Teen Mom UK #24

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In regards to the designer clothes, it’s possible that some of this stuff gets gifted to them as they are now established on TV and designers sometimes give clothes to people classed as influencers just to advertise them. They probably have enough followers for this to be a possibility?

This might be an unpopular opinion. I do see where you're coming from, however a diagnosis also opens avenues for additional support throughout Brooklyn's schooling, access to children's mental health teams and specific parenting courses, and also the possibility of starting medication. Genetic predisposition is also a significant contributing factor in ADHD, which we've now found out Ste has, making a diagnosis for Brooklyn even more likely. I do agree that Amber's home life could be more structured and that she could improve on discipline, but as somebody who has struggled my whole life with undiagnosed ADHD that wasn't picked up until I was 23, my educational and employment outcomes would've been exponentially better if I had the support in place from an age similar to Brooklyn's.. I praise Amber for advocating for her son as much as she has done
I agree with you. Professionals obviously agree with Amber and they are the only ones qualified to actually diagnose. Of course it makes a difference to have a dx because you are then entitled to more support. Also, understanding your child is important. You can’t expect a child to behave NT if they’re not.

Reactions: 4
My partner and I were saying that we don’t understand why she’s pushing for a diagnosis like she thinks it will change anything. She still has to find ways to deal with Brooklyn and figure out what triggers him. It’s like she thinks as soon as she gets confirmation that it’s adhd then his bad behaviour will go away
A diagnosis will change quite a bit, and she will also receive further benefits for Brooklyn meaning that she won’t be pushed to find a job. She would receive carers allowance for him & extra child benefits I believe. Also, if she’s in a 2 bed (not sure if she is) she would be the highest priority for moving house, as Brooklyn would need his own bedroom due to additional needs.

Reactions: 3
That seen with Sassi and Z made for really uncomfortable viewing. I can't even spell her name as an adult.

Amber's garden was awful does she private rent? I can't see many landlords being okay with their property being in that state

Reactions: 11
This might be an unpopular opinion. I do see where you're coming from, however a diagnosis also opens avenues for additional support throughout Brooklyn's schooling, access to children's mental health teams and specific parenting courses, and also the possibility of starting medication. Genetic predisposition is also a significant contributing factor in ADHD, which we've now found out Ste has, making a diagnosis for Brooklyn even more likely. I do agree that Amber's home life could be more structured and that she could improve on discipline, but as somebody who has struggled my whole life with undiagnosed ADHD that wasn't picked up until I was 23, my educational and employment outcomes would've been exponentially better if I had the support in place from an age similar to Brooklyn's.. I praise Amber for advocating for her son as much as she has done
I’m still a bit hesitant over ste having it, something about that episode didn’t add up for someone who’s been diagnosed with something. To say “I did have it as a child” isn’t something someone who formally been diagnosed with something would say, they would have a lot more understanding about it and know it doesn’t just go away. The hesitation and argument with Amber when she suggested it and deflecting from the conversation in hand. I suppose if you had a bad experience you would try and deflect and say “it’s different when he’s at mine we see it differently” I defensiveness of it all just seemed really strange to me.
And I don’t believe he was above in school 😂 like I'm really ste but you really do remind me of the kids in my year who everyone avoided who were in the below sets and people forgot they existed until it was exam time.
🤷🏼‍♀️ I get the feeling he’s just saying some of this stuff to try and put Amber off getting a diagnosis or something it’s just strange

Reactions: 7
Sorry, what I meant was that a diagnosis isn’t going to change anything without Amber changing the way she does things/deal with brooklyns behaviour. I understand it’ll mean more support for him, but nothing will change unless Amber changes it

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Sorry, what I meant was that a diagnosis isn’t going to change anything without Amber changing the way she does things/deal with brooklyns behaviour. I understand it’ll mean more support for him, but nothing will change unless Amber changes it
I understood what you meant x

Reactions: 1
That seen with Sassi and Z made for really uncomfortable viewing. I can't even spell her name as an adult.

Amber's garden was awful does she private rent? I can't see many landlords being okay with their property being in that state
Have you seen the clip of the rest of her house? I don’t think her landlord gives a tit to be quite honest! She’s the one who should be complaining to him about the state of the bathroom and kitchen

I’m still a bit hesitant over ste having it, something about that episode didn’t add up for someone who’s been diagnosed with something. To say “I did have it as a child” isn’t something someone who formally been diagnosed with something would say, they would have a lot more understanding about it and know it doesn’t just go away. The hesitation and argument with Amber when she suggested it and deflecting from the conversation in hand. I suppose if you had a bad experience you would try and deflect and say “it’s different when he’s at mine we see it differently” I defensiveness of it all just seemed really strange to me.
And I don’t believe he was above in school 😂 like I'm really ste but you really do remind me of the kids in my year who everyone avoided who were in the below sets and people forgot they existed until it was exam time.
🤷🏼‍♀️ I get the feeling he’s just saying some of this stuff to try and put Amber off getting a diagnosis or something it’s just strange
Tbays what I think and why I said his parents probably said he had it when he was younger to palm off his bad behaviour. Anyone with ADHD or knowledge of it knows it’s definitely not just bad behaviour and understands everything that goes with it mentally. Seriously when someone says something like “in my day we didn’t have adhd we had the belt” or something equally ridiculous I want to push them over. If Ste had ADHD, diagnosed, he wouldn’t say that about Brooklyn. He’s a knob

Reactions: 8
Changing the subject abit but don't you think Chloe is starting to look like a frog 🐸 with her silly lip fillers?
She's putting on that annoying posh voice from the early seasons too, I just can't bring myself to like hey.
So self absorbed, spoilt and false!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Dear Deirdre my boyfriend keeps sending dick pics to people help! 🤣

Her caption ‘sorry I’m in a meeting’ . It should be ‘sorry I’m revising my maths gcse’ hun, you haven’t even got a job anymore 😂

She’s desperate to always look rich . That one hoody probs cost more than her monthly mortgage ffs make it make sense. Reminds of when she made a YouTube video of her going to Louis Vuitton .. and the comment ‘if I didn’t have Marley I would have a Rolex now’ 😭 who even thinks like that? Same reason she had to have a Mercedes for her first car and now a Range Rover . All for show . It’s people like that who normally don’t have much and spend every last penny to look rich .
"If I didn't have marley I would have a rolex"
The reason you have the house, the car and lifestyle is BECAUSE of marley! She wouldn't have the money she has now if she didn't have a baby young and be on teen mom and have the following and paid ads. So no you wouldn't have a role if you didn't have marley!! Deluded.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
"If I didn't have marley I would have a rolex"
The reason you have the house, the car and lifestyle is BECAUSE of marley! She wouldn't have the money she has now if she didn't have a baby young and be on teen mom and have the following and paid ads. So no you wouldn't have a role if you didn't have marley!! Deluded.
This is what winds me up when she says before she had Marley she had ‘BIG DREAMS’. When she got pregnant with Marley she was working in M&S, had dropped out of school and got no GCSE’s. She then quit her job in M&S and didn’t work through her pregnancy because she said she was ‘embarrassed’. Sorry but what were these big dreams you missed out on then? 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I’m not sure how having Marley stops Chloe from doing something “big”. She’s in a better position than the other mums, she has stability and comes from what looks like a good background, I think it’s just laziness as with most of them. They want influencing to become their career now and I just don’t see it happening. You’d think someone would say to them to get proper jobs or go to college/uni because this show won’t last forever.

Reactions: 19
Chloe said she might have another baby in about 7 years but Marley would be almost a teenager then! Not that it's unheard of but it's a big age gap to have.

Reactions: 16
I don't really get the issue with Amber and the ADHD/autism stuff, yes obviously the diagnosis won't change anything but isn't the whole point that she doesn't know how to communicate with Brooklyn (as she keeps saying) and by getting a diagnosis they will both get support to improve that? I think it's a bit overly critical to suggest she thinks getting the diagnosis will solve the issue to be honest, personally I think it's quite brave to go on TV and say you're struggling with your kids and can't communicate with them. She's annoying in other ways don't get me wrong but if Brooklyn is neurodivergent then good on her for pushing to get a diagnosis and support. Ste is clearly one of those people who doesn't 'believe' in things like ADHD, when he said 'I had ADHD as a child' I rolled my eyes so hard - probably he had behavioural problems and someone suggested he had ADHD or something, like someone else said you don't grow out of ADHD so it isn't something you 'had as a child'. I don't know why Ste is so resistant to this whole thing, if Brooklyn is assessed and doesn't have either ADHD or autism then what's the problem - and if he does, then support can be obtained. Amber seems to really struggle with the boys and she has them most of the time, her own Mum is quite frankly useless too, lots to criticise her for but a young parent with no real support network of her own seeking help for her kids? No problems for me 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 13
I find the whole thing of Ste saying he had ADHD ‘as a kid’ so strange. Clearly he didn’t have an official diagnoses of ADHD.. and it doesn’t just disappear as an adult.. and why would he only mention it now, she acted like she had never heard him say that before? They’ve known each other years and something big like that has never came up? Clearly one of his family have said that in passing to him or around him and he’s got it in his head but has no real understanding of it. If he was officially diagnosed with ADHD the team dealing with Brooklyn would have to be aware of that. It could be possible Ste could have it or even have a learning difficulty, I’m just saying I don’t think he’s actually been diagnosed.

Reactions: 5
I personally think Amber is correct and I think B is probably autistic and maybe ADHD as well. She states in that comment that there is maternal links to autism as well. There are children living in far far far more dysfunctional homes than B, some living with DV, fled from war torn countries. So if that is the case then why aren’t all these kids challenging as well then? Ambers house can be messy, but it’s not exactly filthy with tit smeared everywhere and rubbish strewn all over the floor and it certainly wouldn’t cause challenging behaviour. Children aren’t purposely ‘naughty’ they are the best they can be so that for me points to autism for B. I think the last thing amber needs right now is people judging her as a parent. Her mental health has clearly took a dip and I can’t say I can blame her! It’s really hard to manage challenging children especially when there is clearly a huge lack in support from Ste and her family. I’ve been judged by school mums for my autistic child’s violent behaviour, There has been comments similar to what’s been said on here that he must be witnessing it at home or he must be getting hit at home. Couldn’t be further from the truth, me and his dad show so much love to each other, we have an incredibly enriched life for our kids and we have never raised a hand to either of them and practice gentle parenting as much as possible. Amber has done nothing different to most of the other mums on the show, it’s just that the other kids are neurotypical so there’s nothing to judge them on 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 8
I personally think Amber is correct and I think B is probably autistic and maybe ADHD as well. She states in that comment that there is maternal links to autism as well. There are children living in far far far more dysfunctional homes than B, some living with DV, fled from war torn countries. So if that is the case then why aren’t all these kids challenging as well then? Ambers house can be messy, but it’s not exactly filthy with tit smeared everywhere and rubbish strewn all over the floor and it certainly wouldn’t cause challenging behaviour. Children aren’t purposely ‘naughty’ they are the best they can be so that for me points to autism for B. I think the last thing amber needs right now is people judging her as a parent. Her mental health has clearly took a dip and I can’t say I can blame her! It’s really hard to manage challenging children especially when there is clearly a huge lack in support from Ste and her family. I’ve been judged by school mums for my autistic child’s violent behaviour, There has been comments similar to what’s been said on here that he must be witnessing it at home or he must be getting hit at home. Couldn’t be further from the truth, me and his dad show so much love to each other, we have an incredibly enriched life for our kids and we have never raised a hand to either of them and practice gentle parenting as much as possible. Amber has done nothing different to most of the other mums on the show, it’s just that the other kids are neurotypical so there’s nothing to judge them on 🤦‍♀️
Have you not seen all of the comments about Sassi this week? And Mia gets judged a lot on how she parents Marliya

Reactions: 3
There are children living in far far far more dysfunctional homes than B, some living with DV, fled from war torn countries. So if that is the case then why aren’t all these kids challenging as well then?
If you look into statistics a high amount of children who experience these things actually do struggle with behaviour and act out and find it hard to concentrate etc. Why do you think when children get put into foster care after having horrendous home lives they struggle to fit in places and it takes a long time to settle them and get behaviour under control? A lot of the time then when the child is shown routine and stability consistently their behaviour improves. A lot of children act out when seeing things they shouldn’t see. Also some may class Amber and Ste’s shouting and way they are as a classic DV relationship!

Regardless doesn’t mean he doesn’t have ADHD, but I’m just saying and correcting you that some children do in fact show these traits and patterns of behaviour purely based on upbringing and environment.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Multiple reasons Amber would want a diagnosis for B; she could claim PIP for him, wouldn't be expected to find a full time job, less judgement for her parenting...

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.