Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Yel

Chatty Member
a bit of a rest won’t hurt his chances. He’s experienced enough to go into USO without having played a single match. Annoying.
I think that's one reason they're only allowed to miss one 1000. Although they always let them off with tenuous excuses and I guess they don't consider his forced missing of the sunshine double against that.

Yel

Chatty Member
I wanted hubi to make the final but at least Alcaraz has had quite a few entertaining matches, after Wimbledon I've high hopes for today's final.

Just turned on the women's final and it's unwatchable with how bright it is and how they've incorrectly set up the camera settings so you can't see the ball! It's not been an issue at all, until the final 🤦‍♀️

hannah123

VIP Member
it’s almost another kournikova situation (though obviously to be fair to emma, she did win a slam) - like you say, why would you push to work on your game when you’re making such much money and getting so much attention for your image alone?!

ruud’s placement on that list was a surprise to me too, but it sounds like he and his team have just made some canny business decisions on who he works with.
I’ve heard people mention her but I was a bit too young to watch the sport back then. Have just googled her though and shocked she was the most googled athlete in the world in 2008, Ronaldo won his first ballon d’or that year plus the champions and premier league but still got beat out by a retired tennis player

Was it literally just because she was hot?

pecan

Chatty Member
Anyone watching the finals today?

Hertogenbosch: De Minaur • Korda

Stuttgart: Draper • Berrettini

Nottingham WTA: TBC - the first set tie break between Boulter and Raducanu yesterday evening was great! I’d quite like Katie to defend her title.

Nottingham men’s is also TBC. Semis and finals are having to be played on the same day due to all the rain we’ve had!

londongirl2001

VIP Member
Whatever was bothering Jannik in the first set, he found his way out of it, with the help of an increasingly agitated Moutet. I hope he didn’t risk anything physically by continuing to play.

Yel

Chatty Member
The worst was when they did a lengthy Serena montage before all of her matches at the USO and made the opponent wait on court watching said montage. Dreadful.

londongirl2001

VIP Member
I'm team Ruud also, never warmed to the small kid that doesn't know how to fight.

I think djokovic will get out second round RG (it's against Ruud I believe?) then make a good final run in Wimbledon, then not get very far in the Olympics.

If Zverev is convicted I'm assuming he'll not be allowed in the Olympics?
I doubt he’ll get convicted, sadly.

I could live with Ruud as RG winner, but watch a random American win this year 😁

Yel

Chatty Member
Very well deserved for sinner. Love that he can barely hold the ridiculously huge trophy and that Medvedev is stuck holding the cuddly toy 😆

londongirl2001

VIP Member
Noledemort 😂

Sadly I don’t see Carlos suddenly having figured out how to beat Novaxx (minis Wimbledon), so it’ll probably be Novaxx vs Meddy in the final.