Guess what, Anna? We knew you were pregnant MONTHS before you announced it!

However, I think the real reason she made that video private over all others is because of the 'karma' comment. She has to have received some negative feedback for that one! At least I hope so!

Reactions: 33
Has the podcast episode where she talks about crying after having sex been taken down too?

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Has the podcast episode where she talks about crying after having sex been taken down too?
No it’s still up. She talks about her “good karma moment” in that first trimester podcast too so I doubt that’s the reason she put the video on private.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
No it’s still up. She talks about her “good karma moment” in that first trimester podcast too so I doubt that’s the reason she put the video on private.
You're right, she does. I just listened back to that part of the podcast to see if they'd removed the 'crying after sex' bit and she mentions a 'lucky karma moment.'

Could be that she just felt she'd shared too much in that vlog -maybe something private that none of us actually remember - and doesn't even realise that her 'karma' comment was massively inappropriate.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Agreed - she is too ashamed to show how much of the nursery is kindly gifted. It’s nothing to do with being sensitive, she just doesn’t want to show how much of a grabby cow she really is!
See and I was thinking the opposite. They bought stuff themselves so have no obligation to do a video about the nursery 🤷🏻‍♀️ And let’s be real, it won’t be done by the time the baby is born so that throws off her whole “maternity leave”. We’ll get it in time for Baby #2, when Fig is off to Grade 1.

Whatever the case, she would get reamed for how sparse and boring and colorless the space is. She’s in a very precarious situation now guys. Her mental health couldn’t take it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.