Teen Mom UK #24

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I personally think Amber is correct and I think B is probably autistic and maybe ADHD as well. She states in that comment that there is maternal links to autism as well. There are children living in far far far more dysfunctional homes than B, some living with DV, fled from war torn countries. So if that is the case then why aren’t all these kids challenging as well then? Ambers house can be messy, but it’s not exactly filthy with tit smeared everywhere and rubbish strewn all over the floor and it certainly wouldn’t cause challenging behaviour. Children aren’t purposely ‘naughty’ they are the best they can be so that for me points to autism for B. I think the last thing amber needs right now is people judging her as a parent. Her mental health has clearly took a dip and I can’t say I can blame her! It’s really hard to manage challenging children especially when there is clearly a huge lack in support from Ste and her family. I’ve been judged by school mums for my autistic child’s violent behaviour, There has been comments similar to what’s been said on here that he must be witnessing it at home or he must be getting hit at home. Couldn’t be further from the truth, me and his dad show so much love to each other, we have an incredibly enriched life for our kids and we have never raised a hand to either of them and practice gentle parenting as much as possible. Amber has done nothing different to most of the other mums on the show, it’s just that the other kids are neurotypical so there’s nothing to judge them on 🤦‍♀️
You do realise kids that experience trauma couldn’t just automatically become badly behaved it doesn’t take time for the brain to process what’s happened and every individual is different sometimes it needs time to manifest and it would at times slowly show challenging behaviour or at times the individual shuts down.
Even in the sample for next weeks episodes Amber goes to ste and even says Brooklyn is seeing how ste treats her and thinks it’s normal and says it’s contributing to Brooklyn’s behaviour also.
Ether way if he has ASD/adhd or not the lad needs boundaries for his behaviour and not just excuses for it

• Heart
Reactions: 11
If you look into statistics a high amount of children who experience these things actually do struggle with behaviour and act out and find it hard to concentrate etc. Why do you think when children get put into foster care after having horrendous home lives they struggle to fit in places and it takes a long time to settle them and get behaviour under control? A lot of the time then when the child is shown routine and stability consistently their behaviour improves. A lot of children act out when seeing things they shouldn’t see. Also some may class Amber and Ste’s shouting and way they are as a classic DV relationship!

Regardless doesn’t mean he doesn’t have ADHD, but I’m just saying and correcting you that some children do in fact show these traits and patterns of behaviour purely based on upbringing and environment.
Agree with you 100% yes having a diagnosis helps with understanding your child ( my 8 year old has ASD ) amber has a lot of time to defend herself but no time to tidy up. Children with struggles should still be shown the correct way, I.e we respect our belongings, not trash them and not care ! Life lessons and skills still need to be taught. Their are plenty of free online courses out there for parents awaiting diagnosis I did a few before my son was officially diagnosed. It can and most likely will take years. ADHD could be part of B behaviour hone environment is deffo another part. She needs to sort herself out there is so much potential with amber it makes me angry she has just given up. I think she is deffo struggling with her own mental health and needs help there. How can she be there to help B is she isn’t helping herself. And what about Hudson who from the bits we see isn’t the best behaved either. It’s so sad

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Multiple reasons Amber would want a diagnosis for B; she could claim PIP for him, wouldn't be expected to find a full time job, less judgement for her parenting...
Children don’t get PIP - it’s still DLA for them. And it’s not easy to get at all. I had to go to tribunal for one of my autistic daughter’s claims, even though we had extensive reports showing her difficulties (both academic and otherwise. She’s 13 and can’t even wash her own hair for example). So I’m just saying it’s not easy to claim.

It’s also possible that the younger child will have the same problems as B.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
"If I didn't have marley I would have a rolex"
The reason you have the house, the car and lifestyle is BECAUSE of marley! She wouldn't have the money she has now if she didn't have a baby young and be on teen mom and have the following and paid ads. So no you wouldn't have a role if you didn't have marley!! Deluded.
I said this before. Chloe wouldn’t have any of what she’s got if it wasn’t for Marley, maybe rather than looking at what she hasn’t got she should look at the blessing she has got!

Reactions: 15
I personally think Amber is correct and I think B is probably autistic and maybe ADHD as well. She states in that comment that there is maternal links to autism as well. There are children living in far far far more dysfunctional homes than B, some living with DV, fled from war torn countries. So if that is the case then why aren’t all these kids challenging as well then?
Not trying to be funny here, but Amber & Ste both keep giving conflicting information. If autism is in her family already, then how comes she speaks on having an assessment prior to this one yet no autism was suspected that time.

I honestly hope you do realise childhood trauma can affect children that witness things much later on in life aswell. Statistics also show as well as common sense, that children witnessing their parents arguing on a practically daily basis, can most definitely have a profound affect on their mental health.

And as for Ste, if he actually had ADHD as a child, as I said on a previous comment he would most definitely have it still on his medical records. Which the professionals with Ste consent, will be able to gain access to

Reactions: 8
Honestly you lot on here are laughable no absolutely nothing about being autistic or having ADHD but keep putting your 2 pence in 😂.
How do you know who does or doesn’t have experience in what? 🤷🏻‍♀️ Everyone’s experience is different, no two people are the same either.. There are people on this thread I’m sure who’ve commented who deal with these conditions by having it themselves or their children/close family and some are professionals who work with people closely who have these conditions.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
How do you know who does or doesn’t have experience in what? 🤷🏻‍♀️ Everyone’s experience is different, no two people are the same either.. There are people on this thread I’m sure who’ve commented who deal with these conditions by having it themselves or their children/close family and some are professionals who work with people closely who have these conditions.
I very much doubt that some of these comments are coming from autistic individuals. Just working with autistic people or knowing an autistic person, caring for an autistic person or having an autistic family member does not make it ok for people to speak on it. Most of the autistic community would agree with me that we do not need NT voices speaking on our behalf. Especially when most of what’s being posted here is nonsense! I will admit I am having crazy PMS at the moment so perhaps I am sensitive and overreacting but these comments are spreading false information!

Reactions: 5
Honestly you lot on here are laughable no absolutely nothing about being autistic or having ADHD but keep putting your 2 pence in 😂. Been a long standing member on this thread but can’t bare to read anymore nonsense from you all 🤦‍♀️

Not trying to be funny but let’s just be funny 😂. Oh sorry didn’t know you was autistic and therefore have a VALID opinion
Trust wasn't trying be funny just merely stating the obvious 😭
I think the problem with you, is you are bringing in your own personal issues, especially while going off topic, when your bringing up stuff like how people suspect that your own child is behaving in the way that they do, as it's possibly learnt behaviour from the home environment. Then you go on to say how your child is raised in a loving stable environment yada, yada 🥴
oh and never said I was an expert in autism, but most definitely know a far bit on ADHD in children, so wrong on that score.

• Haha
Children don’t get PIP - it’s still DLA for them. And it’s not easy to get at all. I had to go to tribunal for one of my autistic daughter’s claims, even though we had extensive reports showing her difficulties (both academic and otherwise. She’s 13 and can’t even wash her own hair for example). So I’m just saying it’s not easy to claim.

It’s also possible that the younger child will have the same problems as B.
its really naive of people to think that just by an getting a diagnoses that Amber will get all these benefit, not have to look for a job and get a bigger house. If only it was that easy 🤣 trust me it isn’t

Anyway I’m moving on from this discussion, I enjoy this thread so will just mute the posters with their ignorant opinions and will leave it at that.
OK then so you're the only person on here who is allowed to have an opinion on this topic 🤣 it's an open forum didn't realise it turned into a debate over who knows more and is more experienced in the matter 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
That same poster was the one that said we shouldn’t discuss Brooklyn’s possible diagnosis even though his parents allow it to be filmed for TV
E308F5C5-7DC8-458D-8D43-268E23F67E11.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Anyway I’m moving on from this discussion, I enjoy this thread so will just mute the posters with their ignorant opinions and will leave it at that.
Well mute me then as should of just done that in the first place 💀as it pretty ignorant of you also, to just assume people that are commenting stuff that just because it doesn't fit your narrative, that they then don't know what they are talking about.
Yet your bringing up how children who have suffered DV or varies other childhood trauma, how they are leading productive happy lifes so it most definitely isn't their environment, that statement in itself can also be deemed as ignorant, especially since childhood trauma can resurface many years later on in life.
Food for thought though, you could possibly try a different approach, which is bringing your knowledge without sounding so aggressive

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Tbh if Brooklyn gets a diagnosis that qualifies for additional financial support, she is entitled to claim those benefits so why shouldn't she 🤷‍♀️ the concerns with Brooklyn's behaviour would've happened regardless of whether she went on the show or not and it's hardly like he plays up for the cameras either as it carried on between filming. I don't know if claims for children are governed by the same eligibility criteria as that for adults which take into consideration savings etc, but regardless of her "status" she clearly struggles

Reactions: 9
Tbh if Brooklyn gets a diagnosis that qualifies for additional financial support, she is entitled to claim those benefits so why shouldn't she 🤷‍♀️ the concerns with Brooklyn's behaviour would've happened regardless of whether she went on the show or not and it's hardly like he plays up for the cameras either as it carried on between filming. I don't know if claims for children are governed by the same eligibility criteria as that for adults which take into consideration savings etc, but regardless of her "status" she clearly struggles
I don't think anybody was saying Brooklyns behaviour is put on, I think the commenter possibly meant, she looking for a diagnosis in order to be able to claim certain benefits🤷🏽‍♀️

Reactions: 4
I don't think anybody was saying Brooklyns behaviour is put on, I think the commenter possibly meant, she looking for a diagnosis in order to be able to claim certain benefits🤷🏽‍♀️
I'm not implying that anybody said its put on, the comment was for context

Reactions: 3
Why does it even matter if she wants a diagnosis for the benefits though? The NHS won't give her a diagnosis just for the sake of it - I know a really annoying woman who thinks she has every condition under the sun who was convinced she had ADHD and autism and the assessment was negative for both - and if her son has a condition that means she's entitled to benefits then what's wrong with her claiming them

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.