Teen Mom Young & Pregnant #31

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
ā€œCharlie always says ā€œI have her all the timeā€ well yeah, you are a mumā€

and Brettā€™s her dad. Yet has her twice a month and people are still sticking up for him
He works full time though, Charlie sits on her arse & still seems to have Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£ to do what she wants šŸ™„šŸ™„ she obviously gonnna have her more when 37.5 hours of the week arenā€™t taken up by work

Reactions: 7
I think thatā€™s where you sign in to A&E šŸ˜‚
Oooops šŸ™ˆ she will be the type to tag herself there on fb and have hundreds ask if sheā€™s ok and will just ignore everyone or reply to a few saying will pm you šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 6
He works full time though, Charlie sits on her arse & still seems to have Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£ to do what she wants šŸ™„šŸ™„ she obviously gonnna have her more when 37.5 hours of the week arenā€™t taken up by work
Sheā€™s said several times that she works (she canā€™t have her nails done bc of it). We clearly donā€™t know what she does as sheā€™s kept it quiet so how can we say she sits on her arse.
I currently stay home and look after my baby but I still expect my partner to spend time with our son every single day, even after work.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Sheā€™s said several times that she works (she canā€™t have her nails done bc of it). We clearly donā€™t know what she does as sheā€™s kept it quiet so how can we say she sits on her arse.
I currently stay home and look after my baby but I still expect my partner to spend time with our son every single day, even after work.
I'm sure she posted herself wearing a black polo before with some sort of logo she probs just works in a pub or something hahahahaha

I thought her ā€˜workā€™ was selling that coffeešŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Reactions: 2
Bretts a dick, I canā€™t understand how dads can be happy only seeing their child twice a month.. my partner sometimes leaves for work before the kids wake up and doesnā€™t get back until theyā€™re in bed and is missing them not seeing them for one day while heā€™s working
Sorry Iā€™m a long-time lurker here and just been reading through this. I donā€™t usually post but I need to disagree with your first comment here. My brother work 12 hours/day Mon-Fri and unfortunately the Mother of his child will only really allow every other weekend stays. She wants some weekends with her kids (which I totally understand) and therefore thatā€™s the best they can come up with. I think youā€™ll find a lot more Dads then you realise are also in the same situation. Therefore slightly harsh to assume that these ā€œDadsā€ are happy with these arrangements. Co-parenting can be extremely frustrating at times, i know this first hand.
The problem here is that Brett & Charlie are extremely immature and have stupidly posted about everything on social media.
However, the problems they are facing, are a lot more common than we realise.Iā€™ll probably return to my background lurking againšŸ˜‚ I totally agree with most things posted here but
couldnā€™t possibly read this without helping to keep an open mind here that maybe Brett isnā€™t entirely ā€œhappyā€ with his arrangements but unfortunately like many others, his hands are tied.

• Sick
Reactions: 13
Omg would you climb out of her arse please? Starting to think youā€™re Huggins! All you ever do is defend Charlie and slate Brett.. very sus

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Yeah because Charlie isnā€™t the manipulative type and be like ā€œBrett you ainā€™t seeing her, if you want to see her take me to courtā€ when she doesnā€™t get her own way. šŸ™„ Charlie clearly works when all she does is sit on her arse taking selfies on the bed 24/7 I know when Iā€™m in work I barley have time to be on my phone never mind doing q&as asking myself questions and uploading on my story.
We only ever hear about his ā€œworkā€ when it get mentioned on here that she sits on her arse.
But sorry Brett and Charlie live separately, not even sure how far they live and Harlow needs a routine and we donā€™t even know bretts working hours. I assume by the time he finishes work it should be time for H to settle down.
Instead of living in this fairy land that Brett should be seeing H everyday after work etc be more realistic because for one itā€™s clear Brett and Charlie are still toxic to each other even when they ainā€™t together if itā€™s better this way for lack of interaction for them then itā€™s alright for H because at least she wouldnā€™t have to deal with them arguing everyday.

Reactions: 10
Sorry Iā€™m a long-time lurker here and just been reading through this. I donā€™t usually post but I need to disagree with your first comment here. My brother work 12 hours/day Mon-Fri and unfortunately the Mother of his child will only really allow every other weekend stays. She wants some weekends with her kids (which I totally understand) and therefore thatā€™s the best they can come up with. I think youā€™ll find a lot more Dads then you realise are also in the same situation. Therefore slightly harsh to assume that these ā€œDadsā€ are happy with these arrangements. Co-parenting can be extremely frustrating at times, i know this first hand.
The problem here is that Brett & Charlie are extremely immature and have stupidly posted about everything on social media.
However, the problems they are facing, are a lot more common than we realise.Iā€™ll probably return to my background lurking againšŸ˜‚ I totally agree with most things posted here but
couldnā€™t possibly read this without helping to keep an open mind here that maybe Brett isnā€™t entirely ā€œhappyā€ with his arrangements but unfortunately like many others, his hands are tied.
Thereā€™s no need to get offended for a comment that wasnā€™t even made about your brother.. but from experience a lot of dads are happy with that amount of contact and donā€™t push or try for more and coming from someone whoā€™s parents are still together so grew up seeing my dad everyday and from someone who is still with my childrenā€™s father and how he is from not seeing his children one day because he works, it just shocks me that dads will just settle for seeing there kids a very little amount.. I also donā€™t agree with the fact of they work so they donā€™t see them as often, you would try and make it work so you could see your kids more often, I understand if the mum is being difficult and hard work and keeping the kids from the father, then thatā€™s crappy, but thatā€™s clearly not happening here as Charlie palms harlow off to literally anyone who will have her, so Iā€™m sure if Brett offered to have her more than she would be fine with that, but he doesnā€™t even want to be a part time dad at this point, seeing your child twice a month is not ok

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Thereā€™s no need to get offended for a comment that wasnā€™t even made about your brother.. but from experience a lot of dads are happy with that amount of contact and donā€™t push or try for more and coming from someone whoā€™s parents are still together so grew up seeing my dad everyday and from someone who is still with my childrenā€™s father and how he is from not seeing his children one day because he works, it just shocks me that dads will just settle for seeing there kids a very little amount.. I also donā€™t agree with the fact of they work so they donā€™t see them as often, you would try and make it work so you could see your kids more often, I understand if the mum is being difficult and hard work and keeping the kids from the father, then thatā€™s crappy, but thatā€™s clearly not happening here as Charlie palms harlow off to literally anyone who will have her, so Iā€™m sure if Brett offered to have her more than she would be fine with that, but he doesnā€™t even want to be a part time dad at this point, seeing your child twice a month is not ok
It's not like they're even far away from each other, I agree he should try do more

Reactions: 1
Iā€™m not sure now cos sheā€™s deleted one of them, but the one she kept up looks like it could be from today.
She does need to learn to keep things offline, but I can understand the frustration sheā€™s feeling. Coparenting is hard when youā€™re on complete different pages
Did anyone get a screenshot of these messages? I missed them..

I wouldnā€™t go as far as saying it offended me, nor my brother. Itā€™s more so a comment i clearly didnā€™t agree with, arent we all on this site to have discussions?
I see how quickly people are to judge and make comments when in reality, they might not have a clue of others situations. I also notice how quickly those who arenā€™t agreed with, can get very defensive. If youā€™re going to post a public comment, expect a bit of backlash. You can certainly comment on Brett as you know what he posts, however to make a general comment can be very hurtful for somebody. Some Dads may be happy with that kind of contact and yes that is wrong, but some arenā€™t and havenā€™t got much choice in the matter.
We donā€™t know how much Brett is allowed to see his child, theyā€™ll allow us to see what they want and thatā€™s all we can comment on:).

Reactions: 5
I wouldnā€™t go as far as saying it offended me, nor my brother. Itā€™s more so a comment i clearly didnā€™t agree with, arent we all on this site to have discussions?
I see how quickly people are to judge and make comments when in reality, they might not have a clue of others situations. I also notice how quickly those who arenā€™t agreed with, can get very defensive. If youā€™re going to post a public comment, expect a bit of backlash. You can certainly comment on Brett as you know what he posts, however to make a general comment can be very hurtful for somebody. Some Dads may be happy with that kind of contact and yes that is wrong, but some arenā€™t and havenā€™t got much choice in the matter.
We donā€™t know how much Brett is allowed to see his child, theyā€™ll allow us to see what they want and thatā€™s all we can comment on:).
Charlie has posted screenshots of her asking him to see Harlow more and he said no.. thatā€™s what my comments were based on, also based on other dads that I know who are happy with the twice a month visits, like you said itā€™s a discussion, from your experience, your brother is clearly a good dad and wants to be involved in his childrenā€™s lives, which is great, but the majority that Iā€™ve seen is dads that are happy to be a part time parent

Reactions: 1
I bet when he has H, heā€™s spending quality time with her. Unlike Charlie, who palms her off during the time they have together.
I work full-time and I honestly find I ā€œbabysitā€ my Daughter, I come in from work, put her to bed.. wake up take her to my Mums. The only time I get to spend quality time with her is when Iā€™m not working (usually the weekend). I suppose you donā€™t know how hard it is with a child and working full-time unless youā€™ve done it yourself. šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø

Charlie has posted screenshots of her asking him to see Harlow more and he said no.. thatā€™s what my comments were based on, also based on other dads that I know who are happy with the twice a month visits, like you said itā€™s a discussion, from your experience, your brother is clearly a good dad and wants to be involved in his childrenā€™s lives, which is great, but the majority that Iā€™ve seen is dads that are happy to be a part time parent
Well I apologise, I havenā€™t seen these screenshots just going on what I know and that is that i donā€™t know fully their situation.
I agree with what youā€™re saying completely. I just have experience with Co-parenting myself as my Mum & Dad split up when I was young. He went on to have another son and now weā€™re both older we often talk about how different our experiences with our Dad are. The weekends he had me, he would have off work and spend lots of quality time with me. The time with him, he would spend at work and maybe see him for 10 minutes a night (if heā€™s lucky) before he goes to bed.
I didnā€™t ever feel my Dad was crappy for being a ā€œpart-timeā€ parent. I have lots of memories with him even if it was twice a month. I also totally appreciate that there are Dads that do both. Iā€™m not trying to stick up for Brett too much as Iā€™m aware he has his faults but my gosh, I feel so sad for H in all of this.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.