Taylor Swift

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow.... I'm so surprised at the kind of lyrics and symbolism she's using these days, and it's so all at once she's chocking them full with them. It has to mean something more than her just using the community. I'm really believing she is part of it. The testing the waters theory with all this makes total sense as others have said.

The song fell really flat for me as well, didn't think much of it. It's not packing as much of a punch as her other stuff has, and I feel that she's become so lost in a certain agenda that the songwriting has suffered.

When I've seen candids of her and Joe, they don't look happy or flirty AT ALL. So all this makes sense.

Reactions: 1
This is the worst song she's ever released imo. I hope the video flops. I say this as someone who has listened to her since tear drops on my guitar. Just disappointing. Not to mention rinsing the fans for some poxy album bundle that most of them will want to collect. She is trying too hard to be inclusive that it just comes off as insincere. Unless she is going to come out, then this just feels like a cash grab and marketing scheme.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
She popped up at a stonewall event last night. It's just all too much how much this activism has ramped up during her campaign promo.

But the lover tracklisting has been leaked 😆

She's denied the rumours that her and Katy dress as a burger and chips then kiss not long after it started, compared to silence for months with the Nazi rumours.
D9C7YPyUEAAqTFZ.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Anyone else being stalked by tay on Instagram? I've already heard it, I'm good thanks. Keeping up with her payola reputation
View attachment 15007
I’m pretty sure Instagram sponsored ads are based on your internet history? You can just report it as offensive. Not that I’m 100% that they will listen.

I’m pretty sure Instagram sponsored ads are based on your internet history? You can just report it as offensive. Not that I’m 100% that they will listen.
Oh definitely, Facebook mine alot of data. Was joking about the amount of money they must have put behind promoting MEH! To keep getting it on my feed. Taylor is the queen of payola after all ;)

The reviews of "calm down" are pretty positive, it's hard to be critical of something that is for a good change and I think many are worried about a backlash. I don't think anyone actually beleives it's an anthem, it's no "born this way" or "same love" by a long shot.

I think she's genuine with her sentiments about the LGBTQ+ community, but her intentions are opportunist and she's only getting involved for her own benefit.

I just hope she's dressed as a burger and Katy as a chip tomorrow. She always does one great music video for each album and we haven't had it yet.

Reactions: 2
I've only heard of ellen, ryan r and rue paul - but a whole bunch of new "celebs" that weren't in bad blood are in the vid

🙏 Katy as a chip

If she’s about to come out, this is already a long build up 😂
Maybe she just decided she had enough of the gay badgers in her country and decided to speak up (and make that cash at the same time!)

Well the video is alright, Katy and Taylor are dressed up as a burger and chips as everyone expected but they hug rather than kiss. Wonder if they were kissing but recut it

Still doesn't really help the song not being anything much

Hannah hart was also in it if anyone cares, seeing as this is a youtube forum.
I saw that too, and that's the only other person I knew besides the obvious ones. I feel a bit out of the loop if it was chock full of people I had a hard time identifying them.

From the video
- Taylor leaves her trailer/community to go and join the LGBTQ+ trailer community.
- She is laying down in front of the protestors that are against gay people WITH all the LGBTQ people.
- Everyone in the video is either gay, bi, trans, apart from Ryan Reynolds.
- Ryan Reynolds is observing as an ally, he is only one not living in the LGBTQ community.
- He is painting the Stonewall Inn, a gay bar, which Taylor performed at last week.
- Her hair is the colour of the bisexual flag.

I do not know how she can make it any more clear. Today on Tumblr, she also 'liked' a post about Kaylor, something she hasn't done for years. AND, when she sees Katy, she has the same look on her face as that of the Delicate movie video when she is looking for her significant other and then she finds them but it doesn't show you who it is. Obv not saying her and Katy are together in real life but given they are living in an LGBTQ+ community in the video, it makes sense for the video.

Delicate movie scene, I am referencing:

A quote from Taylor:
“So, I was like, can we do a burger and fries as like a metaphor for two people who belong together? And people who are like a perfect pair?”

— Taylor talking with Greg James BBC Radio 1

“Taylor Swift’s New Single Is a Teachable Moment About How Not to Be an Ally

30 cameos in Taylor Swift’s new video..

Well, the LGBTQ people featured were obviously ok with the video. They are making a problem out of nothing. Taylor literally has the bi flag colours in her hair and then sits with the LGBTQ people while there are protestors saying being gay/bi/trans/etc is wrong. She is screaming that she is part of the community. It is so so obvious now. Ryan Reynolds, that ally in the video, is not "living" in the LGBTQ community and instead is observing and painting the Stonewall Inn, a gay bar which Taylor performed at last week.

Many gay people I follow online are LOVING this video and the message Taylor is spreading.

Well, the LGBTQ people featured were obviously ok with the video. They are making a problem out of nothing. Taylor literally has the bi flag colours in her hair and then sits with the LGBTQ people while there are protestors saying being gay/bi/trans/etc is wrong. She is screaming that she is part of the community. It is so so obvious now. Ryan Reynolds, that ally in the video, is not "living" in the LGBTQ community and instead is observing and painting the Stonewall Inn, a gay bar which Taylor performed at last week.

Many gay people I follow online are LOVING this video and the message Taylor is spreading.
AA961A99-DE57-46EF-9F75-659B44A4DC44.jpeg

I think she’s a bit of a troll. 😐

Most gay people I know are hating this, just see Taylor as using LGBTQ people as props. Gaga or Madonna would fly around the world during their off months to support these events and quietly donate. Very hard to take her seriously It's just so in your face with Taylor, it's like she's turned into the self serving opportunist many accused her of being.

I don't like the stereotypes in the video, but her in the paddling pool looks nice enough.

I'm convinced Katy and Taylor did kiss,but after that was leaked and even her fans on Tumblr hated it they recut it.

Writing off bigotry as negativity—the word Swift used to describe what her song is attacking—probably isn’t helpful either. Homophobia is a real ideology with a real history. Telling homophobes they’re boring downers probably won’t sway them, and it’s hard to imagine that such a message will comfort many of the people they target. Right here is the aforementioned meaning-drift, the dilution. “You Need to Calm Down” has, between its muddled metaphors, only one clear through line: Swift’s struggles with criticism in the public eye are like that of gay people facing actual hate for being who they are. Huge social conflicts are boiled into a bland, unworkable battle between smiley rainbow people and “haters.” And if you’re annoyed at that, you’ll be told you need to calm down.
Edit just seen the onion :LOL:
Taylor Swift Inspires Teen To Come Out As Straight Woman Needing To Be At Center Of Gay Rights Narrative

Last edited:
  • Haha
Most gay people I know are hating this, just see Taylor as using LGBTQ people as props. Gaga or Madonna would fly around the world during their off months to support these events and quietly donate. Very hard to take her seriously It's just so in your face with Taylor, it's like she's turned into the self serving opportunist many accused her of being.
Tbh I think it's been a process for her to say things publicly - though she did begin to in 2014 in "Welcome to New York". For whatever reason (probably that she can't really win either way, or wanted to educate herself first), she's kept fairly quiet about LGBTQ+ issues and politics. And it's just been in the last couple of years that she's stopped worrying so much about being a perfect role model and has spoken publicly.

"Oh, and as someone who works closely with many of the organizations @TaylorSwift13 directly supports, I’ll just add that she has been in our court for years, donating her time/treasure to LGBTQ causes. This isn’t a new era. It’s who she is. Credit where credit’s due."

Reactions: 3
I think she's genuine with her sentiments about the LGBTQ+ community, but her intentions are opportunist and she's only getting involved for her own benefit.
Yes, this! I think she thinks she's got pure intentions, but where was this voice months ago when she didn't have an album to promote?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.