Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Yel

Chatty Member
It's the way Sabalenka looks at her racket before smashing it 😆

I think Djokovic picked up new fans during covid. He'll have a fair few vocal supporters there.

TapToBoreMeRigid

VIP Member
Saw the video of Sabalenka going back to the players' gym post-final. She smashed her racquet on the floor, calming walked to the bin and trashed it.

I'd be ecstatic if Dan could win tonight. Not just because I love him but because I can't stick ND.

LaBlonde

VIP Member
I’ve heard people mention her but I was a bit too young to watch the sport back then. Have just googled her though and shocked she was the most googled athlete in the world in 2008, Ronaldo won his first ballon d’or that year plus the champions and premier league but still got beat out by a retired tennis player

Was it literally just because she was hot?
basically, yes 🤣 she was extremely marketable and brand friendly, and in a high profile celebrity relationship. her fame and the money she made was in no way related to her actual tennis ability - though i think she was always way better in doubles than she was in singles.

londongirl2001

VIP Member
We really need to stop celebrating a Djokovic loss when he’s still playing 😩 he’s definitely going to turn this around in a fifth set

Hannahebee

VIP Member
These goodbyes the tournaments do are always awkward when the player doesn't even know if he's retiring or not. Apparently they wanted to give him a big send off but he rejected it. Again he said there's still a chance he'll be back.
I know in the qualifiers they gave a send off to Diego Schwartzman and Dominic Thiem who are both retiring although Diego won't be retiring until the Argentina Open in February next year whilst Dominic will be retiring at the end of the year with his last tournament being the Vienna Open in October.

Last edited:

Yel

Chatty Member
A lot of support for Novak on daniil's double fault.

It's silly that they always make a thing of Ashe being so big. It's too big. If I lived in Queens and the tickets were cheap I still would rather stay at home than watch from the nosebleed seats. There's a reason why no other court is anywhere near as big.

Yel

Chatty Member
Fingers crossed for another nasty fall.

I wondered if they did this on purpose? Better to go out first round against the favorite than some random ranked at 97

Yel

Chatty Member
All the people praising him for offering it to other people when this is the guy who has a single square of chocolate as a celebration for winning a slam. He doesn't want to eat a crumb of it 😆

Yel

Chatty Member
That is annoying how they're very selective about when to show the Hawkeye, some kind of agreement to not show when the umpire is wrong? It should always be shown for the interesting shots else what's the point.