Tempting Fortune

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They looked so smug . If I had turned down a chance to speak to my kids I would be way more angry at them than she was.

Reactions: 7
I think once they started taking temptations they felt they should keep taking them, as to do otherwise would admit it was wrong in the first place.
If that makes sense.

Reactions: 8
This show is my new guilty pleasure, but I wish it was on every night.
I would be bleeping fuming in James and Co’s shoes but Charlie gives me the absolute ick.

This is me literally every time they take a temptation, knowing the drama it will bring.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Everyone on twitter is raging at Carolyn’s group, but I’m really torn in this series. I think it’s fair enough to have a treat as those days aren’t easy. And like they say the money doesn’t exist yet. All of them knew money would be in hands of everyone? Why not just go on tipping point or another game show if you don’t want people possibly spending it😮💨

Reactions: 4
Everyone on twitter is raging at Carolyn’s group, but I’m really torn in this series. I think it’s fair enough to have a treat as those days aren’t easy. And like they say the money doesn’t exist yet. All of them knew money would be in hands of everyone? Why not just go on tipping point or another game show if you don’t want people possibly spending it😮💨
I would definitely rather someone spent a little (within reason) on temptations to get them through rather than not cope with the experience and leave and the prize pot drop by £25k each time someone leaves. I do think the party was frivolous and I don’t think I would have gone for that, but James being such a dictator has made the whole situation worse. I think if he was more reasonable and they were a real team they would have thought more sensibly about that….especially as they had a drink the night before as well.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I would definitely rather someone spent a little (within reason) on temptations to get them through rather than not cope with the experience and leave and the prize pot drop by £25k each time someone leaves. I do think the party was frivolous and I don’t think I would have gone for that, but James being such a dictator has made the whole situation worse. I think if he was more reasonable and they were a real team they would have thought more sensibly about that….especially as they had a drink the night before as well.
I'm torn over James tbh. I don't dislike him at all but can see why others might.
I don't think people on the programme can keep blaming him for their personal choices. 'Rebelling' is all very well but surely you get to an age where you know what you want without it being a reaction to someone else?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I'm torn over James tbh. I don't dislike him at all but can see why others might.
I don't think people on the programme can keep blaming him for their personal choices. 'Rebelling' is all very well but surely you get to an age where you know what you want without it being a reaction to someone else?
I think he could have been quite a good leader and inspired them but because of Lani’s early antics ruining the mood it all went tits up and rather than them coming together they split. The weak team literally don’t even try to restrain themselves now 😂😂 The reasoning is hilarious.

• Haha
For me I can see why people might be tempted by the odd treat but that group were literally taking the piss. They were taking everything offered to them and some weren’t even worth the price.

They kept saying that James and Charlie were pressuring them to not take anything in the first few days but in that episode last night Carolyn was literally pressuring her group every single time. She’s awful.

Reactions: 10
For me I can see why people might be tempted by the odd treat but that group were literally taking the piss. They were taking everything offered to them and some weren’t even worth the price.

They kept saying that James and Charlie were pressuring them to not take anything in the first few days but in that episode last night Carolyn was literally pressuring her group every single time. She’s awful.
That's it - they were away from James and Charlie and still had no self restraint. They can't keep blaming their choices on other people.

• Heart
This show is hilarious, better than Rise and Fall tbh
I dip in and out of Rise and Fall. But it seems to consist of that ginger lad Conor biting his nails and looking sweaty and nervous.
Also enjoying Race across the World.
I've told myself I will NOT watch the nude people in the race thing they keep advertising. But probably will 😂
But Tempting Fortune is very good. I think there probably is encouragement behind the scenes to take temptations as otherwise it would be very dull. But I don't mind that.

Dan from the programme tweeted this:

Screenshot_20230405_012424.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 6
The producers have a huge part to play in planting the seed of what they are missing on a particular day ie music and then the temptation of a silent disco, coffee the morning after given them booze.
By the time the contestants find the temptation it’s already been on their mind for a while as what they really want/need on a particular day.

Reactions: 5
Carolynne is vile and Lani isn't much better, the selfishness is off the charts. It's not the 'having the treats' it's the not being tactical about what they have. It's literally 2 weeks without stuff, don't sacrifice what you want most, for what you want now - so selfish. Having the beds at the halfway point wouldn't have been so bad if they hadn't have taken all the little inconsequential things all the way along. I felt for Trewley so much turning down the call with her mum while they were downing beers with no thought. James started off well but he ran out of steam as soon as people started going against him and went too far the other way. This show is honestly everything that is wrong with the world but I can't stop despair watching 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I dip in and out of Rise and Fall. But it seems to consist of that ginger lad Conor biting his nails and looking sweaty and nervous.
Also enjoying Race across the World.
I've told myself I will NOT watch the nude people in the race thing they keep advertising. But probably will 😂
But Tempting Fortune is very good. I think there probably is encouragement behind the scenes to take temptations as otherwise it would be very dull. But I don't mind that.

Dan from the programme tweeted this:

View attachment 2079013
What about the new thing with - is it celebs in the dark in a bunker for a week? Bizarre. Also channel 4 iirc

Reactions: 1
So we have started watching this and are currently 4th episode in… I feel like I’ve seen Carolynn on tv somewhere before!? Anyone else!?

Reactions: 1