Tempting Fortune

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did anyone watch the new
Paddy McGuinness show on channel 4 ?

I was a bit dubious but, I actually enjoyed and can’t wait to watch tonight for the next episode.

Bring on the temptations! 😜🥂💰

Reactions: 7
Catching up with it now! Gonna switch from rise and fall to this as this looks better.

Reactions: 4
I enjoyed tonight’s episode though I wish it was on every night like Traitors.
I can’t wait to the others give into your Temptation and stop being pious.

I think it will ramp up with two separate groups. I want James to crack 😂

Reactions: 6
Pretending for a second that none of them pay for a temptation, the prize money split stays the same regardless of how many people remain so it seems a bit pointless for them to worry about people leaving and losing £25k per person.

£300k ÷ 12 = £25k.
One person goes home so prize fund is now £275k.
£275k ÷ 11 = £25k.
One person goes home so prize fund is now £250k.
£250k ÷ 10 = £25k.

Pretending that they spend £10k on temptations.

£290k ÷ 12 = £24,166
One person goes home so prize fund is now £265k.
£265k ÷ 11 = £24,090

£25k per person leaving is made out to be a massive amount but it either makes zero difference or very little.

Other than that, I do actually like it!

I really like this concept and have enjoyed the first two episodes. Lani is super annoying but she has made her whole insta “fame” about being controversial and a clout chaser so nothing she has done has surprised me.
If no one leaves, and you agree you could spend £5k MAXIMUM if really needed to get you through and assume everyone does that, you’re still left with £20k which is very decent.

I think there’ll be more twists to this, maybe people being offered a guaranteed amount of money but it costs the rest of the prize fund.

I would also like to see something right at the end where the people who resisted temptation the most/entirely get to vote if they share the prize fund or keep it for themselves (but I don’t know if they’d do this because if there’s a series 2 they couldn’t repeat it).

Lani does my head in and so does the older woman whose name I can’t remember.

Reactions: 3
I agree ☝ re the twists. I think they should do a challenge at the end to refill the prize pot.

Meaning all the sanctimonious twats that screamed No! to temptation achieved bugger all.

On a side note I wouldn’t want to share a tent with them after eating nothing but beans 🫘 and rice. At least they get their own beds in I’m a Celeb

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I think there’ll be more twists to this, maybe people being offered a guaranteed amount of money but it costs the rest of the prize fund.

I would also like to see something right at the end where the people who resisted temptation the most/entirely get to vote if they share the prize fund or keep it for themselves (but I don’t know if they’d do this because if there’s a series 2 they couldn’t repeat it).

Lani does my head in and so does the older woman whose name I can’t remember.
Carolynn is the older woman. She seems to be losing the plot tbh 😂. And really has it in for James.
Enjoying it so far - better than I thought it would be.

Reactions: 5
Carolynn is the older woman. She seems to be losing the plot tbh 😂. And really has it in for James.
Enjoying it so far - better than I thought it would be.
Carolynn! Thank you. I don’t like the way she justified taking a temptation because she doesn’t have “as long left” as the rest of them. What a weak guilt trip! If I was there I’d be like, “Exactly, so please think of the rest of us when you’re spaffing the prize fund on a bloody safari while we have our whole lives stretching out in front of us and could make good use of the money.”

It’s not even that she’s going on about wanting a temptation, it’s the manipulative “I’m old and will soon be dead” rubbish.

Carolynn! Thank you. I don’t like the way she justified taking a temptation because she doesn’t have “as long left” as the rest of them. What a weak guilt trip! If I was there I’d be like, “Exactly, so please think of the rest of us when you’re spaffing the prize fund on a bloody safari while we have our whole lives stretching out in front of us and could make good use of the money.”

It’s not even that she’s going on about wanting a temptation, it’s the manipulative “I’m old and will soon be dead” rubbish.
She's not even *that* old! Mid 60s. Hardly on her death bed. She's just completely selfish.

Just watched the first two episodes and while I can understand not taking the temptations to keep the cash prize high with the lowish calories they are on surely some of the food temptations, if low cost, would be beneficial long term?

Reactions: 1
Just watched the first two episodes and while I can understand not taking the temptations to keep the cash prize high with the lowish calories they are on surely some of the food temptations, if low cost, would be beneficial long term?
I don’t know why they didn’t all decide early on that each of them should have a personal allowance of £5000 max to use on temptations if they so wish. Then there’d be no guilt trips or conflict and they would then choose only the things they really want. It would make the 18 days much more bearable and they’d still all leave with £20,000.

I like the twist if someone leaves it costs them as it means they have to really work hard to be supportive, bite their tongues, see others points of view etc etc.

Just stumbled across this tonight, wish I’d watched the first two but seems pointless to go back now.

Carolynne is so familiar to me. Has she been on tv before?

Just stumbled across this tonight, wish I’d watched the first two but seems pointless to go back now.

Carolynne is so familiar to me. Has she been on tv before?
I thought that it’s been annoying me since ep one
---
He’s awful justifying taking the choc because it was given to him
I’d not last 2 minutes in there i’d argue witb them all and spend the whole whack
---
The girls and the gays🤣

Last edited: