Tennis šŸŽ¾

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think Novak will be playing Wimbledon as he was using crutches.
View attachment 2984196
You canā€™t bet on him to win so the bookies must know something

Heā€™s dropped to 3rd in the world now and is about 1200 point behind Sinner, so wouldnā€™t have a chance to catch up before Wimbledon anyway to be 1st seed.

Reactions: 2
Rublev. But I want him to get some help for his mental problems first because his behavior recently is worrying.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Seconding Rublev. Would love to see him win a GS, or even for now, just break the QF curse. But agree about resolving his issues.

Out of all the players that are currently in the top 10 who do you want to see win a slam next that hasn't already done so. I would mind seeing Grigor or Casper winning a slam next.
Iā€™d like to see Dimitrov do it but it wonā€™t happen. Playing quite well these days but now 32 and rarely reaches the semi of a slam. Couldnā€™t see him beating Novak, Sinner, Alcaraz or Med in the latter stages of a slam.

Reactions: 4
I would really love for Ruud to win a slam he's been in a few finals now, I really thought the French Open this year was going to be his year!

Reactions: 5
I wonder who will be the nearly-man of this generation.

I'm looking forward to the grass season. Watching the sod turn from lush to dust within a set is the best šŸ˜‚

I wonder who will be the nearly-man of this generation.

I'm looking forward to the grass season. Watching the sod turn from lush to dust within a set is the best šŸ˜‚
Zverev and Tsitsipas for the nearly men. As for the grass - I just hope Andy can come into Wimbledon fit and get a kind draw.

Reactions: 3
I would really love for Ruud to win a slam he's been in a few finals now, I really thought the French Open this year was going to be his year!
I agree I thought Ruud had a really good chance this year. It's such a shame that a stomach upset stopped him from performing at his best against Zverev because if that hadn't have happened he would have beaten him IMO.

Reactions: 1
I might be really behind on this so donā€™t laugh at me but I just discovered the TNNS app (free and doesnā€™t force you to sign up) where you can follow all your fav players and then on the home screen you can set it to show you all of the matches that are being played by your favs each day and follow the scores. Helpful when everyone is spread across various tournaments in the weeks between slams.

I was using the APT/WTA live app but itā€™s pretty crap to say itā€™s the ā€˜officialā€™ one. I just find it glitchy a lot of the time.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I might be really behind on this so donā€™t laugh at me but I just discovered the TNNS app (free and doesnā€™t force you to sign up) where you can follow all your fav players and then on the home screen you can set it to show you all of the matches that are being played by your favs each day and follow the scores. Helpful when everyone is spread across various tournaments in the weeks between slams.

I was using the APT/WTA live app but itā€™s pretty crap to say itā€™s the ā€˜officialā€™ one. I just find it glitchy a lot of the time.
Thanks, that sounds excellent!

saw this, thought of this thread:

---
Iā€™d like to see Dimitrov do it but it wonā€™t happen. Playing quite well these days but now 32 and rarely reaches the semi of a slam. Couldnā€™t see him beating Novak, Sinner, Alcaraz or Med in the latter stages of a slam.
same! i think his time has gone sadly, which is a shame as i would like to see him do it too.

Reactions: 6
God knows how they will complete Nottingham this week. The forecast says it will rain every day. Heather Watson back on now and Dart v Boulter later.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.