Teen Mom UK #23

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Episode 2 thoughts **SPOILERS***

- I'm starting to think Sassi might be neurodivergent (coming from somebody who is neurodivergent!) as I notice a lot of similarities in our behaviours. For example, she doesn't seem to cope very well at all when things don't go her way and I find she doesn't fully understand why other people do or act as they do. Her mum seems to be the only person who can de-escalate the situation effectively when she starts getting emotional by talking her down, as she seems to have very little tolerance for situations that cause her distress and clearly has issues with emotional regulation/outbursts. Also, I don't really understand why she chose to go to that tree top trail thing and then got upset when Zena'ya didn't like it?? Her mum was so right, she is 5 years old!! What's wrong with going to the zoo or a theme park?!! However, I'm glad Darren stuck to his guns and didn't give in to that whole 'safety wife' thing, I think thats Sassi trying to cling onto a bit of hope that they might get back together.

- Ste screaming at Amber on FaceTime like that then again in the house when discussing Brooklyn's referral?! wtafffff? No wonder her kids are a bit of a handful if that's the example Ste sets. He is so dismissive of Amber's concerns, and I don't think that's fair considering how much she has them on her own.

- I'm glad Mia's dad is stable, although not much seems to be happening between her and Manley's situation. Erin with her hair done and a full face of makeup... I didn't even recognise her. I had to rewind the video until the name pop-up came up! although they did such a fantastic job of the girl's room!

- Part of me is very surprised Chloe doesn't want another baby with Jordan but after the cheating thing and how little effort he makes with anything, I do get where she's coming from, and she does seem to stick with her guns. She doesn't seem like the type to get tattoos but I do like what she got and she obviously put some thought behind it (not that tattoos need to have any meaning!).

I'd be interested to hear what anybody else thinks :)
I think you are dead on about sassi and I also think ste has something going on. He seems deeply unhappy.. the way he screamed at her because put the boys to bed before the FaceTime call… no wonder amber struggles so badly.

Reactions: 10
Anyone notice the caption on Chloes story when she said "cancelled" the captions said "kind of sword" 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I think Amber is a good mum but she does seem to struggle; I do question why she had another child and I agree with the poster that she’s looking for a diagnosis to justify behavioural issues. From what we’ve seen, I definitely don’t see autism in Brooklyn. ADHD seems to be the go to for naughty behaviour which then gives ADHD a bad rep.
I have ADHD and was never badly behaved. I struggle so much as an adult but again, I’m not poorly behaved.
Amber needs a support system. I am the only parent for my kids and it’s crippling without the right support. I personally found going and doing a college course one of the best things for myself. I truly enjoyed it and it got me in to a great headspace. She would definitely benefit from a little job or a course of sorts.
She could even hire someone to come clean the house etc, there’s no shame in it

Reactions: 14
Very off topic but does anyone else find it really sad how Megan’s son always poses like this? Like he’s obviously copied it from men she’s been with/hung around, just let him be a child! He’s not a mini road man 😭
Never seen lads do that pose before yeah I’ve seen them giving the finger not this. I assume it’s just a lads thing like my nephew use to do poses that he seen off cartoons like the Simpsons or what not. I’m not saying he isn’t getting it off people megs been around I just wouldn’t assume it’s bad because hopefully he’ll grow out of it

Reactions: 1
Never seen lads do that pose before yeah I’ve seen them giving the finger not this. I assume it’s just a lads thing like my nephew use to do poses that he seen off cartoons like the Simpsons or what not. I’m not saying he isn’t getting it off people megs been around I just wouldn’t assume it’s bad because hopefully he’ll grow out of it
Oh ok! I’ve definitely seen lads do this pose though!

Reactions: 11
I think you are dead on about sassi and I also think ste has something going on. He seems deeply unhappy.. the way he screamed at her because put the boys to bed before the FaceTime call… no wonder amber struggles so badly.
Completely agree about Ste. I think his general reluctance to accept that there's any concern regarding Brooklyn's behaviour is because he thinks it's a reflection of his own parenting, when there may be an actual medical reason to explain it. He can't be doing Amber's self-esteem any good by screaming at her like that!

Reactions: 16
Very off topic but does anyone else find it really sad how Megan’s son always poses like this? Like he’s obviously copied it from men she’s been with/hung around, just let him be a child! He’s not a mini road man 😭
😂😭😭😭 That is 100% a road man pose

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I get what alot of you are saying about amber being depressed and needing a break but I thought Ste worked during the week, which is why he takes the boys every weekend? And then Brooklyn is full time in school and if Hudson is 2 he’d be entitled to atleast a part time place in nursery & if she were to work or study she could either pay for full day or get a childcare bursary to cover the additional fees for a FT place.

Once they’re both full time both kids will be out the house til 3.30pm and it’s dinner/tv/play, bath, bed really if they’re in a good routine and then every weekend they’re gone, isn’t that quite a bit of free time? Maybe I’m biased because I can’t even have a bath at home without my kids calling me even if their dad is right there but I feel like she gets time away from the kids?

I think from my observation, her life is stagnant and that is what is draining her — like most of you have said going to work, meeting new people, meeting a decent guy doing positive things, making money, having a routine and something to do — would fully change her low moods.
Last season she had her friend in scenes quite often and they went out on the ‘pull’ together so I wonder why she’s spending so much time alone. It’s a shame if she fell out with her but perhaps widening her social circle would be better for her!

Last edited:
  • Heart
I get what alot of you are saying about amber being depressed and needing a break but I thought Ste worked during the week, which is why he takes the boys every weekend? And then Brooklyn is full time in school and if Hudson is 2 he’d be entitled to atleast a part time place in nursery & if she were to work or study she could either pay for full day or get a childcare
to cover the additional fees for a FT place.

Once they’re both full time both kids will be out the house til 3.30pm and it’s dinner/tv/play, bath, bed really if they’re in a good routine and then every weekend they’re gone, isn’t that quite a bit of free time? Maybe I’m biased because I can’t even have a bath at home without my kids calling me even if their dad is right there but I feel like she gets time away from the kids?

I think from my observation, her life is stagnant and that is what is draining her — like most of you have said going to work, meeting new people, meeting a decent guy doing positive things, making money, having a routine and something to do — would fully change her low moods.
Last season she had her friend in scenes quite often and they went out on the ‘pull’ together so I wonder why she’s spending so much time alone. It’s a shame if she fell out with her but perhaps widening her social circle would be better for her!
Amber is a victim of having a tiny bit of media attention and influencing. She wanted to be a social worker and volunteered with the homeless, remember. And Mia she wanted to do law. I very much doubt Sassi is still doing criminology and psychology at uni. We’ll see……I have a degree in criminology and it was hard. You need to be into politics and current affairs too it’s complex. I don’t like Chloe but she’s smart enough to know her, I don’t know what to call it…..z list fame? Is short lived and she’l have a plan B. Not smart enough to know what her man is all about. They hide their likes because the public are fucked off at so called influencers now and the inequality that the structure of instagram creates.

Reactions: 8
Amber is a victim of having a tiny bit of media attention and influencing. She wanted to be a social worker and volunteered with the homeless, remember. And Mia she wanted to do law. I very much doubt Sassi is still doing criminology and psychology at uni. We’ll see……I have a degree in criminology and it was hard. You need to be into politics and current affairs too it’s complex. I don’t like Chloe but she’s smart enough to know her, I don’t know what to call it…..z list fame? Is short lived and she’l have a plan B. Not smart enough to know what her man is all about. They hide their likes because the public are fucked off at so called influencers now and the inequality that the structure of instagram creates.
Oh snap! I did criminology and sociology though, definitely hard work and you have to be interested to stay motivated. Yeah she probably makes more off a post than 3 hours of work but it’s clearly not making her happy or motivating her — being stuck in the house she might become like Amber (teen mom og American series) only difference is amber still has her children to motivate her somewhat. I get what you’re saying though but 20’s go so fast if they don’t have a plan B they’ll regret it when the show is over and nobody cares about the teeth whitener they are promoting!

Well guess we will just have to beg to differ, and no offence meant to Amber, but her home environment has alot to be desired which I'm almost certain would of had an adverse effect on Brooklyn behaviour aswell. And it also looks like she will also be making the same mistakes, with the little one aswell, which is not instilling discipline and boundaries at an early enough age.
Not to also mention the constant arguments between her & Ste always in front of her children.
That’s fine, it’s just extremely damaging to the autistic community to have this mind set though😊.

Reactions: 4
In regards to Brooklyn and ASD, I have a nephew who has it and when my brother and his ex were on bad terms his behavioural issues were so heightened; but in school he would model other childrens behaviour (and that’s what coaxed him to talk as he was non verbal and delayed with language) so it IS possible they behave very differently in school but I do also agree the lack of structure, boundaries and arguments constantly can have a knock on effect to the ‘acting out’.

I’m sure if his school teacher watched an episode of when he had meltdowns they might be shocked so it’s not always the schools fault, they have to report what they see. That’s why when a child starts acting out they ask “is anything happening at home?” Because home life has a detrimental impact to learnt behaviours as that’s where they are most of the time.

edited to add: I’m not saying asd itself is acting out I’m talking about extreme out of the ordinary behaviour - especially when it’s so different at school. Every child with ASD is completely different although there are some common traits and characteristics. my main point is if their home life is stable then you would be able to differentiate whether he has picked up on their behaviours, or if he is on the spectrum or both possibly but it’s been toxic for years and he’s been privy to it all sadly.

Last edited:
I’m not trying to moderate here but can we lay off the adhd/autism talk. Of course you’re entitled to your opinions but it does no justice for the autistic community to have voices from NT individuals. As an autistic person myself with an autistic child I am finding some of these posts really triggering and I don’t think it’s necessary to be discussing a little boys possible diagnosis.

Reactions: 23
I’m not trying to moderate here but can we lay off the adhd/autism talk. Of course you’re entitled to your opinions but it does no justice for the autistic community to have voices from NT individuals. As an autistic person myself with an autistic child I am finding some of these posts really triggering and I don’t think it’s necessary to be discussing a little boys possible diagnosis.
If they don’t want Brooklyn’s possible diagnosis spoken about then they shouldn’t film it for a tv show 🤷🏽‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 35
If they don’t want Brooklyn’s possible diagnosis spoken about then they shouldn’t film it for a tv show 🤷🏽‍♀️
Fair enough but some of these comments are so uneducated it’s damaging for the autistic community and I am asking if we can just lay off it. I enjoy this thread, it’s my most read thread but I feel I’m going to have to unfollow for a while until this talk has died down.

I really want to know if Erin and Manley are still together😂
Unfollowed him so don’t know if he’s posted anything, but Erin doesn’t follow him so my guess is probably not.

They usually follow each other each time they get back together then unfollow when they break up

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Fair enough but some of these comments are so uneducated it’s damaging for the autistic community and I am asking if we can just lay off it. I enjoy this thread, it’s my most read thread but I feel I’m going to have to unfollow for a while until this talk has died down.
Isn’t it better it’s spoke about for awareness if even to shed some light on the subject and make others aware of somethings people may not know unless they have it or know someone who does? I like when I can mention my nephew and give a different viewpoint to it. Point out the uneducated comments and make people aware they may come across slightly ignorant but again everyone’s experience may differ and that’s ok, no two autistic people are the same so what may be the case for one isn’t for someone else.
People treat it like it’s a dirty word and it’s not, it’s just different and if anything I think speaking on it can change perspectives rather than be an argument. But that’s all I wanted to say, other than that I’ll respectfully acknowledge your distaste at it being conversated and say nothing else from this point on.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Isn’t it better it’s spoke about for awareness if even to shed some light on the subject and make others aware of somethings people may not know unless they have it or know someone who does? I like when I can mention my nephew and give a different viewpoint to it. Point out the uneducated comments and make people aware they may come across slightly ignorant but again everyone’s experience may differ and that’s ok, no two autistic people are the same so what may be the case for one isn’t for someone else.
People treat it like it’s a dirty word and it’s not, it’s just different and if anything I think speaking on it can change perspectives rather than be an argument. But that’s all I wanted to say, other than that I’ll respectfully acknowledge your distaste at it being conversated and say nothing else from this point on.
Yes when it is autistic voices who know exactly what it’s like to autistic and therefore valid. Most of these comments are actually untrue and just the opinion of the OP which is damaging. Thank you.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.