Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Multi-21

VIP Member
James is so sexist, why is he so complementary about himself and Luke but never has a word to say for Tahira?

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Well that ended in a bit of a damp squib :confused:
The difference between those who took everything and those who took nothing was so small. What was the point?
There could've been a really good twist but I'm not clever enough to think of it though 😂
If there is another series they'll have to change it a bit. There is literally no real incentive to resist temptations.

Reactions: 14

Beth1980

VIP Member
I thought there would be a twist at the very end. After all that they seemed to come away with similar amounts of money, some without the extra experiences.

Pilatesgirl

VIP Member
Carolynne is just so manipulative. I am doing it who is joining me. She only care about herself, as does Lani. Is all the money shared evenly at the end. If so, so selfish, I will enjoy myself and bugger everyone else as I will still take some home. I am really enjoying this as a social experiment, shows how intrinsically selfish people really are.

DD-LDN

Wonder what the final twist is? Is it as we suspect the group having to decide if the money is split equally, or proportionally depending on what you spent?
If so Lani, Carolynne and Michelle are fecked 😂
I actually hope those who didn’t take the temptations are worse off lol just because they think they are “better” than those who have

• Haha
Reactions: 13

kettlekitten

VIP Member
James is the worst. So smug and the way he thinks that him and Luke are mentally stronger than Charlie is icky (not to mention the fact that Tahira hasn’t taken anything, has overcome her fear of heights, has gone through the experiment and yet he doesn’t even mention her!!!). I’m still watching to see how it all ends lol but I’m glad Charlie actually put his pride to one side
---
That was somewhat anti climatic
My hubby and I were divided over this, I was team Carolynne I didn’t like her mind
But let’s face it, who had the better time? and still got about 20 grand

Reactions: 12

newaroundhere123

Carolynne is vile and Lani isn't much better, the selfishness is off the charts. It's not the 'having the treats' it's the not being tactical about what they have. It's literally 2 weeks without stuff, don't sacrifice what you want most, for what you want now - so selfish. Having the beds at the halfway point wouldn't have been so bad if they hadn't have taken all the little inconsequential things all the way along. I felt for Trewley so much turning down the call with her mum while they were downing beers with no thought. James started off well but he ran out of steam as soon as people started going against him and went too far the other way. This show is honestly everything that is wrong with the world but I can't stop despair watching 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 12

stardust1

VIP Member
James annoys me like no other and people staying ‘loyal’ to him🤣Fuck off he just cost them 3K

Reactions: 11

Don’tStart

VIP Member
Just watched the final. The fact there was only a two grand difference between the amount of prize money accumulated by James and Larni is unbelievable, considering she took every temptation on offer.

In my opinion, I think Carolynne’s ethos paid off in the end having now seen the insignificant difference in money accumulated between those who took the temptations and those who didn’t. There’s no way I wouldn’t have gone on that safari. I think Luke, Tahira and James shot themselves in the foot by depriving themselves of such good experiences for the sake of some shitty self-discovering journey.

Such a shame there isn’t a bigger number of episodes. Hopefully, if the show gets commisssioned for another series they’ll have more episodes.

50sGirl

VIP Member
Imagine if only those who weren’t tempted could win the money and James is ruled out because of TeabagGate! 😆

• Haha
  • Heart

dannimoo

Personally I’d be happy to go home with about 10k and take the temptations to have a amazing experience because it looks bloody hard, I don’t need all that bullshit I’m on a journey of self discovery blah blah

Scragbags

VIP Member
20k is a pretty good packet to go away with still.
I'm gutted there wasn't a more dramatic twist tbh 🥲

• Heart

milkandhuni

James is the worst. So smug and the way he thinks that him and Luke are mentally stronger than Charlie is icky (not to mention the fact that Tahira hasn’t taken anything, has overcome her fear of heights, has gone through the experiment and yet he doesn’t even mention her!!!). I’m still watching to see how it all ends lol but I’m glad Charlie actually put his pride to one side
---
That was somewhat anti climatic

Last edited:
  • Heart

Don’tStart

VIP Member
I’ve just caught up, and god I’m unashamedly hooked on this. Can someone tell me what day new episodes air? I’m surprised there’s only been four episodes released so far, as I’m sure it was being advertised around the same time Rise and Fall begin and there’s been plenty of episodes of that.

The show’s concept is so clever.

I’m honestly torn over which group I like and loath. In my opinion, everyone in Carolynn’s group come across as more down-to-Earth and much nicer than those in Team A, so I would simply have to be in and amongst that crowd but at the same time, they’re all so destructive. Team B took every temptation on offer. Don’t get me wrong, I’d understand them treating themselves to one or two temptations but were the alcohol and the silent disco really necessary since they were due to be trekking across mountains the next day?

If I was on this show, I’d try to be the voice of reason amongst all the squawking from Carolyn (she doesn’t stop talking 😅) and the emotional blackmail from Charlie and James. For those wanting to take temptations, here’s what I’d ask them:

- How would you feel if you took this temptation and there was another temptation on offer further down the line, which would be better value for money but would provide you with far more satisfaction?
- Will this temptation (e.g. alcohol and junk food) hinder your performance when trekking across difficult terrain?
- Would temptations such as food and alcohol leave you wanting more further down the line? E.g. if you have a caffeine addiction, is it wise for you to be taking the temptation of coffee?
- Will the temptation provide long-term satisfaction? For example, if you’re offered a massage this could heal your body meaning you’ll be able to walk longer distance without succumbing to pain.
- Is the temptation a once in a lifetime experience? E.g. an African safari
- Is the temptation worth, James and Charlie going Rambo on your arse?
- Do you appreciate that if you take this temptation, Larni is guaranteed to as well?

I think if James and Charlie adopted this approach with fellow team members as opposed to intimidating people into resisting temptation, then they’d have a much less rebellious group on their hands who are currently splurging the money up the wall. I think they also do have to take into account, Carolynn’s point of view in that many of the experiences they’re being offered are once in a lifetime and I think it’s only fair that everyone gets to experience at least one of these amazing things such as a spa hotel or an African safari.

Despite this, does no one in the group appreciate that some people may be more keen to preserve the prize fund, because they aren’t financially comfortable outside of the reality show? It’s all fine and dandy Carolynn encouraging others to spend generous amounts of money, but the consequences of this may be far greater for other contestants who aren’t as financially well-off.

Larni’s just so ridiculous. She’s given into practically every temptation so far.

• Heart

AnnRKey

Chatty Member
I think they should have put some twists in at the end, e.g.
- remove James's sleeping bag (£500)
- gag Carolynn for 24 hours (£200)

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Candycrush

Chatty Member
Lots of the temptations were a bit pointless for Tahira. Look how many involved alcohol or things like the spa day or bath that meant she would have needed to wear skimpy clothing. I wonder if they had non-alcoholic drinks in the forest or in the cocktail bar as there wasn't really much for her to be tempted by!

Reactions: 10