Teen Mom UK #24

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why does it even matter if she wants a diagnosis for the benefits though? The NHS won't give her a diagnosis just for the sake of it - I know a really annoying woman who thinks she has every condition under the sun who was convinced she had ADHD and autism and the assessment was negative for both - and if her son has a condition that means she's entitled to benefits then what's wrong with her claiming them
Exactly, the diagnostic process is extremely rigid and she won't get an easy ride just because she's on the telly

Reactions: 4
I was just about to post something similar, this is hilarious to me.. where I’m from stone island is the attire of drug dealers and football hooligans 😂😂
Same here, you’re not even allowed in some nightclubs near me if you’re wearing stone island 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Same here, you’re not even allowed in some nightclubs near me if you’re wearing stone island 😂
Just find this comical as where I'm from it's generally the chavs, or thoughs that can afford to splash their cash, that will mostly be wearing it seems its so expensive.

Reactions: 5
I think the reason some struggle to believing Amber and Ste with the adhd or autism claims is because of how dysfunctional they are. I’m not an expert at all, but my little boy has adhd and was similar to how Brooklyn behaved when he was younger, but he grew up in a much more stable environment. Of course if Brooklyn is neurodivergent, I really hope them as a family get help and support, but often it comes across like he’s mirroring behaviour he’s seen/has never really had any proper behaviour boundaries enforced by either of them. Ste comes across too slack and Amber too lazy.

I actually hope she gets a diagnosis, so that she can research how to look after her boys - because neurodivergent people sometimes do need support and some of us are oblivious to how we might have to adapt.
I say this because I fear that she won’t put in the effort to do the work if there’s not a solid ‘reason’ for him acting up, if that makes sense. If he has ADHD/Autism, then she will likely find forums, groups, etc cause there’ll be a blueprint on how to handle him and extra support. I fear she won’t have the get up and go otherwise. I hope that’s not offensive

I very much doubt that some of these comments are coming from autistic individuals. Just working with autistic people or knowing an autistic person, caring for an autistic person or having an autistic family member does not make it ok for people to speak on it.
You don’t have to suffer from a condition to be educated on it and experience it. That’s like saying a doctor can not diagnose something because they haven’t got it themselves. It makes no sense. Also you can have ADHD and not be autistic or on the spectrum, so you definitely don’t have to have autism to comment on ADHD or to have it or understand it. I’ll stop talking about it now as it’s derailing. 😳👀

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
I found this week's episode very difficult to watch. Sassi is way too hard on Zenaya, the way she was shouting at her was so sad to watch. She looked so sad and terrified, if I was a child and my mum was shouting at me like that, it would make me even more reluctant to learn or if I did that to my child. She's so impatient and wants perfection all the time and that's just not how you parent. I love Mia, I feel like she's extremely mature and wants the best for Marliya, its always the same sort of storyline with Chloe. I really feel for Amber, she does try her best

I can imagine Darren won't be too happy if he's seen this weeks episode. I really like him, he's a good dad, he's a grafter and he's really nice to look at.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
I found this week's episode very difficult to watch. Sassi is way too hard on Zenaya, the way she was shouting at her was so sad to watch. She looked so sad and terrified, if I was a child and my mum was shouting at me like that, it would make me even more reluctant to learn or if I did that to my child. She's so impatient and wants perfection all the time and that's just not how you parent. I love Mia, I feel like she's extremely mature and wants the best for Marliya, its always the same sort of storyline with Chloe. I really feel for Amber, she does try her best

I can imagine Darren won't be too happy if he's seen this weeks episode. I really like him, he's a good dad, he's a grafter and he's really nice to look at.
Could you imagine being Darren's next girlfriend and dealing with Butch (Sassi) his next relationships won't last five minutes because she's a nasty piece of work.
She was like a bully to her daughter and it was uncomfortable to watch "What you crying for!?" Sort of things the bullies snap to their victims after making them low!!
Anger management went well I see 👀

Reactions: 17
I didn't say she isn't entitled to extra financial help if he's diagnosed so don't know why that's been said... I was simply offering some reasons as to why she is wanting him to be diagnosed other than just generally wanting "support" as she said. Someone previously commented something along the lines of "why is she desperate for him to be diagnosed?" and I was offering some reasons :)

I think the reason some struggle to believing Amber and Ste with the adhd or autism claims is because of how dysfunctional they are. I’m not an expert at all, but my little boy has adhd and was similar to how Brooklyn behaved when he was younger, but he grew up in a much more stable environment. Of course if Brooklyn is neurodivergent, I really hope them as a family get help and support, but often it comes across like he’s mirroring behaviour he’s seen/has never really had any proper behaviour boundaries enforced by either of them. Ste comes across too slack and Amber too lazy.
I echo this, my son is autistic and we were once told it went in our favour that we had such a stable home, nuclear family, no recent drama or anything as they wouldn’t look to that as a cause of behaviour first and it sped up the diagnosis. Where as my friend who’d recently split up with her partner had to wait longer to see if her sons behaviour was a reflection of the recent upheaval.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Could you imagine being Darren's next girlfriend and dealing with Butch (Sassi) his next relationships won't last five minutes because she's a nasty piece of work.
She was like a bully to her daughter and it was uncomfortable to watch "What you crying for!?" Sort of things the bullies snap to their victims after making them low!!
This is 100% true, Darren would never be able to move on with another girl😳😳😳

Reactions: 14
I know almost nothing about all of these clothing brands. Designer labels are just something I’ve never had any interest in. I’ve just watched the bit in earlier seasons though, where Chloe’s writing down finances for affording a house and she got annoyed at her Mum when she told her to “get real” for saying she spends £30 a month on clothes 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Don’t the girls get gifted off base? Chloe always seems to be working with them. They probably get good discounts with them too.

Reactions: 9
Yet your bringing up how children who have suffered DV or varies other childhood trauma, how they are leading productive happy lifes so it most definitely isn't their environment, that statement in itself can also be deemed as ignorant, especially since childhood trauma can resurface many years later on in life.
My ex-husband grew up with his own mother being disorganised, having no clue how to raise children and with his parents having an abusive relationship. Also had the same dynamic as Brooklyn and Hudson where one child is already labelled “The Naughty One” despite them both seeming to be equally as bad.
He was diagnosed with ADHD as a child and medicated.
As an adult he has had therapy and has had his diagnosis overturned and had instead been diagnosed with ComplexPTSD from his childhood.
Not saying Amber’s parenting is so bad that Brooklyn will have PTSD btw just agreeing with that above poster who is correcting those posting incorrect information.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
I can see her going mad at Zenaya if she shows any inkling of liking someone Darren’s with too, if the jealousy she showed when Zenaya said she likes her Dad’s house is anything to go by.

Reactions: 17
I know he probably sees a lot of girls in private but I can only recall Darren dating one girl since Sassi? Seems unusual for someone who should find it easy to attract girls.
I guess Charlie, Shannon’s baby Dad doesn’t seem to be in a relationship but he is right?

Reactions: 6
Just caught up.. Chloe is irritating trying to be all rebellious against her mom with a nose piercing and forcing a proposal from dick pics Jordan.
Sassi is aggressive and cruel, I see what she’s trying to do, but she needs to chill out a little! A teacher wouldn’t witch out a kid like that after 3 months at school!
Mia, hmmm I like her but the scenes with the kid come across as very scripted.
Amber, I stand by what I said before, she really needs to get some organisation in her life and start disciplining the kids. I feel that she wants a diagnosis so she can sit back and blame everything on him being adhd etc and then she will go down the same path with Hudson.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I can see her going mad at Zenaya if she shows any inkling of liking someone Darren’s with too, if the jealousy she showed when Zenaya said she likes her Dad’s house is anything to go by.
I think you can guarantee that’s how their storylines will go in the future. It’ll be so painful to watch.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.