The 2 Johnnies The GAA Catfish

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Cora pics were stolen from @average.sezzle on insta
This is story is so confusing but I am hooked! A few news outlets reported the photos belonging to a Madison cubbert or something so I had a gawk at her page as well as the one above. I thought the lads mentioned that the other characters were based off friends the actual Cora had in irl. I don’t see any friends on either. (Maybe I’m too invested 🤣)
As soon as I heard the first episode I thought this girls real identity would be outted eventually, Irelands too small to get away with something at that level!
I think this thread will be full of stories from others who have ran in circles with ‘Nikki’ once word gets out.

Reactions: 7
I thoguht two accounts she was stealing pics from are 'emsysmeyes' for "Emma" and 'christieabrown' as "Cora"
These 2 girls are from England and are friends therefore loads of pics together, plus JohnnyB follows the pair of them now.

Reactions: 18
Well this, is absolute madness. This has shook me and my fiancé to the core, because, not only did we know who she was from that clip of the phonecall. We also went to University with her, and my fiancé was one her friends during her time at university.

To say our minds were blown is an understatement. Nikki attended Ulster University in Co. Derry, can’t remember what she was studying for or graduating in but she had fully thrown herself into the Gaelic side of the university, involving herself in the football aswell as camoige. She claimed to have played before but my fiancé, who has played both ball and camoige, was able to sus out she never touched a hurl in her life and could barely boot a ball.

From this podcast, you can see how there was a similar line of “targeting” done at the university. Nikki had gone out of her way to make sure she was heavily involved with an individual running in a student campaign for a position within the University. Because there were several people publicly going for this position, it was University wide, based on this podcast, she definitely wanted to make sure that she was clung to this persons arm throughout the entire campaign because of how a high profile university wide this campaign was. This individual was heavily involved in the GAA both in and outside the University, he definitely had some connections with county players from Derry and throughout the North. My fiancé, who at the time was involved in the GAA and joined the university camoige team was now in connection with Nikki, the student and my fiancé.
The student wins the campaign and Nikki and the student are now an item, 100% in a relationship.

The student was big into the GAA in the uni and my fiancé supported his campaign from the beginning until he won. Throughout this time my fiancé spent a lot of time with Nikki and at one point even defended her over and incident which now looking back on, was clearly a doing of her own. Throughout this time my fiancé and some of Nikkis friends were beginning to get suspicious about certain activities regarding Nikki being unfaithful to this student. After some sleuthing by my fiancé and her friends they find out she has been texting well known county footballers, unknown whether or not the student knew them but, it was discovered that she was indeed texting these footballers. Now that they knew, they had to make it concrete before confronting anybody about what was going on. Through this detective work they find that she had been texting a well known NI sportsman(not GAA) under a different alias than her own, how this came about I’m not too sure, Nikki clearly let up and had her guard down during this point. They had evidence that she was texting several people not from her own account but from one that my fiancé saw with her own eyes. Brittany.

What makes this part mental for us is that (they mention this in podcast) she had obviously said to this sportstar that she was going to attend the funeral of his brother who had tragically passed. The sportstar believing her assumed she would be at the funeral. But oh no, there was an excuse, but who was available and free to go on their behalf? Nikki. Now to confirm this story, I have a detail only this sportstar would know. Nikki, gave a necklace/bracelet to this sportstar who was grieving a loss, and said to him “This is from Brittany, she’s so sorry she couldn’t be here”.

My fiancé and her friends made the arrangement to get Nikki face to face and confront her about what was going on, at this point the girls have found the messages, they contacted the sportstar to tell Him what was going on and they contacted the university to let them know what they found. Turns out the university had to deal with something earlier in the year regarding Nikki, and that they had information that this “catfishing” went as far as a secondary school when she was about 15/16.

My fiancé got Nikki to the apartment above where we were living, they sat her down and gave her all the receipts of everything they found out and how they found and essentially gave her a bollocking for ruining the students life she was with and for being mentally ill, she denied it but my fiancé never let up. She got grilled to the point where my fiancé said “Show us the messages” which under so much pressure from the grilling, she did.
She opened up her phone, logged into the Brittany account and showed them the messages. Unbelievable

The 2 johnnies can get in contact if they want more because there is more. But I can’t believe I thought I heard the end of her back in 2014/2015, I am shook that It is indeed her.
Again this story is proving she should be named so people can be aware as she clearly is not learning when she’s called out by friends

Reactions: 11
Guys just half way through , what about the people in the house ? Nikki housemates that Johnny had breakfast with ? Why didn’t they tell him Cora was fake ?

Guys just half way through , what about the people in the house ? Nikki housemates that Johnny had breakfast with ? Why didn’t they tell him Cora was fake ?
Never mind just got to that part now !!

If you keep listening Johnny ends up speaking to them and they didn't know she was fake, they thought she was a friend of "nikki" but had obviously never met her.

Reactions: 5
I tell you something, there are people walking around Tipp and Limerick with dirty holes! Not wrong!

I wonder does “Nikki” actually believe herself what she is doing is wrong and denies it to others when confronted or actually believes herself the lies she tells? She reminds me of addicts say like an alcoholic who know they have a problem but cannot admit it to themselves or sometimes addicts know they have an issue but down play it.
That or my other theory is she is enjoying the attention from it.
Not really sure what can be done as she has lost potential jobs from this behaviour so really is destroying her own life as well as being a nuisance to others.
Can I ask what the idolising of country GAA players is about with girls? Can’t wrap my head around that. Sure some are good looking but is it the pride of “my fella plays/ represents my county” or do girls still idolise WAG culture like in the early 2000s?
Hopefully in the future laws can be change regarding cat fishing like how it is now illegal to share nude photos to others.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
Something else that stands out to me - while "Nikki" has been catfishing since at least 2014 from what we can gather she seems to have been caught out within a reasonable period of time by most "victims". The only one who was "duped" for such an extended period of time was Football Paul. I feel like there is a whole world of info re Nikki and Paul that we are not yet privy to. Anyone from "Pauls" locale who can offer up anything they may have heard???

Reactions: 23
This stuff is completely fascinating, l am hookey hooked on the pod and this thread!

There are so many discussion points its hard to know where to begin :ROFLMAO:
Here are my thoughts, not that it here nor there but anyhoo.
  • She is a woman deceiving Men. I think that if the gender role was reversed in this narrative, it would be a much more highlighted topical/issue. Was happy to see this already raised in the thread. As a woman that champions equality l think that is kind of a bummer.
  • Friends, Family: It is impossible to believe they didn't know what was going on esp if she displayed these tendencies from a young age. As an akward young one growing up country, most of us can relate to fantasizing about being with the coolest GAA player to bring us fame and fortune. To carry these "wonderful notions" into Adulthood is quite shocking.
  • The lengths that she went to keep up the multiple facades, most days l find it hard remember the pin code to my ATM card, never mind texting multiple people under different aliases, on top of a full time Job. Guess is she hasn't much times for hobbies, cooking......or real friends.
  • Footballer Paul, was he had by her realized and still engaged. What was he gaining from being a part of it. What is he/she covering up?
  • Public Shaming: It is obvious as a chocolate teapot is useful that the girl has serious Issues. Moreover, after repeated attempts of deception is is clear that she has clearly gained not even a minuscule amount of empathy. Should she be publicly shamed called out on her actions and set a precedent/deterrent for any other would be Cat Fishers? Like when she had the cheek to set up a fake Garda account and reach out to Johnny B after the whole outing! Like the limit knows no bounds.

Reactions: 17
For all their wrongdoings, and yes they should be punished. Put that to one side - I want to know how Nikki and the Tinder Swindler kept track of all of these lives they live. If they worked together and used their skills for good we would have had Covid sorted in those two weeks of March 2020.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
This will definitely blow up bigger than what the 2
johnnies will realise but that’s not on them, Johnny was the victim in this and he’s not responsible for her actions or any future actions . This girl has no empathy , she’s a narcissist and she will never change .

Reactions: 33
How were all the photos found ?! Is Nikki on here 🤣🙈

How did you figure this out and get all these pics ?
Looks like Ireland is just a small place and commenters on this thread immediately knew who she was, there are likely so many more men we don’t know about.
Football Paul though…. The damning question for me is why was there still a pic up of her sitting on his lap on her instagram this week? (which she took down by Monday, fair play btw to the tattle sleuths who screenshotted her profiles before she deleted it)

Was he just friends with ‘Nicki’ because he felt
It brought him closer to “Emma” and as others mentioned, ignored the red flags to save face with his friends?

Or (and I think this is the more likely scenario) did her plan eventually work on him?
We’ve all seen mtv catfish episodes where the cat fisher confesses but makes the point that it was technically still them they were talking to so in reality, they fell for them and not the person they alleged to be? This sure is what it looks like from that pic anyway. So many questions!

Reactions: 14
Looks like Ireland is just a small place and commenters on this thread immediately knew who she was, there are likely so many more men we don’t know about.
Football Paul though…. The damning question for me is why was there still a pic up of her sitting on his lap on her instagram this week? (which she took down by Monday, fair play btw to the tattle sleuths who screenshotted her profiles before she deleted it)

Was he just friends with ‘Nicki’ because he felt
It brought him closer to “Emma” and as others mentioned, ignored the red flags to save face with his friends?

Or (and I think this is the more likely scenario) did her plan eventually work on him?
We’ve all seen mtv catfish episodes where the cat fisher confesses but makes the point that it was technically still them they were talking to so in reality, they fell for them and not the person they alleged to be? This sure is what it looks like from that pic anyway. So many questions!

OMG, l didnt even think of this re Paul, yeah did her plan work on him...........But then how was he okwith her messaging other people? Or is she just a complete narc that caught him in her web. Sooooooooo many questions!

Reactions: 8
I think Paul is in on it . Nikki knows something about him and it suits him to have a fake stunning girlfriend

Reactions: 13
OMG, l didnt even think of this re Paul, yeah did her plan work on him...........But then how was he okwith her messaging other people? Or is she just a complete narc that caught him in her web. Sooooooooo many questions!
Out of Fear of embarrassment for being catfished 🤔 maybe he wasn’t completely honest in his GAA/friend circle and embellished a bit, can’t imagine the lads on his team would let anyone away with having an online girlfriend! He had to keep up the charade, maybe she blackmailed him..he felt he had to appease her…or developed Stockholm syndrome 😂 who knows!

If this is the case though why would he go into the podcast and chance being outed in the way he has? Surely he knew football Paul would not remain anon. I’m horrible at spotting obvious photoshopping but any chance she photoshopped the lap pic as well? If I were her I’d get some counseling and move abroad and start over. Sure now you’d easily spot her on the street. Was also alleged she was a teacher in a secondary school, worst place to work after this IMO. Can’t imagine all the internet/social media drama secondary schools have to deal with with students these days.
Madness

Reactions: 8
I wonder does “Nikki” actually believe herself what she is doing is wrong and denies it to others when confronted or actually believes herself the lies she tells? She reminds me of addicts say like an alcoholic who know they have a problem but cannot admit it to themselves or sometimes addicts know they have an issue but down play it.
That or my other theory is she is enjoying the attention from it.
Not really sure what can be done as she has lost potential jobs from this behaviour so really is destroying her own life as well as being a nuisance to others.
Can I ask what the idolising of country GAA players is about with girls? Can’t wrap my head around that. Sure some are good looking but is it the pride of “my fella plays/ represents my county” or do girls still idolise WAG culture like in the early 2000s?
Hopefully in the future laws can be change regarding cat fishing like how it is now illegal to share nude photos to others.
It’s not just GAA it’s the fact they are well known and a bit “famous”, you’d find the same with any other sport or industry with other well known people

Reactions: 1
Sounds like footballer Paul is a very easily influenced person? Idk maybe he started off not being involved but I don’t think by the end he was innocent.

If he was innocent and completely in the dark why would he be messaging Ger about the girl at EP defending “cora” and “Emma” ? Something just isn’t adding up for me

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.