Tennis 🎾

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They're playing music at the change of ends at Queen's. Ugh.
I feel like I’m a grump but I really dislike music at these tournaments. I was watching a match the other day and the camera cut to a woman with her fingers in her ears 😂

I feel like I’m a grump but I really dislike music at these tournaments. I was watching a match the other day and the camera cut to a woman with her fingers in her ears 😂
You're not a grump at all. The Queen's tournament is a very British affair, and long may it be that way, and the music really jars.

The 2nd court backs onto the main court at Queen's, so whilst it might be change of ends on the main court, it won't be on the 2nd one! And the others aren't far away either.

Reactions: 3
I seen Emma Radacanu turned down an Olympic wildcard. I get that she doesn't like Clay and won't win but it's not every year you get to play at the Olympics. Who's to say she will get the opportunity again especially with her injury record

Reactions: 5
I seen Emma Radacanu turned down an Olympic wildcard. I get that she doesn't like Clay and won't win but it's not every year you get to play at the Olympics. Who's to say she will get the opportunity again especially with her injury record
I think her reason was fair though plus she’s dropped a lot in the rankings and there are no points in the Olympics.

Attachments

Reactions: 3
Ons Jabeur and Sabalenka have made the same decision for the same reasons. It's hard to switch surfaces repeatedly. They'll be going from grass to clay to hard in the space of a few weeks.
Plus Emma needs to focus on getting her ranking back up so that she start getting DA into the top tournaments.

Reactions: 6
I saw that Novaxx is doing physiotherapy and already seems to be moving quite well, so I still think he will skip Wimbledon so he won’t have to change surfaces before the Olympics.

How can we get rid of Andrew Castle?!!?

Someone mentioned a tennis app on here a little while ago ...... I can't find it. I want to follow not just the grand slams?

Reactions: 4
Apolgies Andy i was saying to my mate I really hope someone tells Andy to stop playing soon during that second set..... shows what I know!!

Reactions: 2
Apolgies Andy i was saying to my mate I really hope someone tells Andy to stop playing soon during that second set..... shows what I know!!
Out of interest why would you hope someone would tell him that? Genuine question as I'm curious as to why anyone would tell anyone when they should retire. Surely its his decision? He's not hurting anyone(apart from his aging body) by carrying on and clearly he still loves it with a passion. I feel we won't have him on court for much longer anyway and I for one will be very sad when he stops playing. 😢

Reactions: 1
Out of interest why would you hope someone would tell him that? Genuine question as I'm curious as to why anyone would tell anyone when they should retire. Surely its his decision? He's not hurting anyone(apart from his aging body) by carrying on and clearly he still loves it with a passion. I feel we won't have him on court for much longer anyway and I for one will be very sad when he stops playing. 😢
He'll retire after Olympics imo

oh totally his decision and I’ll be heartbroken when he does stop - it just feels so painful watching him nowadays. His mind clearly still knows what to do but his body just will not always play ball. I thought he was going to lose badly in that match when I said it which shows how little I know and he should take no notice of me 😂

oh totally his decision and I’ll be heartbroken when he does stop - it just feels so painful watching him nowadays. His mind clearly still knows what to do but his body just will not always play ball. I thought he was going to lose badly in that match when I said it which shows how little I know and he should take no notice of me 😂
Ah yeah I know what you mean. Breaks my heart to see him at times knowing that all he wants is for it to work like it used to. 😩

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.