Teen Mom UK #23

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes when it is autistic voices who know exactly what it’s like to autistic and therefore valid. Most of these comments are actually untrue and just the opinion of the OP which is damaging. Thank you.
Yeah but that’s why I’m saying you could possibly use it as a teachable moment since you, yourself are autistic. And I know my perspective from my nephew is valid as I’ve been involved first hand but fair enough ☺

Reactions: 3
been watching all the series. recently caught up on the last one and can totally relate to amber and brooklyn, my son is 3 years old and we are currently on the pathway to a diagnoses, he masks too quite a lot, we see so many people and been told it can take a couple off years for a diagnoses, i find it good that she has shared this part off her story because a lot off mums like myself can relate.

Reactions: 7
ive watched this show since the start and i honestly truly cannot understand what any woman or man would see in manley - he is childish, petty and rude and god knows how he's managed to spend 6/7 years going from erin to mia back to erin. they should've both sacked him off LONG ago!

Reactions: 27
I think it’s sad how at the start of the show Chloe, Amber and Sassi all seemed to have goals in life regarding working and now they all only seem to care about being influencers. Sassi was a proper little grafter at the start as well

Reactions: 29
I think it’s sad how at the start of the show Chloe, Amber and Sassi all seemed to have goals in life regarding working and now they all only seem to care about being influencers. Sassi was a proper little grafter at the start as well
They all get sucked into the influencing dream but it’s not as easy as it seems and given we can see their real lives, when they’re trying to promote stuff it doesn’t seem as genuine that they’re living well, if that makes sense.

Reactions: 8
That’s fine, it’s just extremely damaging to the autistic community to have this mind set though😊.
We don't even know if Brooklyn actually has autism, so don't see how what I have said in my recent post that you responded to could be deemed as damaging to the autistic community.
Amber herself was initially leading more down the ADHD route, as very often children with ADHD have traits of impulsiveness, hyperactivty & low concentration, which are often very easy to spot while in a school setting. I'm also aware all children with ADHD do not necessarily poses the same traits, but thoughs are the most common characteristics. It's also actually quite sad how automatically a misbehaved child will get straight labeled as possibly ADHD.

Amber herself has spoke how Brooklyn has been assessed before,so I'm just wondering what was the outcome of that assessment. Amber is also struggling herself, so her moods aswell will definitely be rubbing off on thoughs kids, plus her home life doesn't really have much structure, so these factors can definitely contribute towards Brooklyn behaviour. Had she & Ste atleast tried to explore varies different avenues with regards to their parenting skills then I would honestly say fair dues to them.
I'm not trying to be disrespectful all I'm saying is sometimes people really need to explore all avenues before predominantly seeking a diagnosis
I am also very familiar with Children whom have ADHD, as In my line of work I have come into contact with several.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Agree - Chloe and Jordan have and have always had, the only table set up with both natural parents together and involved stable (one side still married), grandparents

All of the others have multiple divorces grandparent level some didn’t know their dads (Birmingham girl with autism), some grandparents have had multiple layers of marriages (Dylan siggers dad, Megan s-f mum, Mia’s dad, both of ambers parents). Poor stability / relationships then the mums replicating straight away poor choices and father relationships ending usually 6-12m after birth. Not great at all for children to grow up in.

I feel sorry for amber. At face value she always struck me as the naturally cleverest of all the mums shown. It’s a shame she can’t get her mental health up, or meet a stable father figure boyfriend, or have that strong supportive mum/dad to boost her up. Feels a bit like she’s always drowning with nothing to hold on to.
Ohh my I would never have described Amber as intelligent. Quite the opposite infact

Reactions: 9
We don't even know if Brooklyn actually has autism, so don't see how what I have said in my recent post that you responded to could be deemed as damaging to the autistic community.
Amber herself was initially leading more down the ADHD route, as very often children with ADHD have traits of impulsiveness, hyperactivty & low concentration, which are often very easy to spot while in a school setting. I'm also aware all children with ADHD do not necessarily poses the same traits, but thoughs are the most common characteristics. It's also actually quite sad how automatically a misbehaved child will get straight labeled as possibly ADHD.

Amber herself has spoke how Brooklyn has been assessed before,so I'm just wondering what was the outcome of that assessment. Amber is also struggling herself, so her moods aswell will definitely be rubbing off on thoughs kids, plus her home life doesn't really have much structure, so these factors can definitely contribute towards Brooklyn behaviour. Had she & Ste atleast tried to explore varies different avenues with regards to their parenting skills then I would honestly say fair dues to them.
I'm not trying to be disrespectful all I'm saying is sometimes people really need to explore all avenues before predominantly seeking a diagnosis
I am also very familiar with Children whom have ADHD, as In my line of work I have come into contact with several.
See I get were you’re coming from. Like I get peeved off when people go on saying they’re dyslexic because they’re behind on their reading and spelling and at school but they would say “yeah, my mum and dad said I have dyslexia so I’ve got dyslexia and the words move” but it just seems to be the norm to go down this route of putting something on it then looking into it. Like I’m glad Amber is getting Brooklyn assessed so it is a formal diagnosis. But the thing is people don’t fully understand these conditions and just go by the popular symptoms/traits they have and automatically assume it’s that when there’s more too it.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
See I get were you’re coming from. Like I get peeved off when people go on saying they’re dyslexic because they’re behind on their reading and spelling and at school but they would say “yeah, my mum and dad said I have dyslexia so I’ve got dyslexia and the words move” but it just seems to be the norm to go down this route of putting something on it then looking into it. Like I’m glad Amber is getting Brooklyn assessed so it is a formal diagnosis. But the thing is people don’t fully understand these conditions and just go by the popular symptoms/traits they have and automatically assume it’s that when there’s more too it.
Thank you glad somebody can relate to what I am saying. Also look how Brooklyn got upset when his misunderstood what Amber was saying, and thought she said how he was misbehaved in school.
As somebody already pointed out, that it could also be put, as his in a structured setting while at school his doing just fine apart from the struggling with his school work.

Reactions: 2
I don’t think Brooklyn has adhd. There’s a test you have to do for this first, the Woodcock-Johnson test which is a bit tit tbh but it’s the first port of call after a doctors referral. If this graph doesn’t show the traits in so many areas or settings then the assessment can be continued with a psych depending on where they are in the country (diff doctors etc). To me, Brooklyn shows some of the typical traits of adhd (the stereotype traits) however if he’s passed the graph test they would be unlikely to continue down this avenue. It’s possible he is on the autism spectrum which I know less about apart from I do suspect that myself and my daughter are on there somewhere but I know nothing about diagnosing it. It does annoy me when people excuse their childrens bad behaviour as adhd because it’s actually quite hard to get a diagnoses. My daughter was assessed for 7 years back and forth before being diagnosed as severe. Brooklyn (IMO) displays the stereotypical traits of adhd on screen so in that case his graph scores would match up and produce enough evidence to progress with assessments. So either he has been dismissed for adhd or Blackpool CAMHS is very poor which is also likely, for the amount of time it’s been going on. Amber says she waiting for this and that, if it were me I’d be badgering them all the time if I had the time (no job). I do think Amber is depressed and this is probably why she isn’t pushing and why she’s not really bothered about the house etc.

Reactions: 4
I don’t think Brooklyn has adhd. There’s a test you have to do for this first, the Woodcock-Johnson test which is a bit tit tbh but it’s the first port of call after a doctors referral. If this graph doesn’t show the traits in so many areas or settings then the assessment can be continued with a psych depending on where they are in the country (diff doctors etc). To me, Brooklyn shows some of the typical traits of adhd (the stereotype traits) however if he’s passed the graph test they would be unlikely to continue down this avenue. It’s possible he is on the autism spectrum which I know less about apart from I do suspect that myself and my daughter are on there somewhere but I know nothing about diagnosing it. It does annoy me when people excuse their childrens bad behaviour as adhd because it’s actually quite hard to get a diagnoses. My daughter was assessed for 7 years back and forth before being diagnosed as severe. Brooklyn (IMO) displays the stereotypical traits of adhd on screen so in that case his graph scores would match up and produce enough evidence to progress with assessments. So either he has been dismissed for adhd or Blackpool CAMHS is very poor which is also likely, for the amount of time it’s been going on. Amber says she waiting for this and that, if it were me I’d be badgering them all the time if I had the time (no job). I do think Amber is depressed and this is probably why she isn’t pushing and why she’s not really bothered about the house etc.
I wouldn’t say Blackpool is very poor. In my work the department for ASD and adhd has a two year waiting list in general and it has gotten long since lockdown. We’re lucky though because the kids that are under Camhs for other stuff like depression, anxiety etc due get prioritised but we have lower services such as charity services that do 6/8 week parenting course for the parents waiting for their kids to be accessed.

Reactions: 1
I wouldn’t say Blackpool is very poor. In my work the department for ASD and adhd has a two year waiting list in general and it has gotten long since lockdown. We’re lucky though because the kids that are under Camhs for other stuff like depression, anxiety etc due get prioritised but we have lower services such as charity services that do 6/8 week parenting course for the parents waiting for their kids to be accessed.
Sorry didn’t mean it like that, there’s been so many complaints about CAMHS and personally in my area they are brilliant. It was just looking at all options, if people are on waiting lists etc. i didn’t mean it was likely Blackpool was poor although it looks like that 🤦🏻‍♀️ I meant the services are so stretched maybe Amber is just waiting on them. Bad choice of words on my part.

Reactions: 2
Sorry didn’t mean it like that, there’s been so many complaints about CAMHS and personally in my area they are brilliant. It was just looking at all options, if people are on waiting lists etc. i didn’t mean it was likely Blackpool was poor although it looks like that 🤦🏻‍♀️ I meant the services are so stretched maybe Amber is just waiting on them. Bad choice of words on my part.
It’s completely fine, I’m not sure if they work the same way as we’re I work as I know here the adhd and ASD departments are separate to CAMHs so I’m assuming it’s the same in Blackpool. Amber only mention during one of the lockdowns so it’ll probably be likely if he doesn’t get assessed in the series he’s probably due it end of this year start next year that’s if there waiting list is similar to the service in my work and the referral was only done during the lockdowns.
I know the girl I went to school with her little lad shows clear signs of ASD and she’s been waiting since before lockdown to get him assessed and he was only assessed last week

Wow that’s a long time. I live in the north east and we waited weeks before my daughter was assessed. She wasn’t text book so was assessed twice in one town over 4 years, and twice in another over the following 3. CAMHS here deals with adhd so I assumed it would be the same nationwide. I’ve got a long timeline of my experience for a child that isn’t textbook, it’s so frustrating. I’ll bet Amber is end of her tether

Waiting times in my area are around 3 years for Autism assessments and about the same for ADHD.

Sorry to change the subject but, Am I being really picky in thinking Dylan should have had his toddler son have some shoes on while playing on a zip wire? Also noticed Dylan had the kids yesterday and gone away for his birthday yet it doesn't look like Ree has them today? 🤔

Reactions: 4
Those waiting times 🤯
I feel old and completely saddened that these children are being made to wait like this.
Dylan I hadn’t seen but yes his child should be using shoes on a zip line.
I saw reannes story but assumed the children were with him

Long time lurker...

I am really routing for Amber, don’t get me wrong she’s been the author of her own misfortune at times, but I think she has started to drown and lacks the necessary support to get out of it. I follow on her Instagram and she’s clearly all about her kids, works hard on promoting positive body image. But in those formative years of becoming a mum she could have done with more support from her own mum. I know Ste likes to present himself as father of the year but we’ve all seen the mask slip and part of raising sons is to raise them to respect women, Ste respects Amher when she’s doing what he wants her to do when he wants to do it.

Amber’s life and all she carries would be overwhelming to the strongest of souls, when Hudson goes to school and she gets proper time to herself I think we are going to see her blossom. At least that’s what I hope, I just have such a soft spot for her, she seems to do everything without support In a way the other girls don’t have to.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Right, regardless of Brooklyn's possible diagnosis and any other issues, Amber needs to make a few changes. The house needs gutting and cleaning, get some bin bags, throw the crap away, open the windows and crack the Hoover out! Next up, get those kids into a routine, in their own beds, with a proper time for sleep and decent meal times.
Brooklyn may be difficult to deal with, but he can still be told a firm NO, as can Hudson, who also seems to be slightly off kilter when it comes to behaviour. She seems to spend a lot of time sat on her arse watching the chaos and not dealing with it, then ste turns up and they shout at each other and that’s that.
Just a few improvements will help her and the kids.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.