The 2 Johnnies The GAA Catfish

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That's now a few new accounts on this thread who's first post is to lay the responsibility at the 2 johnnies door instead of calling out niamh 🤔
I find the naivety of Johnnie B shocking, he's 35 years old!

I'll have to listen to podcast again for inconsistencies but I think he played along for material.
Comedians always say that when mad things happen to them, their immediate thought is "This will make great material"

The fact he recorded the phone call confrontation says something.

I'm not minimises Niamh actions, she's guilty of emotional abuse. It's narcissistic and sociopathic. I can somewhat understand the buzz she was getting from it.

Reactions: 16
Listen obviously the guy is not think. They fully cooked this up (2 johnnies and Maura) as content. He would have known almost immediately. He’s a grown man and he’s not thick so there’s no way he bought it. That said I’m ok with him doing it because it’s a great story that he sort of brought to its conclusion

Reactions: 14
These are the messages Footballer Paul/ Kevin was sending to the GAA lads in America about Emma when they accused her of being a fake account. When she couldn’t go to America because the stress sent her into a coma 🤣 why was he defending someone he never met? Notice the black and white profile pic of himself and Emma 👀
Is that Gary Walsh, footballer for Laois? I don't rem him ever being in America though.

Reactions: 1
Ok, some people seem to be confused or don't understand why the intervention/interrogation information is relevant or how it doesn't make sense. I will make a condensed timeline for those who don't full get why the intervention was so important.

Nikki attends Magee, Derry
Fiancé attends Magee, Derry
Nikki engrains herself in the GAA in Magee,
Fiancé already known within the GAA circle in the north outside of Magee, also joins the Camoige team.
Nikki & Fiancé become friends
Turns out Nikki already knows someone who attends Magee and can back up what she says
Turns out the student was told about Nikki prior to Nikki ever going to Magee and not by anyone he knows personally
Not only was he told about her coming to uni, he was told to look after her while she was there.
Who told him to look after Nikki
Enter Britney &(or) Lauren
*dun* *dun* *dun*
Nikki becomes very close with student,
Student & Nikki are an item, very public.
Nikki gets close to friends and lets the mask slip
Friends suspect Nikki is cheating on student
Fiancé and co. snoop
They find more than they bargained for
--
They discover the fake accounts
Via the fake accounts they find a current victim of the catfish, tied up with the cheating
This victim being a well known NI sports person
They contact tis person and let them know what they found
Through this they find all the other messages and accounts that were being run
At this point everyone is shook
They go to Uni to report and seek advice
Uni confirm they already dealing with a matter similar to this
Fiancé and friends want truth
Nikki was lured into said apartment
A brutal interrogation ensued and they got answers
Nikki opened up her phone and showed her multiple accounts, primarily using Britney & Lauren including all the messages.
Fiancé interrogated some more
They got her to log into a laptop to show more right there and then.
--
She was exposed to the highest degree, threatened by Uni and solicitor letters. And she still continued nearly 10 years on. Not only did she continue but she carried those accounts with her. Took all the knowledge of what she learned with this scandal and tried to work it out in a different region. This was essentially the start of Nikki taking her catfishing outside of the North and where we end up today.

Yes I am obviously leaving LOADS of information because i can not be f*cked writing it all, I am just loving the drama. Also, fair point about the "get in touch" probably looks strange now that no one on this forum trusts each other anymore lol. I literally made this account so I could post this stuff as any mention of it on any other medium is swiftly taken down. I assumed there would be a DM function on this but I suppose not. Either way we're not running to them about the info we have of her uni days, if they want more we will give it because I want the next episode to be as juicy as can be and if they can fit the info in and align it up with the whole saga then no problem, would make a great Netflix doc.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Fantastically gripping story.
Unfortunately it seems “Nikki” has been exposed and the information given in the 2 podcasts have lead to people being able to single out who the girl is.
I have a feeling the 2 Johnnies will have to face some sort of backlash for this.
Rightly, or wrongly.
Why will they have to face backlash? Nikki got herself into this mess. No one else.

I find the naivety of Johnnie B shocking, he's 35 years old!

I'll have to listen to podcast again for inconsistencies but I think he played along for material.
Comedians always say that when mad things happen to them, their immediate thought is "This will make great material"

The fact he recorded the phone call confrontation says something.

I'm not minimises Niamh actions, she's guilty of emotional abuse. It's narcissistic and sociopathic. I can somewhat understand the buzz she was getting from it.
When it comes to dating and the feeling of being wanted, logic completely alludes some people. I know women who have chatted to 'men' from tinder for weeks/months, they form an emotional attachment without meeting said person, voice notes and pictures are enough to hook them, this isn't uncommon especially for women who are just desperate to be loved and wanted. After a while they start to twig something isn't right and start to question things. It could be the same with Johnny! He has stated he had a bad break up so was clearly vulnerable. I'd say he recorded the confrontation because the story is that wild and unbelievable that he needed evidence otherwise folk would have thought he was insane!

No offence I can't understand what buzz someone gets out of being a liar, narcissistic, playing with people's raw emotions and just being a down right bleep. There should be no buzz from that leading a double life and leaving a trail of devastation

Reactions: 16
When it comes to dating and the feeling of being wanted, logic completely alludes some people. I know women who have chatted to 'men' from tinder for weeks/months, they form an emotional attachment without meeting said person, voice notes and pictures are enough to hook them, this isn't uncommon especially for women who are just desperate to be loved and wanted. After a while they start to twig something isn't right and start to question things. It could be the same with Johnny! He has stated he had a bad break up so was clearly vulnerable. I'd say he recorded the confrontation because the story is that wild and unbelievable that he needed evidence otherwise folk would have thought he was insane!

No offence I can't understand what buzz someone gets out of being a liar, narcissistic, playing with people's raw emotions and just being a down right bleep. There should be no buzz from that leading a double life and leaving a trail of devastation
She obviously has a thing for GAA players so the feeling of power and control she got manipulating them probably gave her dopamine hits.
I'm not saying I would get the same buzz, just saying I understand it.
I agree with the psychologist they had on, you must find meaning in real human connection.

Reactions: 8
Ok, some people seem to be confused or don't understand why the intervention/interrogation information is relevant or how it doesn't make sense. I will make a condensed timeline for those who don't full get why the intervention was so important.

Nikki attends Magee, Derry
Fiancé attends Magee, Derry
Nikki engrains herself in the GAA in Magee,
Fiancé already known within the GAA circle in the north outside of Magee, also joins the Camoige team.
Nikki & Fiancé become friends
Turns out Nikki already knows someone who attends Magee and can back up what she says
Turns out the student was told about Nikki prior to Nikki ever going to Magee and not by anyone he knows personally
Not only was he told about her coming to uni, he was told to look after her while she was there.
Who told him to look after Nikki
Enter Britney &(or) Lauren
*dun* *dun* *dun*
Nikki becomes very close with student,
Student & Nikki are an item, very public.
Nikki gets close to friends and lets the mask slip
Friends suspect Nikki is cheating on student
Fiancé and co. snoop
They find more than they bargained for
--
They discover the fake accounts
Via the fake accounts they find a current victim of the catfish, tied up with the cheating
This victim being a well known NI sports person
They contact tis person and let them know what they found
Through this they find all the other messages and accounts that were being run
At this point everyone is shook
They go to Uni to report and seek advice
Uni confirm they already dealing with a matter similar to this
Fiancé and friends want truth
Nikki was lured into said apartment
A brutal interrogation ensued and they got answers
Nikki opened up her phone and showed her multiple accounts, primarily using Britney & Lauren including all the messages.
Fiancé bullied some more
They got her to log into a laptop to show more right there and then.
--
She was exposed to the highest degree, threatened by Uni and solicitor letters. And she still continued nearly 10 years on. Not only did she continue but she carried those accounts with her. Took all the knowledge of what she learned with this scandal and tried to work it out in a different region. This was essentially the start of Nikki taking her catfishing outside of the North and where we end up today.

Yes I am obviously leaving LOADS of information because i can not be f*cked writing it all, I am just loving the drama. Also, fair point about the "get in touch" probably looks strange now that no one on this forum trusts each other anymore lol. I literally made this account so I could post this stuff as any mention of it on any other medium is swiftly taken down. I assumed there would be a DM function on this but I suppose not. Either way we're not running to them about the info we have of her uni days, if they want more we will give it because I want the next episode to be as juicy as can be and if they can fit the info in and align it up with the whole saga then no problem, would make a great Netflix doc.
Playing devils advocate here but your fiancé and friends that trapped her in the house and bullied her into telling them the truth sound like a right shower of cunts.

• Haha
Reactions: 81
Playing devils advocate here but your fiancé and friends that trapped her in the house and bullied her into telling them the truth sound like a right shower of cunts.
If I knew someone was catfishing to that degree I'd be checking those aliases (sp) on a regular basis to see if she was at it again.

Reactions: 8
Why will they have to face backlash? Nikki got herself into this mess. No one else.
I agree. Can't see what backlash they'd face. If a woman was telling this story, she'd be commended for her bravery.

Although they changed peoples names to protect their identity, I'm certain they knew their names would be revealed on social media

Reactions: 7
If I knew someone was catfishing to that degree I'd be checking those aliases (sp) on a regular basis to see if she was at it again.
Oh most definitely but I wouldn't trap someone in a house and bully them into a confession that has nothing got to do with me.

Reactions: 12
Sometimes it takes tough love to get a message through, sometimes you have to be a bleep. On this case the message didn't get through but their actions potentially saved a lot of peoples dignity in being caught by her during this time.

Reactions: 3
I reckon she was subconsciously setting herself up to be outted as she just could not stop herself.
The lure of Johnny B was too strong - one last hit maybe! Never properly looked at him before, he is handsome!
I reckon Johnny B was just a bonus for her. He was the one who messaged the Cora profile first so I'm sure she probably thought why not. Purely opportunist. The GAA players were different. That was much more calculated.

Sometimes it takes tough love to get a message through, sometimes you have to be a bleep. On this case the message didn't get through but their actions potentially saved a lot of peoples dignity in being caught by her during this time.
Did you know her as nikki or niamh?

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.