Terrie McEvoy #2 Eeek all the Jake spam, I’ll work a few shifts but just for the gram!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That dog fostering shite at christmas really bothered me too. That dog had horrible separation anxiety and she would say that he always wanted to be with her and had bonded to her and then she tosses him aside cause her lifestyle wasn’t suitable for a dog. Then as you said, as soon as lockdown hit suddenly it’s the best time for a dog. The mind boggles. I don’t know how she was allowed adopt that dog, both with her lifestyle pre lockdown and during lockdown considering she was a nurse “on the frontline”. I was disgusted at that rescue for allowing her to adopt and the message that it sent to followers about getting a dog during a pandemic, many other rescues stopped adoptions as it wasn’t appropriate or in the best interest of the dog considering life was always gonna go back to normal with full time jobs etc. I had donated to them every month for years and I redirected my donation to another rescue. That’s the Terri effect 😂
Because she's well known. It's only us normal people who have to prove that we have a lifestyle suited to adopting a dog.

Reactions: 2
When Terrie was doing her tan last night on stories she mentioned she put "a little something gon her face" Que a face tan ladies..... WOW amazing, that's never been done before. It's all So Sue's crap just rebranded. Same stuff. Sell Sell Sell......

Reactions: 4
Jake chasing sheep today...Terrie thinking it's bleeping gas as usual. Poor sheep probably terrified! She has the brain of a bleeping newt!

Reactions: 5
Jake chasing sheep today...Terrie thinking it's bleeping gas as usual. Poor sheep probably terrified! She has the brain of a bleeping newt!
Quite like the time last week he was in the field “saying hello” to the horses can u imagine if one of them got hurt...

If the farmer sees a dog worrying his sheep, it might not end well... Terrie would want to cop on and either be a responsible dog owner or get fuckin lessons

Reactions: 10
If the farmer sees a dog worrying his sheep, it might not end well... Terrie would want to cop on and either be a responsible dog owner or get fuckin lessons
Yep exactly and within their right to shoot it! I'm a dog lover but I have seen the devastation dogs have done to sheep. Even if they don't necessarily attack the sheep it will cause the sheep distress and worse if it was around lambing season they could lose their lambs because of stress.

Reactions: 7
It irritates me that the dog is off the lead constantly and they don’t seem to be near him. She had a video up weeks ago of her up on a sand dune and Jake down on the beach “living his best life” chasing another dog. Like what if another dog attacked him or if he approached a reactive dog and a fight started.? It’s so bleeping dangerous. She could lose her dog or another dog or person could be seriously injured. Dogs are animals at the end of the day. I say this as a dog lover, my dog is on the lead 100% of the time next to me for his own safety even though he responds to my commands. It infuriates me when people let their dog run wild and it’s clear they don’t respond to commands. You can’t take chances.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
It irritates me that the dog is off the lead constantly and they don’t seem to be near him. She had a video up weeks ago of her up on a sand dune and Jake down on the beach “living his best life” chasing another dog. Like what if another dog attacked him or if he approached a reactive dog and a fight started.? It’s so bleeping dangerous. She could lose her dog or another dog or person could be seriously injured. Dogs are animals at the end of the day. I say this as a dog lover, my dog is on the lead 100% of the time next to me for his own safety even though he responds to my commands. It infuriates me when people let their dog run wild and it’s clear they don’t respond to commands. You can’t take chances.
I'd actually love to bump into her on the beach. I've given enough ppl a piece of my mind about their dogs off leads when mine is on her's all the time. So many times dogs have come running over to mine and the owners say they are only playing. But they can see that my dog is getting agitated. Also annoys me when they don't give a tit if their precious dog runs up and scares a child!

Reactions: 9
I'd actually love to bump into her on the beach. I've given enough ppl a piece of my mind about their dogs off leads when mine is on her's all the time. So many times dogs have come running over to mine and the owners say they are only playing. But they can see that my dog is getting agitated. Also annoys me when they don't give a tit if their precious dog runs up and scares a child!
You sound like a loving dog owner 🙄

Reactions: 3
To be fair, if you really love your dog and respect other people, it should be under your control at all times. My dog is very obedient and friendly so I'll have had him off the lead when it was quiet, he was listening and I had his attention and he wasn't running over to others. Unfortunately, he started taking notions to steal peoples picnics in the warmer months 🤦‍♀️ it happened twice and I was horrified and tried to train it out of him the first time and thought I was getting somewhere but he's so food driven and was doing it impulsively. Very lucky to have had two sets of people who love dogs and thought it was funny but I was mortified and I honestly wouldn't have blamed them if they kicked the duck out of him because a dog running full pelt over to a group of people Inc kids could terrify someone and at the end of the day he's an animal with animal instincts. I have no idea if he'd bite a child - it's always a possibility with any dog. But now I'm very much of the opinion that if your dog is not under your control you shouldn't have one. I have friends who have rescues who are very nervous and they can't go to any parks or open areas with dogs off lead because their rescue can't cope. There's no point in letting your dog go over and invade personal space and say "it's OK, she's friendly!" because that doesn't help the terrified reactive rescue dog that can't get away and thinks it needs to defend itself at what it perceives to be a threat.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
To be fair, if you really love your dog and respect other people, it should be under your control at all times. My dog is very obedient and friendly so I'll have had him off the lead when it was quiet, he was listening and I had his attention and he wasn't running over to others. Unfortunately, he started taking notions to steal peoples picnics in the warmer months 🤦‍♀️ it happened twice and I was horrified and tried to train it out of him the first time and thought I was getting somewhere but he's so food driven and was doing it impulsively. Very lucky to have had two sets of people who love dogs and thought it was funny but I was mortified and I honestly wouldn't have blamed them if they kicked the duck out of him because a dog running full pelt over to a group of people Inc kids could terrify someone and at the end of the day he's an animal with animal instincts. I have no idea if he'd bite a child - it's always a possibility with any dog. But now I'm very much of the opinion that if your dog is not under your control you shouldn't have one. I have friends who have rescues who are very nervous and they can't go to any parks or open areas with dogs off lead because their rescue can't cope. There's no point in letting your dog go over and invade personal space and say "it's OK, she's friendly!" because that doesn't help the terrified reactive rescue dog that can't get away and thinks it needs to defend itself at what it perceives to be a threat.
My dog is a nervous wreck I have to be so careful where I walk him. Other dogs running over scare him. He is a friendly little soul but loses his life if a dog even barks in his direction. I am so fearful of dogs who are off the lead. Walking him can be exhausting over it. Terrie thinks of nobody but herself and her gram content so I don’t expect her to ever consider this.

Reactions: 9
My dog is a nervous wreck I have to be so careful where I walk him. Other dogs running over scare him. He is a friendly little soul but loses his life if a dog even barks in his direction. I am so fearful of dogs who are off the lead. Walking him can be exhausting over it. Terrie thinks of nobody but herself and her gram content so I don’t expect her to ever consider this.
I can imagine. What is a relaxed walk in a park for the owners of a content but not controlled dog is very nerve wracking and anxious for a responsible owner with their dog on the lead.
I should also add that my dog is calmer off lead and will be more willing to play. On lead he's more protective and irritable with other dogs so its super annoying when dogs just come running over with no owners in sight at all. You feel very vulnerable when it's a dog that's being a bit of an arse hole which I've found is like 25% of the time

Reactions: 6
I can imagine. What is a relaxed walk in a park for the owners of a content but not controlled dog is very nerve wracking and anxious for a responsible owner with their dog on the lead.
I should also add that my dog is calmer off lead and will be more willing to play. On lead he's more protective and irritable with other dogs so its super annoying when dogs just come running over with no owners in sight at all. You feel very vulnerable when it's a dog that's being a bit of an arse hole which I've found is like 25% of the time
Absolutely. It’s a head wreck when other dog owners just do as they please.

Reactions: 6
I agree that dogs should be kept on the lead in places where they aren't supposed to be off, but there are a few places where dogs are allowed off the lead and if people have nervous dogs they should avoid those places. It's not fair to say people shouldn't have their dog who isn't nervous off the lead just because some other dogs are nervous.

Just throwing it out there, I went off topic once before and was somehow reported/warned for it and yet others can and nothing..? I've seen if several times. Can we move on from the dog topic please, its off thread.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Just throwing it out there, I went off topic once before and was somehow reported/warned for it and yet others can and nothing..? I've seen if several times. Can we move on from the dog topic please, its off thread.
It’s not really when she bases half her content off the poor dog

Reactions: 3
You clearly sound like you take the Terrie approach and let your dog run free without any regard for other dogs and children. I've had dogs all my life and have treated them with the respect, love and care that they need. Jog on luv...

Reactions: 10
The posts weren't about Jake, started going off. Just saying.!! I did it once. Once. Got a warning when I've seen alot worse stuff on here. So be careful.
i got one for the same thing, puts me off commenting, so i just watch.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.